Author Topic: Aiming the field gun or Osti ?  (Read 406 times)

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
Aiming the field gun or Osti ?
« on: July 09, 2005, 07:31:50 PM »
I wonder if someone could make up a short film of how to aim a field gun and Osti to get a kill.  I've tried all different ways and pretty just make noise. I see others logging 5 or 6 kills with them, I get an assist occasionally :(
I've seen posts that say aim way ahead of the target, I've done that with the above result. If someone could film it to show the aim and the kill it would be awesome, thanks!  :)
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 03:35:03 AM »
As much as I hate helping you learn how to do this...  :)

Do a search for a post that Zazen started entitled something along the lines of "An End of Vulching as a Viable Score-Padding Method" or something like that...  It'll tell you all you need to know.

I'd be nice and provide you with the link, but I'm not really sure how to do it for one, and I'm having serious moral problems with helping you in this matter in the first place :D :p
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 02:05:06 PM »
Forget the osti. The 5"ers is where all the 733T people hang!:aok
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline LivetoDie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 04:24:03 PM »
Firstly, do the search on- Aiming In Ostwind: An End to Vulching as a Viable Method of Score Padding
by Zazen13

Secondly, my Ostwind shooting tip is this:
1. Bring up your gunsight to full zoom
2. Place your mouse pointer tip in the center of the gunsight. Be careful not to move or bump your mouse as this will move the pointer.
3. Press the "page up" button on your keyboard to raise your line of sight for better visibility. Be aware if you move your view it will revert back to the default position(lower).
4. Shoot a few practice shots on a distant object to see where they land in relation to your pointer tip placement and make any little adjustments necessary to center your aim.
5. Keep in mind an Ostwind firing pattern in rather erratic and tends to have a spray pattern at best.
6. What you are really doing is simply placing your mouse pointer in the middle of your screen,the aiming point for ALL guns in AH2.
Some even put a piece of clear tape or something on the screen to mark this point.

This method has helped improve my kills with improved visibility to see incoming enemy. Of course you'll still have to practice leading your target which has many variables and just takes practice judging distance and speed of the bad guys.
One last thing Alky, you might think about posting in Help and Training on a question like this in the future. Hope this helps and good luck to you!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 04:26:23 PM by LivetoDie »

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 05:41:43 PM »
I zoom in my osti sight as far as it goes.   I then take a black magic marker and put a dot right on my computer screen where the osti pipper dot is.  Then page up all the way.    Now you can shoot with only the little black dot and get as many kills as u can.

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 07:30:36 PM »
Hahaha you cheaters ;)
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Pooface

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 07:43:24 PM »
i just do the alt f4 cheat which puts your gun into follow mode. it will move by itself, and every shot you make will land right in the enemy pilots face. select target with tab, and the gun will move to them just like the gun modes on the ships. have fun:)

Offline LivetoDie

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 08:47:55 PM »
Now we know why you're called pooface...you're full of it.