Author Topic: How does this happen..  (Read 977 times)

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
How does this happen..
« on: June 29, 2005, 07:10:27 PM »
Tonight I'm in a spit 9 fighting a bishop p38 and yak. The p38 is gaining so I have to reverse. On the merge we come close to head on and the p38 loses its tail and I lose an elevator. On the second pass I see the 38 going down, so I start trying to evade the yak. I get the feeling the way the yak is chasing me into a very hostile environment (for him), he's trying to kill me before the 38 floats down from 9k. I evade him again - still no kill message. Finally I get one of those miraculous 250 mph ditches and exit to tower. When I played the film back, I look at it from the 38 point of view. It just disappears. Did he disconnect to keep me from getting the kill?

This aint a whine - I'm just curious.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 07:44:29 PM »
That sounds about right.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 09:24:34 AM »
Seeing you have it on film.... who was it?
Also, did the icon disappear at the usual 6k range or well within it?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
How does this happen..
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 01:57:51 PM »
u know it could have been me... last night about 10:00 central I was b&zing in a P38J and got into it with a spit 9, on the merge I went nose low and the spit went high, then when I pulled nose up to immel over I guess he went down and we collided, right when we collided I got discoed, it has been happening allot to me about every 45 minutes, I apologized on channel 200 as soon as I got back on about 5 minutes later, and nobody said anything... Again if it was me I apologize, I don't do that kinda thing. Ever since I switched to net zero from At&t I have been having problems, about every 45 minutes to an hour I just lose connection... Once again if it was me I apologize I know its annoying, but imagine how annoying it is to me when I have 8 kills and am about to touchdown for landing and it happens lol.. I gotta get it fixed

Offline pellik

• Nickel Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 02:00:35 PM »
Supprisingly one or two of the semi-decent 38 sticks in the MA have been doing this crap a bit lately. I've had to wait on kills against em a few times in the last few weeks. Alt-f4 delays the kill message, but you still get it if you wait it out. Even if you get shot down you should still be awarded the kill. Persistant use of alt-f4 corrupts the textures in the game, if they do this crap enough they will break their install of AH.

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 02:20:42 PM »
I have also had to wait on kills before especially buffs, I hate it when they do it... but like I said if that was me, it wasn't my fault... I loose connection about every 45 minutes, gotta be something in my internet settings that is messing it up and causing it to disco me every 45 minutes

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 03:00:15 PM »
Originally posted by Iceman24
I loose connection about every 45 minutes, gotta be something in my internet settings that is messing it up and causing it to disco me every 45 minutes

That's gotta be a program running in the background that's checking something every 45 minutes. You need live update and all that other crap turned to manual or off, turn off everything in your system tray.
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 03:13:37 PM »
I have every auto update turned off, and only about 4 programs running at all, It must be something with my net zero account that boots me if I appear to be idle for a while, there must be some default logoff time control, i just cant find it !!

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 04:25:45 PM »
Spyware?  Real time virus protection?
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 04:51:39 PM »
I usually crash before I record a kill so it's all good. Alt F-4 to your little hearts content.  One day I will land a kill and I will be made a hero in all the land (my house)!

My wife always asks "How come you never have your name in the little bar on you little game?"  And this one, " How come your plane always has only one wing and is making those funny circles poined to the ground?"

Yes honey, I know.....I suck....
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 04:55:05 PM »
Posting again so I have two posts. One is so lonely.
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 05:47:58 PM »
Originally posted by Iceman24
It must be something with my net zero account that boots me if I appear to be idle for a while, there must be some default logoff time control, i just cant find it !!

Ahh.. dial-up, that's probably controlled by your ISP, probably nothing you can do about it except whine to them.  It's an old trick to be able to have more customers than their T-1/T-3 can handle.  They just boot you after a certain time and someone else can log on while you're gone.  Do you sometimes get busy signals through your modem?
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 10:51:13 PM »
I apologize to you Iceman24. I know you don't play that way, and I shouldn't have posted this. I'd have retracted sooner, but have been without power for about 48 hours due to Cindy (a storm not a girl).

Again- sorry. Connects have been less than stellar lately.

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2005, 10:36:58 AM »
BTW, I never took it that way buddy we cool... Just explaining what happened... yes I am using dial up, I was using At&t and everything was cool, but they started charging if you went over 40 hours so I switched to AOL which is HORRIBBLE, so I went to net zero and I never have any problems dialing in or anything like that.. If I am on the internet say playing chess or something like that I never get discod, I can play stuff like that all night... What I did last night was every 30 minutes I would alt tab and go bring up a webpage, to show some activity, and I never got booted.... Theres some type of time limit that must be setup if you apear idle for awhile it discos you... I have sent them many emails about it and they haven't replied yet... oh well its not that big a deal to alt tab every 30 min or so and bring up a page... so its a quick fix but at least its a fix lol ... THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT FELLAS

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2005, 10:39:04 AM »
oh and no I never get a busy signal or have any dial up problems sorry for not including that in prev. post ..... THANKS GUYS