Author Topic: Who's the dweeb?  (Read 1077 times)

Offline sourkraut

• Copper Member
      • http://www.riverrunne.com
Who's the dweeb?
« on: December 12, 2000, 04:12:00 PM »
The guy in the panzer sitting on the spawn point or the guy who spawns there over and over?

Had some fun with this in last several days.
One spawner (ccrider) was good natured about it and even tried to con me.  

Another spawner at another time started to get a bit upset.

So who's the dweeb?

Sour
---------------------
"Hey - someone has to be the target...."

[This message has been edited by sourkraut (edited 12-12-2000).]

funked

Who's the dweeb?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2000, 04:16:00 PM »
Both dweebs.  

Offline Rickenbacker

• Zinc Member
Who's the dweeb?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2000, 04:22:00 PM »
Id' say both are dweebs, but if I'm the guy camping at the spawn point I don't feel half as stupid as if I'm the other guy  .

Moose11

Who's the dweeb?
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2000, 04:23:00 PM »
I've been in a situation where spawning gives me about 3 seconds to range and fire before getting hit. If I'm lucky, I lose a track quickly, making it much harder to get a kill. (check out my bombing sortie scores - got that E of V42) It's challenging, and a lot of fun to try and get revenge on the campers. I don't consider them to be dweebs, because they're protecting or assulting and I'm a threat. (plus, someone can just grab a b26 or spit and end them if they want to)

Last night, Regurge, newwguy, and I were all in the position of being right at a spawn point during a capture mission. Regurge had about 20kills, Newwguy upwards of 15, and I had 10... were we dweebs? I dont think so - just doing what we needed to do. As long as it isn't just to rack up kills, and has strategic value, it's not dweebish for either side. <S> to the guys who spawn, hoping for that one lucky shot.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Who's the dweeb?
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2000, 05:03:00 PM »
The dweeb is the person camping at a spawn point that complains about constant respawning... or the person respawning complaining about people camping at the spawn point.

The acts themselves don't make them dweebs.. their vocal response does.

AKDejaVu

Offline Regurge

• Nickel Member
Who's the dweeb?
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2000, 05:07:00 PM »
There was some serious carnage at v44 last night   I just wish the tank bodies would remain after the guy has exited, so u could watch them burn and use them for cover.

I had a couple mega-kill tank sorties last nite. In one of them i parked hull-down about 120yds from the forward spawn point. A few guys kept respawning and i kept killing them. Being alone, I couldnt very well roll past and head for the vh, cuz they would just nail me from behind.

One guy kept spawning an m3, and after a while i figured hmm lets see if i can kill him with the mg. Well, he got right up in my face and killed me. Poetic justice I suppose  

dweeby? probably

fun? u bet!

but even more fun is a good multi-tank canyon battle with CAS swooping around.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Who's the dweeb?
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2000, 07:35:00 PM »
 HTC, for creating a game where this is even possible

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Who's the dweeb?
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2000, 09:38:00 PM »
easymo... vulching is possible in any online sim i've flown.  In some its easier due to less field defences.  Panzer vulching, Osty vulching, Aircraft vulching, its all the same.

AKSKurj

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Who's the dweeb?
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2000, 08:24:00 AM »
Well. To be honest. The dweeb is the one who worried if this was dweebish.  

-Westy

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Who's the dweeb?
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2000, 10:01:00 AM »
Are we not all dweebs?

Is it not dweeby the things we all do?

"Never in the course of dweeby conflict have so many dweebs owed so much dweebery to so few dweebs"

We are in fact, every one of us.....dweebs.

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Pepino

Who's the dweeb?
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2000, 10:26:00 AM »
I'm guilty of dweebery, and dweeb behaviour. For I vent HO's I suffer and when my chute is killed in open channel, instead of using it just to have fun and give <S> to the ones that shoot me down, I am a dweeb.

I am sorry for that, and ask all of you for some comprehension as I know this will happen again.

<S> to all (and I mean ALL) the AH community. You are making my life a lot funnier.

Pepe

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Who's the dweeb?
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2000, 11:06:00 AM »
One statement from me:

FEED ME ![/i]

(Disclaimer: only a few will know what I am saying.  )

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Who's the dweeb?
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2000, 12:29:00 PM »
Sure Rip, but they know what you're talking about over and over and over again.  
Spawn point suppression is a perfectly valid way of defending or securing a field.  Those who complain about getting V-vulched are like  people who whine about jet noise after buying their house somewhere around the middle marker.  Those spawn-campers who complain about all those vehicles coming up in their crosshairs are simply insane and should be treated as such.  Those who think racking up 40 kills like that is a feat of skill are seriously deficient.  But much of this game is profiting from the other guy's stupidity, and you can't get much stupider than clicking to die 40 times in the hope of one kill.

And yes, we are all dweebs.

Speaking of which, I just discovered (or rather was told about) f5 in panzers last night.  Boy do I feel stupid.  That would have really helped in AK.

[This message has been edited by Dinger (edited 12-13-2000).]

Moose11

Who's the dweeb?
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2000, 01:21:00 PM »
You didnt know about F5? How do you think I did fire control in that first frame as an M16? :-) Glad to see you're back Dinger.

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
Who's the dweeb?
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2000, 04:07:00 PM »
Sounds like a new "game show"- SO WILL THE REAL DWEEB STAND UP.  I think someone is feeling guilty- either you keep in mind fair play or you don't.