Author Topic: Prom Night in UK  (Read 442 times)

Offline Defiance

• Nickel Member
Prom Night in UK
« on: September 15, 2001, 10:17:00 AM »
Hiya's,
Anyone that heard the american anthem at the changing of the guard in the UK will realise the scale of feeling here at the moment towards its ali America

Now the BBC as a mark of respect will for the first time ever change the theme namely the ending of Last Night Of The Proms
There will be an american theme throughout, And the traditional Rule Britania and flag waving will not be run
The BBC didn't want to put out a joyess feel when at this moment america and most of the free world mourn and are in shock

Not a real big prom night watcher but when i have seen some programme it did bring a patriotic feeling within me out by watching and hearing this ending

A great gesture again given the very sad happenings this week

And around the world the gestures just show how much america is thought of i feel

Def

Offline LtHans

• Nickel Member
Prom Night in UK
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2001, 11:06:00 PM »
Thats frontpage news here in the USA too.  It is very comforting to know we have help.  I've been feeling we have the entire mid-east against us all of a sudden, and the more support for the US...the better.

Yes, I also realise that the ENTIRE mid-east is not against the United States, but I feel after this week it will be alot worse, not better in the near future.

Hans.