Author Topic: My first painting  (Read 1112 times)

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
My first painting
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 12:41:52 PM »
Apparently edbert is an educated man!(doc holiday voice) I really like the 109..nice tones on it. The canvas seems to be real rough and is distracting a little..that spit on fire is a little disheartening :(.....

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
My first painting
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 12:46:12 PM »
Its my Spit :(    

Its a great painting
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
My first painting
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005, 02:12:14 PM »
Did u get that from a screen shot? :D

Looks good keep up the work make some money get nice house :)

S!

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
My first painting
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2005, 02:23:59 PM »
Nice.  Any of you create art strictly on a computer?  If so, what software do you use?
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
My first painting
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2005, 02:25:28 PM »
Damn nice for a first effort!  Wtg man!

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
My first painting
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2005, 05:41:38 PM »
How about posting a high res 1600x1200 desktop version?

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
My first painting
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2005, 06:43:03 PM »
paint by numbers right:lol :lol .........JK....very nice:aok
Loony2 Of "The Iron Saints"

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
My first painting
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2005, 07:47:27 PM »
Originally posted by Halo
Nice.  Any of you create art strictly on a computer?  If so, what software do you use?

Illustrator is nice for some stuff....Painter is freakin sweeeeeet though. You can get some great results with it. http://www.corel.com/painterix/home/index.html

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
My first painting
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2005, 08:02:21 PM »
great painting bumba, im an illustrator, and work primarily in ink but it looks like your off on a good start!

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
My first painting
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2005, 04:05:14 PM »
Hey thanks a lot for the positive response guys . Thanks for the advice from you painters, I know we have quite a few artist, illistrators and graphic artists in our midst, and to get a good review from the community means a lot to me, lets me know I'm on the right track.

Looking forward to doing more, and will most certainly be showing them to u folks.

Thanks again for the encouragment.

Big to AH community.

p.s: I'd love to see some other folks stuff, anything, art , illistrations etc.
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
My first painting
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2005, 03:14:50 PM »
i like it,, but on a t6otaly un-artistic point.. make the plane identifiable.. who fly the plane?

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
My first painting
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2005, 03:56:52 PM »
Oh my that's awsome! And it's your first attempt? Really great work mate, keep it up!

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
My first painting
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2005, 07:07:35 PM »
Originally posted by SELECTOR
i like it,, but on a t6otaly un-artistic point.. make the plane identifiable.. who fly the plane?

Hey Selector. I think I posted in the Airplane area telling you I was using your skin on a painting I was working on, this is it. I know I butchered the colours, but I was eager to get on with it, and got tired of trying to match them.

The paintings still not finished, I chickened out before adding the chevron, dashes and #. I didn't add a swaztica either and I need some more dirtying up when I detail the engine area.

Someone asked earlier if this came from a screenshot, it did, using Selectors skin. The problem lies in the variance of detail because of my lower end vid card. I ended up searching every pic of plane and skin I could find , then cross matching as many as needed.Then I tried my best to measure all the angles properly, it's harder than this naive rookie thought it would be,hehe.

Thanks for the skins Selector. I'm sorry I forgot to mention that earlier.
I used to be a fatalist,

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
My first painting
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2005, 09:27:43 PM »
Originally posted by airbumba

p.s: I'd love to see some other folks stuff, anything, art , illistrations etc.

First nice painting ! I've tried painting, and it just too time consuming to me....just don't have the pataience.

Next I don't claim to be an artist..... but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night  :) I've been playing with an airbrush. This is a T-shirt I made up for the WWII Air Show in Reading PA this year.

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
My first painting
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2005, 04:38:13 PM »
Originally posted by MaddogJoe
First nice painting ! I've tried painting, and it just too time consuming to me....just don't have the pataience.

Next I don't claim to be an artist..... but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night  :) I've been playing with an airbrush. This is a T-shirt I made up for the WWII Air Show in Reading PA this year.

That's cool Joe. I want to try airbrushing. My brother has a setup and one day I'm going to get him to show me how to do the basics.

I would consider your simpit art, and damn good art at that.:aok

Speak of holiday Inn. I met this chick the other night and while tryin to get her to a Holiday Inn, i told her I'd like to paint her nude. She said she'd never take her clothes off to be painted. I laughed, and told her, "no I'll be naked". hehe.

I gunna love being an artist, lol.
I used to be a fatalist,