Author Topic: How does this happen..  (Read 976 times)

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2005, 11:21:18 AM »
Iceman, are you u sing the pay or free version of NetZero? The free one wil lalways want to pop up something on regular intervals.

I think the pay one has this turned off.

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
How does this happen..
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2005, 11:49:39 AM »
no im using the $14 a month version, comes with a web accelerator but i turned all of that off... nuthing pops up or anything, it just says host connection lost, and then it autologs me back on to netzero... i even tried turning that off and it still boots me about every 45min to an hr, but as long as i switch over every 30min or so and click on a webpage, show a lil activity, it keeps me connected:confused:

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2005, 11:55:35 AM »
Originally posted by pellik
Persistant use of alt-f4 corrupts the textures in the game, if they do this crap enough they will break their install of AH.

Is that true? I've been using alt-f4 a lot from the tower because it's faster than doing it right... :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2005, 12:05:28 PM »
Originally posted by Iceman24
Theres some type of time limit that must be setup if you apear idle for awhile it discos you...

Just something you could try instead of ALT-TABing... I wonder if one of those little ping programs running in the background and set to ping them every half hour would save you the trouble (?)
Just an idea, good luck with it Iceman, cya up :)
George "Alky®" Fisher

Offline Iceman24

• Nickel Member
      • http://479th.jasminemarie.com/
How does this happen..
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2005, 12:11:37 PM »
thats not a bad idea, something like a sports score updater or weather updater... something like that would work good I bet.... GREAT IDEA THANKS

Offline pellik

• Nickel Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2005, 02:08:24 PM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
Is that true? I've been using alt-f4 a lot from the tower because it's faster than doing it right... :D

It's no joke.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2005, 06:11:01 PM »
Originally posted by Iceman24
thats not a bad idea, something like a sports score updater or weather updater... something like that would work good I bet.... GREAT IDEA THANKS

Personally I'd use pingplotter. You want as little data coming thru as possible and I assume a ping is fairly short-n-sweet.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
How does this happen..
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2005, 12:51:12 AM »
Originally posted by OOZ662

I 2 will alt/f4 sometimes instead of hitting quit due to speed.  So that just might explain why i'm seeing "black burnt out" looking trees sometimes now when they in shadow (say from a mountain)

hmm....  might be AH reinstall time....
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit