Author Topic: O'club  (Read 10947 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2005, 06:46:25 PM »
Im a bit disappointed but not at all surprised.
Though I would have more expected it a couple months ago as I thought some of the antics then were worse then rather then now.

Lately I've found it more boring then inflaming LOL

I hope some sort of workaround can be reached because it did have its moments and I do occasionally enjoy a good debate/arguement

And I found the place even with all its BS went well with my morning cup of coffee. And it provided a nice distraction from the every day BS I get to deal with in RL.

I must say in my 20 years of communicating in this medium I have never found a place more pleasurable and infuriating (often in the same post) nor have had one I looked forward to visiting more for those specific reasons.

And like I said all in all it has/had its good points.
 We got to converse, debate share in the joys, laughter and sorrows and insights to the daily lives of people from all over the world.

And speaking of daily lives might as well post the warning I as going to post there here.

My son turned 17 today and officially got his drivers licence.

Stay off the road

:eek:
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
O'club
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2005, 06:46:59 PM »
Originally posted by Airhead
-snip-
I don't know if it's crank or paint huffing, but you Texicans need to get a fugging grip.

-snip-
you bunch of Texas dip chits, you're totally clueless and I'm tired of wasting my time with you guys.

Eat feces and die, idiots.

Quoted just in case anyone wants to know why such action was taken. This is the kind of childish drivel that does not belong on the offical website of any for profit business, a parltry $15/month does NOT entitle one to behave as such.

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2005, 06:49:36 PM »
Blame Aruba!!!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2005, 06:51:17 PM »
Originally posted by oboe

If it doesn't come back, to Laz, Toad, Nash, Gunslinger, Raider, Virgil Hilts, Steve, Wotan, and all others I've discussed things with on the board.    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and opinions.  Sorry for not mentioning those names who for the moment have slipped my mind- you know who you are, though.

CYA round.

Ditto. Can even add Airhead and that russian commie to the list
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
O'club
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2005, 06:52:31 PM »
Damn....now where do I go to post my threads over the joy of the Spurs kicking the Pistons ass?

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
O'club
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2005, 06:53:59 PM »
I'd love to keep it.  I'll miss it.  O'Club definitely had its own personality, thats for sure.  I think it provided a great outlet for that part of everyone that reaches out for contact with others, even if it did sometimes find more than expected.  Families have to have a serious side, and a lighter side, to be a healty dynamic.  What is a community but an extended family?  What is Aces High without a community?  I'm not quite so dramatic as our friend Airhead, but then isnt that part of what being a family or community is about?  Accepting even the nutjobs?  :)

Do as you like, I'm not going to quit or throw a hissy fit.  I would like to see a way that it could stay.

Thanks

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
O'club
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2005, 06:55:43 PM »
Thanks for the forum for all these years, and for putting up with all of our crap.  S! HTC!

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
O'club
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2005, 06:56:57 PM »
Invade Aruba!

sorry, could not resist.

Offline 1K3

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
O'club
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2005, 06:58:45 PM »
what do you guys miss about the o club?

for me:

1. spicy, hard substance topics
2. debating.
3. technical subjects - comparing products, military equipment, ect
4. trolling:D

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2005, 06:59:13 PM »
Originally posted by BTW
Aces High is hard and requires work to play. The O'club just requires a lot of booze.

You dont listen to range Vox very much do ya?

Few guys I catch regularly (whom will remain nameless) are usually so drunk I can smell the booze on their breaths through the computer LMAO
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
O'club
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2005, 07:03:20 PM »
My view:

There will always be "off topic" threads because people like to chat, kick back, BS and share things with people in their online community.

Lacking a dedicated outlet these threads will pop up in various forums regardless of HTC's warnings against it. And unless HTC quits the game business they wont hvae the time to police every forum for off topic threads.

If that starts to happend in any way people will get mad, annoyed nad a bad mood will break out. All of that is bad for business.

So basically if you keep the forums you will have to have to have an off topic forum.

Peronally I I would title this forum:  

"Irrelevant Ramblings"  

Give it a nice lawyer disclaimer:  

The opions expressesd herin are not those of HTC and are not supported by HTC -  enter at your own risk... etc...

And let it be, much less hassle that way becuse really everything said there is basically irrelevant - but somehow neccesary.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
O'club
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2005, 07:03:22 PM »
Originally posted by Edbert
Quoted just in case anyone wants to know why such action was taken. This is the kind of childish drivel that does not belong on the offical website of any for profit business, a parltry $15/month does NOT entitle one to behave as such.

Unbunch your panties. The sad fact is you couldn't handle the O'Club because of your fiminine persuasion so you left for the much more heavily moderated General Discussion long ago.

If you wish to site me as an example of anything than site me as an example of Manliness.  I can give, I can take and I can push and I can shove.

I'm a *****, I'm a lover I'm a Bulletin Board Mother Fugger.

Don't hate me for it.

Offline spitfiremkv

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
O'club
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2005, 07:05:52 PM »
I've seen this on other BBSs:
set up a "rep" button where you can rate approval or disproval for a user's post. that way, the *******s will weed themselves out.

Online Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
O'club
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2005, 07:07:55 PM »
Is there anyone here that DIDN'T see it coming?

Before anything is said, I accept all responsibility for what I said.
No doubt I'm guilty of several sins that helped bring about the end.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
O'club
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2005, 07:10:03 PM »
I certainly understand the decision, probably the right business move given the lack of agressive, real time moderation (not busting on skuzzy, you can't really do it and do other things or have weekends off, etc.). Should have happend a long time ago probably - again from a business perspective not personal one. How many potential foreign players never bothered to give AH a shot at the height of "France Sucks."

There are boards with an off topic section that forbid any politics/religion etc. discussions. Nice boards but... so what. Check 6 probably serves the purpose best for all involved. Frankly though, IMO only, a lesser evil than the inability to squelch range VOX or have a permasquelch option.

Been fun. My productivity will likely increase and may even fly a bit more (except I expect Check 6 to eat into it instead).

Charon
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 07:15:05 PM by Charon »