Author Topic: Bomb Blast Divots (craters)  (Read 312 times)

Offline wldmn

• Zinc Member
Bomb Blast Divots (craters)
« on: June 05, 2005, 12:52:28 PM »
I've noticed that when bombs are dropped on GV's or even in the towns the Blast Divots (crater) appear to be so high off of the ground they cover up GV's,  acks and at times actually hide or makes it very difficult to see if a building is left up in the town.

Hope this is the correct forum to post what appears to be a bug with the crater left by the bomb blast.   I understand seeing the divots or craters sticking out on the side of the hills but if we could fix the code to have the creator lower on the flats it would make visuals must better.

Thanks,

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 08:50:59 AM »
I'd like to see real divits that planes and GV's will fall into.

Offline psob2

• Zinc Member
Re: Bomb Blast Divots (craters)
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 10:08:49 AM »
Originally posted by wldmn
I've noticed that when bombs are dropped on GV's or even in the towns the Blast Divots (crater) appear to be so high off of the ground they cover up GV's,  acks and at times actually hide or makes it very difficult to see if a building is left up in the town.

have noticed the same thing. it seems, at least on my end, that the crater graphic is above the ground. enough to hide gvs and buildings that are next to the crater graphic
psob2, psob3, now BTPsob2

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 04:32:34 PM »
Originally posted by Clifra Jones
I'd like to see real divits that planes and GV's will fall into.

Wont happen, as much as I would love to see it too.

I agree, its maddening to see a GV scurry across a 4000 pound bomb crater and lot so much as loose speed.  

Be nice if such a thing did happen.  But I can see the problem, too.  Why target fighter hangars and the sort when you can lob 500 pounders all over an active runway?  Granted, most of these planes were designed for rough fields...but many werent.  Still...doing so would really get the whines going (mine included!)