Author Topic: Move On? Not Until It's Done  (Read 1016 times)

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
Move On? Not Until It's Done
« on: September 12, 2001, 01:25:00 PM »
Do we need to move on?  No!  We need to quietly hold on to our anger, we need to feed and nurture it so it will grow and fester inside of us and then when we learn out of what festering pisshole these people had arisen from and were supported by, we need to unleash what will become a white hot rage that will steel our resolve to turn that evil land into a lifeless glowing wasteland never again to give rise to the human scum that perpetrated this act.
Any questions?

CRASH

Offline Gtoraii

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
CRASH
 Read my post again, I think we should hold our anger to, and take our revenge, but in the mean time if we sit and revel in our anger and grief and do nothing else, allowing our society to stagnate we allow them to win. If we do not move on they win because they have changed us.

Like I said, anger is good, but we must keep our normal live going to.

Jon Tisor
GTO2

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2001, 01:56:00 PM »
We have to move forward. This is the real meaning of the moving on post. Not that we will forget or not take action, just the opposite. We will continue to function and NOT let these animals keep us down.

We will NOT be stopped or broken.

Mav

[ 09-12-2001: Message edited by: Maverick ]
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2001, 03:07:00 PM »
What Mav said, and in addition, I'd like to use a good quote:
"Revenge is like a good wine, you wait until the right time to pop the cork..."

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2001, 03:11:00 PM »
moving on is not forgetting...  we won't ever forget and we won't ever give up bringing justice to each and every one responsible, as well as those that shield them from justice.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline ispar

• Nickel Member
      • http://None :-)
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2001, 06:27:00 PM »
*shudder*
Sorry, that's one of the most disturbing things I've ever heard anyone say...

Originally posted by CRASH:
Do we need to move on?  No!  We need to quietly hold on to our anger, we need to feed and nurture it so it will grow and fester inside of us and then when we learn out of what festering pisshole these people had arisen from and were supported by, we need to unleash what will become a white hot rage that will steel our resolve to turn that evil land into a lifeless glowing wasteland never again to give rise to the human scum that perpetrated this act.
Any questions?

CRASH

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2001, 06:35:00 PM »
lol - a little "wrath of khan-y" but well said.  :)

they said today to prepare for civilian casualties overseas. i haven't heard any objections and don't expect to - even here.

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2001, 09:11:00 PM »
I agree, it's the most disturbing thing I've ever said.  I've been in uniform, either full or part time for 20 years, I'm well educated and fully understand the political reasoning behind these acts.  I was on active duty when the marine barracks in beruit was hit.  I've had friends come back with purple hearts.  As a matter of fact, I've had friends or associates in almost every major conflict in the last 20 years and gladly, I was spared all of them. In all of those years I've never been as angry at the "enemy" as I am today.  
     I worked on Wall Street for 4 years and for 4 years I took the path into the world trade center, walked through the mall at the bottom with all of my peers and walked the rest of the way to Wall St.  In my view, it's the best part of New York.  You should see it at Christmas, all lit up like something out of an old movie.  
     Everyone here knows someone who's missing or has family missing.  The people who did this are not revolutionaries or freedom fighters, they are not trying to eject a foriegn invader from their land. They are simply hatefull and evil and their leaders know full well that any act of terror on our soil is not likely to change American foriegn policy, and is far more likely to harden our resolve as it's done to the societies of many other countries in the past, yet they did it anyway. This action reminds me of the way Hitler behaved, the decisions he made were generally of poor military value yet they were almost the best decisions possible if your goal was simply to increase human suffering to the fullest extent possible, and they were executed without regard for the people of his own nation. Bin Laden, or whatever terrorist organization that did this, had support from Afganistan in the form of training facilities and weapons as well as support from other countries.  This after we gave assistance to the Taliban and Bin Laden ,I would imagine, in their fight to free their country from the Soviets. Afganistan and the Taliban supported this rabid dog with the full knowledge of what his intentions were.  It's time that he and anyone/country that supported him reap what has been sown.  
     There were 50,000 people who work in those buildings and its my understanding that the people on the floors above where the aircraft struck could not get down because the stairwells were blocked/destroyed. That information is from the phone calls of workers to their families.  Given that, we may be looking at something like 15000 dead as a conservative estimate. The mayor and federal officials have purposely not mentioned numbers because it's just so hard to accept and of course they dont want to aggravate what is already a population that is very near rage. Disturbing?  You bet.  But what's even more disturbing is that someday these animals will gain access to weapons of mass destruction unless we stop them and the countries that support them.  Our military and intelligence communities have been warning us for decades about the proliferation of wmd and maybe this is what we need to get serious about it before we end up with a catastrophe of biblical proportions, although the sudden death of that many people would qualify.  Given this reasoning, my original statement stands as written as far as I'm concerned.  

CRASH

Originally posted by ispar:
*shudder*
Sorry, that's one of the most disturbing things I've ever heard anyone say...

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2001, 11:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by mrfish:
they said today to prepare for civilian casualties overseas. i haven't heard any objections and don't expect to - even here.

Doesn't that strike you all as a bit odd.  How are innocent people overseas from the USA any less innocent than those in the USA?   :(

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2001, 11:47:00 PM »
not odd mako - just ugly.

vengence is a powerful emotion and i am surprised it has quieted so many that would normally be objecting by now.

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2001, 11:55:00 PM »

vengence is a powerful emotion and i am surprised it has quieted so many that would normally be objecting by now.

I agree it is ugly.

I was thinking along the lines that everyone is calling the perpetrators of these acts barbarians and sub-human.  If we act without compassion, empathy, restraint and feeling for our fellow humans, what do we become?

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2001, 05:27:00 AM »

Mostly because anyone who would ask for perspective, or perhaps calm would be instantly attacked.

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2001, 01:31:00 PM »
Originally posted by -tronski-:

Mostly because anyone who would ask for perspective, or perhaps calm would be instantly attacked.

Tronsky

that explains some of it most definitely. however, even a lot of people who know better are just turning that part of their mind off and demanding vengence. i don't think i have ever seen anything make people so mad or unite ideologies - even if the morality of vengence is questionable. it's just an ugly moment no matter what.

Offline Randy MacDonald

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2001, 01:48:00 PM »
You can only kick the benevolent giant so many times before he picks up his foot and squashes you flat. I have seen military service both in peace time and in war.Noone wants to harm any innocent person or persons.But the sad fact is "and God forgive us"innocent people die in any military conflict.

XO:RRR
RafBader

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: Randy MacDonald ]

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2001, 02:04:00 PM »
Vengence is the Lords...thats what my bible says...and ultimately, I have complete faith that he will right all unrightousness.

What should our response be?

My flesh tells me to make whoever is responsible in whatever degree suffer...all of them. Totally and completely with such overwhelming, convincing brutality that those responsible and anyone else who might of had thoughts of perpetrating any similar act in the future would be so filled with fear that further terrorist action would simply never be an option again.

My spirit, sadly, tells me that whatever we choose to do will not make a lasting difference.

We must, however, protect our homes and families and interests. I hope that we defend ourselves in a wise and careful manner that produces results...the last thing we need is cheap talk, grandstanding and politics.

Hating these people will not help anything...we should simply deal with the problem and pray for a lasting solution.

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: Rude ]