Author Topic: Bad Day For Big Al  (Read 628 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Bad Day For Big Al
« on: December 04, 2000, 04:14:00 PM »
This is not a "gloating post".

It's easy to see the Nation, at least those who care enough to vote, was about equally split.

Al had a bad day today with the Supremes politely asking the Florida Supremes "what were YOU thinking?" and the Leon County Judge saying "enough is enough".

I'm sure there will be appeals but it's looking more and more like this is pretty well over.

Yeah, I voted for Bush on Jesse Jackson's Supreme Court issue ( but Jess and I don't see eye to eye on that one exactly   )

I don't think Gore is the anti-Christ however. Unlike his boss, he went to VietNam and that counts in my book.

Anyway, here's my point...one I asked you all to consider back on 11-07-00 in this thread http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum4/HTML/000763.html

"Whoever wins, will the losing side please refrain from predicting the end of the US or end of the world in the next 4 years?
No matter how it turns out, we'll survive.

If it's not your guy, start working hard NOW to make a difference next time.

If it is your guy, start working hard now to make him keep his promises.

Thanks!"

I'll be working on Bush as best I can. I'll give him the bennie of my views on Justices and I'll also tell him some of his ideas are wrong.

Drilling in the Artic now? Why now? We're still getting oil. Wouldn't you rather still have that oil when the Arabs finally run out of theirs?   (and when we may know more about how to do it in an environmentally safer fashion?)

Peace my brothers...let's move the nation forward, together!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Bad Day For Big Al
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2000, 07:17:00 AM »
I do like the US Supreme Court decision.  It reminds me of when I talk to my vendors:

"I don't really like that answer.  Think about it some, and come back with a different one."

Hehehehe.  They don't call me Dr. Evil for nothing

AKDejaVu

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Bad Day For Big Al
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2000, 09:09:00 AM »
Big Gay Al's Big Gay Election ride is rapidly going down in flames  
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Bad Day For Big Al
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2000, 10:23:00 AM »
What a rollercoaster.

Too bad that Gore dude had to take it to court.

He shoullda just accepted the loss as a man and kept moving.

geesh.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"