Author Topic: ..........  (Read 1174 times)

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« on: June 18, 2005, 08:41:25 PM »
Well 1st this dumb watermelon your thinking is making koth better isn't.

Ok 1st thing is the dumb 6k stuff im flying 5k I do immel then boom EVERY ONE YELLING .EF .EF .EF.

2nd is the dumb 30sec rule used to be 60 I think it should be 60 again.

Maybe a guy has major e on u for coarse u want e too so he hit deck get e now u get few sec that's not chit.

I say wait I took a 30sec phone call I come back flights closed then after they say fight on flights open.

We need BigMax back...

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 09:16:11 PM »
skychimp,

email me your frac3.res file ( it is located in the terrains folder ) ASAP please if you get this .

tequilachaser(at)flyaceshigh.com
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 10:29:01 PM »
thanks Skychimp, worked perfectly!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Re: ..........
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 12:05:19 AM »
Originally posted by SkyChimp
Well 1st this dumb watermelon your thinking is making koth better isn't.

Ok 1st thing is the dumb 6k stuff im flying 5k I do immel then boom EVERY ONE YELLING .EF .EF .EF.

2nd is the dumb 30sec rule used to be 60 I think it should be 60 again.

Maybe a guy has major e on u for coarse u want e too so he hit deck get e now u get few sec that's not chit.

I say wait I took a 30sec phone call I come back flights closed then after they say fight on flights open.

We need BigMax back...

thanks for bringing this to the bbs.

couple things.

1. It was BigMax's idea to go 6k.   Fuzeman and myself have not quite "taken over" for him yet.  BigMax implemented the new alt last month.  I'm sorry you do not like it.  It was discussed already, and most seemed to think it's better at 6k.  If you are doing an immelman at 5k, you should prob. rethink you tactics, as you will break the alt cap.  

2. take a plane up in the ma, and then count out thirty seconds.  It is a loooong time.  You can cover alot of ground in 30 seconds.  KOTH is about fighting, and thirty seconds is plenty of time to extend, get position, dive away, what ever you want.  When it was 60seconds, it was almost too long.  It fostered the idea that one could extend, and extend, and extend, draging the people chasing them into other fights, and thus avoid the fight.  With thirty seconds, you have plenty of time to get E up, and get back into the fight.  30 seconds is a good blend.  I noticed that not once tonight, was anybody accused of running.  

3. fuzeman opened flight just for you.  you were told you could take off.  I'm sorry you decided to log instead.  BUT you were given the chance to up, and you decided against it.  

BigMax, fuzeman and myself are in communication about any/every rule change made.  Some where his idea.  He WAS supposed to be there tonight, but his video card and cable modem were fried in an electrical storm.  I WAS in communication with him on the phone during the koth.  

All in all, the koth tonight went well, with few issues.  Was good fights and flying by all.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 12:08:33 AM »
Really i herd two people bring it up becuase they were low and slow and died so no more alt moneys eh o well im not going back.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 12:11:41 PM »
What we need is for the person who has the most kills to be the round winner(with +1 bonus for being last)

Prolly double the # showing up if ya did it that way.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 08:53:14 PM »
SC & Beef,
As Lute said, the three of us have been in agreement on these rules changes.  I am officially done with CMing for the foreseeable future, and Lute & Fuze have graciously VOLUNTEERED to take the lead so that the event will go on...  I will post another message explainging why I have to leave CMing.

Anyway,
Both these guys have great ideas to hopefully make KoTH better for everyone...  If a rule change makes it worse in your opinion, the voice your opinion here.  We, your KoTH CM Team, host this event for ALL AH player to come, have fun, and compete in an equal environment...  Although you disagree with a couple of the new changes, you have to admit that it affects all players the same, and there is logic to why we decided to try it a little differently...  Don't quit flying KoTH.

If your opinion is shared by the majority, I'm sure Fuze/Lute will rethink their positions...

Beef,
Counting kills is an interesting idea, but would take about 10 minutes extra per round to do...  It has been discussed but we feel that the flow of KoTH is more important...  Doing it the way we do it now has taken 5 hours and 15 rounds before...  counting kills per round would add about 1.5 hours to that total... :(

Lastly,
I'd just like to remind you guys that is the players' event...  Post your ideas here, they will be taken into consideration and responded too...

I hope you both will continue to fly KoTH.

~S~
BM

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 10:25:17 PM »
Im guessin thats why koth is geting smaller and smaller

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 10:51:26 PM »

Actually, it being Summer Time is why the KOTH seems to have less #s, as fall comes around upon us, you will see more players coming back to AH and the KOTH events.

as I stated in another thread, BigMax it is on like donkey Kong, Dude! :D

btw, BM, can not thank you enough or show you the appreciation you deserve , also to Gremlin, Fuze and Lute for volunteering to host thiese events for the community.

I hope to be there tomorrow for E-KOTH. I haven't flown but once in the past 2 or 3 weeks so I should be another easy killable drone for everyone ;)

I just want to have fun!

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 04:54:18 AM »

This past Friday for EKOTH, we had close to twenty players, and it was one of the greatest King of the Hills I have had the pleasure to be involved in.

At the end of 17rounds, we had 5 two timers, and 7-8others with single wins.  HUUUUGE amount of fun.  I don't recall another KOTH in the past two years that had such a great mix of pilots and raw, pure action.

Sorry SkyChimp, you could not be more wrong.  Not only is King of the Hill thriving, it's getting better.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2005, 06:56:50 AM »
We usually have 30+ LOL

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 07:01:28 AM »
C'mon even pellik hates the alt LOL WTF MIN OF 5K WHEN ALT IS 6. YOU CAN'T DO watermelon BUT DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE.  You can't even do an immel. LOL

c'mon change it back.

But of coarse u wont because little me but what if I had other people. Would that help?

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2005, 08:15:31 AM »
We usually have 30+ LOL

KOTH euro usually has 8-12
— George Patton

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2005, 08:36:21 AM »
But of coarse u wont because little me but what if I had other people. Would that help?

for every person that has said they don't like the 6k cap, I have been told by 2-3 that they do.  

of course if many others side with you, and it is clear that most that fly the KOTH want the 8k back, fuzeman and I would probably change it back to 8k.

from what I have seen, most seem to prefer 6k, and we set the rules around what the community wants, while trying to balance it all for fairness.
— George Patton

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2005, 09:52:58 AM »
Just sayin im over it but most people that fly in koth never come heh LOL.