Author Topic: PLEASE READ - What worries me most....  (Read 508 times)

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
PLEASE READ - What worries me most....
« on: September 14, 2001, 05:01:00 PM »
When you see these pictures of people cheering that the USA has been hit by terrorists the scary thing is that they honestly think that the western civilised world is evil!  Yes, they are taught, receive broadcasts and other propaganda to say that they are the civilised ones and we are the evil ones.

Although confronting the terrorists might be the easier option, the even harder option is re-educating these people what the truth is really about.  No matter what we do we will always been seen as bad/evil... and therefore as long as that exists there will always be the threat of terrorist, both present and in the future.

We need to think long term as well as the short term...

Regards

Nexx

[ 09-15-2001: Message edited by: Replicant ]
NEXX

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2001, 01:46:00 PM »
punt
NEXX

Offline Jammer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2001, 01:50:00 PM »
I agree Replicant. See my thread about the "real reasons behind the conflict".

We need to review the subject, and we need to aknowledge the fact that there are is conflict, and conflict does not appear out of thin air.

Offline Snoopi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2001, 11:39:00 PM »
That has been my main point in most my posts.

For example:
7 years ago a bunch of kids from Northern Ireland were sent to Canada by their parents for a short time.

They were paired up (1 protestant & 1 Catholic) and hosted by volunteer families.
When they 1st arrived they hated each other just because the other kid was the "enemy".

BUT.. after they got to know each other, they realized that what they had been taught was roadkill. In 99.9% of the cases the kids went home friends and with a resolve to help stop the "troubles".

DAMN.. Hey.. here's a thought....
if we could host all the kids from Northern Ireland for 1 year, the problem would near vanish in 1 generation.

Maybe it would work with Arab kids who think all Americans are evil.
Israeli and Palestinian children would be a good place to start.

It would be cheaper than sending $$$, which just seems to be used to increase the violence.

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2001, 10:32:00 AM »
Hi Nexx i was try to ask on "real reasons behind the conflict".
 but only few people noticed it. But those few noticed it.

There is nothink what we can do on this BBS, but speak.