Author Topic: Whistling death Frame 1 results  (Read 671 times)

Offline 68KO

• Gold Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com
Whistling death Frame 1 results
« on: June 26, 2005, 09:34:52 AM »
Guys what a high paced action in frame one there where planes every where. I hope everyone had fun .

The Japanese caught word that the Americans had there Pacific Fleet steaming towards Hederson field. They had launched a massive attack against the Americans to stop them at all cost.
They have neturalized 2 carriers , 2 Crusiers and 3 destroyers, but on the other had the Americans have got a foothold in capturing A37 to mount an attack against Henderson field.

Americans Points

Japanese Planes shot down
KI84 - 23 - 460pts
N1K2- 14 - 140pts
KI61 - 80 - 80pts
KI67 - 4 - 100pts
B5N2 -11 - 165 pts

TOTAL = 985 pts

Japanese Tartgets hit
A37 - 600pts
P31 - 500pts

TOTAL = 1100 pts

Protection points
Task force CV7 - 800pts ( Target never hit)
Task force CV24 - 800pts ( Target never hit)

TOTAL = 1600 pts

Also in the orders states that no 5" guns where to be used and the Set CM destroyed them and they reupped 15 mins later to find people shooting 5" gun. That was a violation of the rules and is handed a 500pts penatly.

PENATLY = - 500pts

The Americans have lost 2 cv's, 2 Crusiers and 3 destroyers for frame 2 but gained A37 as a land base to attack the Japanese at Henderson Field.

GRAND TOTAL = 3185 pts

Japanese Points

American Planes Shot down
F4U-D1 - 65 - 650pts
F6F - 16 - 160pts
P38 - 11 - 110pts
TBM - 9 - 135pts

TOTAL = 1055 pts

American Targets Hit
Task group 3 and Task Group 23
2 Carriers - 600pts
2 Crusiers - 400pts
3 Destroyers - 225pts

TOTAL = 1225 pts

Protection points
A whole American divison was wiped out of the sky before they reached the target.
V36 - 350pts

TOTAL = 350 pts

No PENATLY was issued to the Japanese although the rule is to attack all target in the first hour. I did not include this in the orders cause I thought they where in the main rules for being a CO in the FSO web site . After checking this it is not stated in the rules. There for the Japanese where not issued a penatly.

GRAND TOTAL = 2630 pts

Frame 1 goes to the Americans

Not attacking the 2 other CV's really hurt the Japanese even thou they out flew the americans. On the other hand the Americans knew this and pressed on to there targets with Japanese Air force right on there heels all the way in and hitting there target under extreme pressure.

to all I am sorry for and Disco's they seemed to be alot of them and we have no control over this. I hope every one had fun and Good luck on frame 2.
~Sue~ Mrs68KO!
My hubby (68KO) founded The 68th Lightning Lancers. :)

Offline WxMan

• Nickel Member
      • Arabian Knights
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 03:50:37 PM »
KO,

It was my understanding the Aircraft bases were worth 800 points.

Could you please explain the scoring for A37 and why no protection points were acredited to IJN, and why 37 was awarded to the allies.

A37 Damage from the web log:
2 of 2 BH dead 200pts
1 of 3 FH dead 100pts
radar                  25pts
troops                25pts
2 of 2 ammo       50pts
2 of 2 fuels         50pts
2 of 8 AA guns    50pts

By my calculation this is only 500 pts.

While badly damaged, A37 was not compeletly destroyed. Please correct me if I'm wrong as the only  total Base point damage given to me were for CV's.
AKWxMan
Arabian Knights

"The money you payed earns you nothing. You paid for many hours of entertainment you received, and nothing more." - HiTech

Offline forHIM

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 05:52:07 PM »
KO:  From the logs at  webtreatz, the 332nd shot down 11 ki-67s.  You only scored 4?  Were you counting complete sets killed?

cut and pasted from the log

23:44:01 ------ Shot Down A Ki-67 Piloted By DmdWind.
23:45:45 ------ Shot Down A Ki-67 Piloted By DmdWind.
23:41:03 ------ Shot Down A Ki-67 Piloted By JJ169th.
23:42:14 ------ Shot Down A Ki-67 Piloted By JJ169th.
23:36:17 ------ Shot Down A Ki-67 Piloted By Devi33rd.
23:40:12 ------ Shot Down A Ki-67 Piloted By Devi33rd.
23:42:23 ------ Shot Down A Ki-67 Piloted By DmdGordo.
23:40:16 ------ Shot Down A Ki-67 Piloted By zippy.
23:40:28 ------ Shot Down A Ki-67 Piloted By JJ169th.
23:42:51 ------ Shot Down A Ki-67 Piloted By zippy.
23:42:37 ------ Shot Down A Ki-67 Piloted By zippy.

Just noticed -- maybe it was 11 ki-67s and 4 b5ns?

Offline 68KO

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 06:56:56 PM »
ForHim here you go look here
http://www.innomi.com/ahkillstats/log.php

All FH where hit and regenerated with in 15 mins
~Sue~ Mrs68KO!

Offline WxMan

• Nickel Member
      • Arabian Knights
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 05:05:11 AM »
I'm not disputing that the FH's regenerated.

I determined the damage to A37 from the display log for the frame.  http://www.webtreatz.com/tod/lognew.html
Counting the objects destroyed for A37 yielded the above results.

Also could you tell me the total point value of A37 and also P31.

Thanks

Wx
AKWxMan
Arabian Knights

"The money you payed earns you nothing. You paid for many hours of entertainment you received, and nothing more." - HiTech

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Whistling death Frame 1 results
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 11:32:22 AM »
Originally posted by 68KO

No PENATLY was issued to the Japanese although the rule is to attack all target in the first hour. I did not include this in the orders cause I thought they where in the main rules for being a CO in the FSO web site . After checking this it is not stated in the rules. There for the Japanese where not issued a penatly.

I think this rule should be waved in events where the bombers are on an anti-shipping role. Reason being its much different than hitting a land based hard target as you really sorta don't know exactly where a task group is or what its course is at frame start like you know where a field or strat facility is. It extra takes time to scout out the location of these. I know I was bomber lead on a similar mission last FSO and it took us a while to find the Japanese TF even tho it was only a 4 sector search area. It just happened to be in the last area we looked. I know we didn't hit that one in the first hour.

Just sayin'

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 68KO

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 04:49:42 PM »
The positions of the CV's where givin the Axis CO
~Sue~ Mrs68KO!

Offline 68KO

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 04:53:37 PM »
Revised Scoreing for frame 1
The Japanese caught word that the Americans had there Pacific Fleet steaming towards Henderson field. They had launched a massive attack against the Americans to stop them at all cost.
They have neutralized 2 carriers, 2 Cruisers and 3 destroyers, but on the other had the Americans have got a foothold in capturing A37 to mount an attack against Henderson field.

Americans Points

Japanese Planes shot down
KI84 - 13 - 130pts
N1K2- 10 - 100pts
KI61 - 8 -    80pts
KI67 - 12 – 240pts
B5N2 -4 -     60 pts

TOTAL = 610 pts

Japanese Targets hit
A37 - 500pts
P31 - 375pts

TOTAL = 875 pts

Protection points
Task force CV3- 75pts (1 destroyer not hit)
Taskforce CV23 300 (4 destroyers not hit)
Task force CV7 - 800pts ( Target never hit)
Task force CV24 - 800pts ( Target never hit)

TOTAL = 1975 pts

Also in the orders states that no 5" guns where to be used and the Set CM destroyed them and they reupped 15 mins later to find people shooting 5" gun. That was a violation of the rules and is handed a 500pts penalty.

PENATLY = - 500pts

The Americans have lost 2 cv's, 2 Cruisers and 3 destroyers for frame 2 but gained A37 as a land base to attack the Japanese at Henderson Field.

GRAND TOTAL = 2960 pts

Japanese Points

American Planes Shot down
F4U-D1 - 33 - 330pts
F6F - 11 - 110pts
P38 - 10 - 150pts
TBM - 9 -  135pts

TOTAL = 725 pts

American Targets Hit
Task group 3 and Task Group 23
2 Carriers - 600pts
2 Cruisers - 400pts
3 Destroyers - 225pts

TOTAL = 1225 pts

Protection points
A whole American division was wiped out of the sky before they reached the target.
V36 - 350pts
A37 – 300 pts
P31 -  0

TOTAL = 650

No PENATLY was issued to the Japanese although the rule is to attack all target in the first hour. I did not include this in the orders because I thought they where in the main rules for being a CO in the FSO web site. After checking this it is not stated in the rules. There for the Japanese where not issued a penalty.

JAPANESE GRAND TOTAL = 2600 pts
AMERICAN GRAND TOTAL = 2960 pts

Frame 1 goes to the Americans

Sorry for any confusion.

Also even though the next weeks event falls on the friday before the Holiday we are pushing on with the Show.
~Sue~ Mrs68KO!

Offline WxMan

• Nickel Member
      • Arabian Knights
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 04:55:23 AM »
Originally posted by 68KO
The positions of the CV's where givin the Axis CO

This is not entirely accurate. We were given areas to search, 2 of them were 2,500 square mile areas and the third was 10,000 square miles.  No exact position was given, the IJN had to search to find the CV's.
AKWxMan
Arabian Knights

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 11:13:34 AM »
Originally posted by WxMan
This is not entirely accurate. We were given areas to search, 2 of them were 2,500 square mile areas and the third was 10,000 square miles.  No exact position was given, the IJN had to search to find the CV's.

My point exactly. If you're lucky to get eyeballs on the task group early its not an issue. If not, you're fumbling around looking for the target you're supposed to be hitting the first hour. Not your fault maybe, just that the other guy did a good job of hiding his fleet or was just lucky.

And I'm not saying one side SHOULD get an exact position on the other's fleets, that'd be stupid and remove a useful strategy element to the event. I don't have a problem with looking around either--its kinda realistic IMO, just shouldn't have a time limit on the anti-shipping missions is all.

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 02:55:41 PM »
I don't have a problem with looking around either--its kinda realistic IMO, just shouldn't have a time limit on the anti-shipping missions is all.
That is a good point. One I don't think was ever brought up before.  

It is pretty standard for the task groups to be placed in a 4 sector area. The enemy then has to find them in those 4 sectors, (or 2 task groups placed in 6 sectors). I think it is rare an enemy fleet is not found and attacked in the first hour.

If a side heads out and looks with a few scouts in a 4 sector area they will find the fleets in pretty reasonable amount of time.  Certainly within 40 minutes IMHO. Then if the strike airgroup is within a two or three sectors they should be on target within 20 minutes or so.  They can't sit in the tower because the fields would be closed. If they were smart they would be in the general area of the task group they were looking for.

Good post Drano. Something for the Admin CM to take into consideration. when looking at time at target.

Maybe we should make it 3 sectors instead of 4. Thinking out loud here. :)
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 03:54:36 PM »
Right but I wouldn't even reduce the area. That's just makin it too simple. I'll use the example of the last FSO where the Damned flew B-26's against shipping.

I had bomber lead. I know the NME task force is somewhere in a 4 sector area. I'm coming from one of our few active bases. I'm apt to sneak around a little bit on bomber missions anyway so just bulling right in from the anticipated direction just isn't my style. I'm skirting the box area sending in a fighter or two to look around. I'm trying to determine not only the location of the NME fleet but also its direction and also strength of the CAP and its disposition so that I can make a bomb run from the safest quadrant of the area. Idea being to at least make it to the target. I can't hit a ship to save my life anyway but I gotta be there to do it.

That night we took off and flew SW before turning due South putting us West of the NME task force area. I'm sending in a fighter now and then to find the TF but they don't find it for quite a long time. Was prolly past T+60 easy. The TF was actually in the far NE corner of the box and didn't get found until we were off the SW corner. So it took us a while to get over there anyway.

So I prolly could have been more methodical in sending scouts in and found the TF earlier but I didn't want to give away my position(we did get spotted by scouts on our south leg anyway). Was just a strategical thing. We took our lumps but did get a cruiser out of the deal. Those of us that lived did RTB with plenty of time left but not nearly enough for a 2nd strike.

On a mission like that chances are you wouldn't be able to get out to alt, find the TF, hit it, RTB, re-arm and repeat inside a 2 hour timeframe anyway--unless you found the fleet right off. Ya with me?

I'd be against dumbing it down. While some guys don't like the bomber missions, I do. Even as a fighter guy I like the change of pace--I do prefer the targets that don't move around so danged much tho! I dont' know how guys like 999000 do it. : )

Drano
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 04:46:10 PM »
I have to go along with Drano and suggest not to reduce the area of operation for the Task Force. Finding the NME fleet is part of the reality factor.
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers