Author Topic: I finaly got Operation Flashpoint! WHOOO  (Read 2799 times)

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
I finaly got Operation Flashpoint! WHOOO
« on: November 22, 2001, 11:20:00 AM »
I know what I'm going to do this Thanksgiving, eat turkey, watch the parades, and.....KILL RUUSKIIEES!  Man this game rocks. After I played the demo I just knew I had to have this game. I'm curently on the campain mission where you have to get to the castle. Man its hard... and I'm on cadet mode  :D  Once I get my modem fixed I hope I can play with some of you guys. Which reminds me, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY MODEM!!!!  :)  

Happy Turkey Day all!
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2001, 12:03:00 PM »
Beef,

email me:  raf1swoop@yahoo.co.uk

I can help ya with the modem probs (2nd lvl tech support for AT&T global networks) and can send ya a shed load of self made missions for OFP.   :)

Which reminds me......trying to organise a get together of some OFP players for a *very* long session on a mission covering one entire island.......ya up for it?

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »
Swoop I'd love to join you in some long missions, provided I can get the modem on MY compooter fixed and provided my ISP holds out. I'd love to be a HIND pilot (if we played ruskies) or a CH47 or UH60 pilot. I also like driving trucks and tanks.....and sometimes infantry is the only way to go. Man this game rocks!

PS I'm sending an email after I post this.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2001, 01:01:00 PM »
Just got it too.

The mission where you stop the convoy with sachel charges and snipe the troops is the funnest 1 hour in gaming I've had except for Ghost Recon COOP most times and of course many AH online fights.

Bought another computer and hooking up upgraded DSL just to run servers.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2001, 01:30:00 PM »
Beef, check yr email.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2001, 01:59:00 PM »
Swoop,

Put some jeeps etc near the spawn point so ded guys can catch up to the rest of the group.

Noticed this while on gamespy the other night. Tough rejoining game if you killed off.
10B

Beefcake, go the editor center for the addons http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/
Get the latest troops, vehicles, weapons. scripts.  

And this site for missions.. http://www.flashpointarena.com/
A slightly better rating system for single player missions.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2001, 07:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Creamo:
Just got it too.

The mission where you stop the convoy with sachel charges and snipe the troops is the funnest 1 hour in gaming I've had except for Ghost Recon COOP most times and of course many AH online fights.

Bought another computer and hooking up upgraded DSL just to run servers.

That sachel charge mission is a blast. I kept trying to snipe the turrent crew of the tank while my support axed the rest of the vehilces with LAWS. Then I would try to demo charge the T80.  Took me quite a while to realize I could daisy chain the t80. Then a bit longer to realize I could get all three of the demos to take out the whole gang at once.
great mission. My joystick is not working right though and Im having trouble with the cobra mission.

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2001, 01:49:00 AM »
hah,

that sniper mission is a blast

i didnt even call in bravo team the 1st time until after i killed the convoy and then sniped all those guys who came as backup. bravo came in and waxed the bmp and we advanced on the town

called charlie in to come from the other side and both teams pinched while i played hero with the rifle.

soooooooo much fun
edit: told ya you'd like it pongo :)

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: moose ]
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2001, 09:09:00 AM »
I almost got this the other day, but stopped.  I have a few questions.  How many people can play it online smoothly?  Are the frame rates better than they were in the demo?  Smooth online game play?

I had fun with the demo, but if I'm paying I want to play with real people not AI. I looked forward to the game, but have heard bad things about the multiplayer side.  Did they patch it and make it better?

thnx  :)

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2001, 09:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by Swoop:
Beef,

I can help ya with the modem probs (2nd lvl tech support for AT&T global networks) and can send ya a shed load of self made missions for OFP.    :)

Which reminds me......trying to organise a get together of some OFP players for a *very* long session on a mission covering one entire island.......ya up for it?

(Image removed from quote.)

Need pretty good pings (even with 1.30/dedicated servers) to play a good multiplayer game.

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2001, 09:32:00 AM »
Not sure 'bout multiplayer Undies, I actually play OFP for single player because it's so damn good in that aspect.

I spend all the multiplayer with Ghost Recon cuz I don't like single player as well with that and it's is so fekin good and smooth.

In regards to that convoy mission, I never could get all the vehicles at once. Interesting to hear how others did. I set the tree sachels spaced out using the telephone poles as refrence, and hauled bellybutton up the hill. I detonate them and then call in Bravo, but it always left that tank. So I'd kill the entire camp, go pick up a rocket launcher (GR needs that pick-up feature badly) and go back to kill the tank. Fun.

:)

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2001, 01:18:00 PM »
The game isnt about the campaign.  The single player campaign should be renamed "basic training".

The game is the mission editor.

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Swoop ]

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2001, 02:37:00 PM »
I was able to get all 4 with the demo charges. But I always ran back and hid along along the water. I once had the second bmp try to climb the hill to flank the ambush and then turn arround and wade out into the water. I killed the rpg gunner and sniped the floating BMP with that..
How do you drop a rocket launcher when you dont want it any more?

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2001, 03:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by Swoop:

(Image removed from quote.)  [/QB]

Swoop,
Check your e-mail

Cheers

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Heater ]
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2001, 09:18:00 PM »
Pongo you can't drop it directly.  However you can pick up a PK or M60 (which drops your rifle and the launcher) and then pick up your rifle again