Author Topic: O'club  (Read 10954 times)

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
O'club
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2005, 06:10:31 PM »
Originally posted by spitfiremkv
I'm also for completely free discussions where everybody can say whatever they feel, even at the expense of some getting offended.

I am for that too, but not as a component of the official HTC website, and not if playing babysitter takes away from the real work their staff has to do.

You want a free for all say anything website, start one up.

RIP O'Club. The demise was long overdue.

Offline jEEZY

• Copper Member
O'club
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2005, 06:11:35 PM »
what a shame

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2005, 06:13:34 PM »
Thats a tough one.  HTC might be better served not supporting an O'Club forum.   It was all non game-related discussion by definition anyway.   Couldn't say for sure if it did a better job of creating hard feelings or building the community, though I feel richer for having read through many of the debate threads.

I was really impressed by the knowledge demostrated and high quality of many of the posts (momus and Charon esp).   Quite a few very smart people here, and without the O'Club I really wouldn't have known that.

If it doesn't come back, to Laz, Toad, Nash, Gunslinger, Raider, Virgil Hilts, Steve, Wotan, and all others I've discussed things with on the board.    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and opinions.  Sorry for not mentioning those names who for the moment have slipped my mind- you know who you are, though.

CYA round.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
O'club
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2005, 06:14:48 PM »
Farewell Tribute to the O-Club Poem:

Where were you,… when the O-Club died?
Where were you,… when we all got spanked?
Do you remember when,… there were strippers among us?
Do you remember when,… Voss hit 2,000?
Whatever happened to,… all those “Caption This” threads?
Whatever happened to,… all those religious debates?
I already miss,… Ripsnort’s copy and paste.
I already miss,…Lazs and Beet1e goin at it.
It’s hard to believe,… that its already a legend.
It’s hard to believe,… that we did it in.
Farewell,… Objectionable Club.
Farewell,… I can’t believe you’re gone.

eskimo

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.fasteasynet.com
O'club
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2005, 06:15:19 PM »

Offline Gh0stFT

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2005, 06:15:20 PM »
"...Never was so much owed by so few to so many..."
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2005, 06:17:47 PM »
Originally posted by 1K3
On all 5 counts...

"We" the STAFF find the whiners...

1- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.

(Posting off-topic subjects in the General forum)...

GUILTY!

2- Threads should remain on topic, do not "hijack" topics.

(Deviating on subject)...

GUILTY!

3- Do not open a new thread that duplicates a current topic.

(Multiple duplicate thread offense)...

GUILTY!

4- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users and HTC. Flaming or abusing users is not tolerated.

(Disrespecting and just plain trolling)...

GUILTY!

5- Flamebaiting, trolling, or posting to incite or annoy

(Same as count 4)...

GUILTY!

(Sentencing will be held the next day or week)

Sure hope your including yourself in count 5 and also among the condemned.
Cause thats what that post amounts to
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline agent 009

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
O'club
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2005, 06:18:11 PM »
Well, could well have been because of the heat I got for offering up ideas on how a cross channel op "might" be done. I never said could or would be done, rather possible avenues to travel regarding such. & well, we know where that went.

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2005, 06:19:33 PM »
IMO, the O'club is a game away from Aces High.  I mean some posters were starting *other* games around the O'club (like party poker). In my case ( and I speak for me only) it took some of my interest away from Aces High. Aces High is hard and requires work to play. The O'club just requires a lot of booze. After my melt down I started playing AH again. I forgot how fun it is, but it is still work to play. I think if you keep the o'club closed, some people might come back to AH.

Just my opinion derived from personal experience - ymmv

Offline spitfiremkv

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2005, 06:21:07 PM »
huh? what? it was the Aruba thread!
Now I feel rather ashamed of having participated in that, but at the same time glad I was "there" for an event with such far reaching ramifications...

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
O'club
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2005, 06:22:35 PM »
It is just my opinion, so don't take it too close.

I have been participating in several forums for years, and I would like to tell you that you can't change the people's nature. If somebody wants to tell something he will find the way to do that.

I can remind at least two very similar cases when topics like O'club were  closed. And it always ended with subjects from that topics went to other topics. If you want to have O'club subjects in the main discussion the closing of O'club is the best way to do that.

I understand why do you don't want to be responsible for all that crap which was published in O'club. One of the possible solution is to provide link from here  to another server with BBS where some kind of O'club will be hosted. You will not be responsible for anything, and guys will be able to exchange their opinions about the best of the world among the worlds.

IMHO, of course.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
O'club
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2005, 06:26:19 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
LePaul... could it be moved to your CheckSix site?

Pyro, please don't destroy it. If it can be archived, we'll find someone to take the data.

Thanks!

Unlikely, my system uses an Access database and will be upgrading to a SQL one soon.

Plus I dont want to step on any toes here.  Im sure once they figure out what they want to do with the O'Club, it will reappear in some new form.

Offline ASTAC

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2005, 06:33:32 PM »
Where will I get my daily dose of humor? Most of the opininons in there were so way out in left field, the authors had to be kidding.

Getting withdrawls already...hands shaking.........face twitching...oh Bog in heaven bring it baaaaaacckk!!!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 06:37:39 PM by ASTAC »
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
O'club
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2005, 06:39:50 PM »
LOL Sad part was I just downloaded AH yesterday, and flew in the MA last night- and now I have to cancel my account because the teasing and goading that used to be the O'Club are no longer allowed.

You guys are so wrong on this 1 it's unbelievable. I don't know if it's crank or paint huffing, but you Texicans need to get a fugging grip.

I'm at work now, I'll be home in an hour and you will get my cancellation via E-Mail. And I'm finished with you bunch of Texas dip chits, you're totally clueless and I'm tired of wasting my time with you guys.

Eat feces and die, idiots.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
O'club
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2005, 06:43:22 PM »
Dang, I just told my wife that the O-Club has been shut down and she’s already adding things to my Honey-Do list!

eskimo