Author Topic: This crawls all over me, real bad  (Read 783 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
This crawls all over me, real bad
« on: September 15, 2001, 02:03:00 PM »
I am in the USAF, currently assigned in San Antonio to the Air Intelligence Agency. My boss is a Colonel select. He comes in to work this morning rather disturbed. Like all Field grade Officers he has attended the Air War College at Maxwell AFB. This school teaches many things, and officers from all over the world. Currently many nationalities send their officers there and the USAF trains them in many courses. He shows me his "class book" which has photos from everyone that attended his class. And right there in living color is a picture of Mohamed R. Atta, Colonel Egyptian AF. My boss and him actually took an elective coarse in Counter Terrorism together at the AWC. Can you believe it!? OK you ask who is this Mohamed guy... He is one of the terrorist that died in one of the hijacked AC on Sept 11.

In the Photo book, there were many nationalities represented by their officers.

Your Opinion?

[ 09-15-2001: Message edited by: -ammo- ]
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2001, 03:35:00 PM »
Holy crap.  Atta was not only on the plane that hit the north tower.  It is believed that he was the pilot.

I think US is going to completely rethink how to treat foreign nationals.  Immigration, education, employment are all going to change.  It's unfortunate for the innocent and honest people, but if it wasn't obvious already (Chinese espionage program) it's pretty clear now that there is a security problem.

[ 09-15-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2001, 03:36:00 PM »
oops

[ 09-15-2001: Message edited by: -ammo- ]
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Snoopi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2001, 10:51:00 PM »
Let's not forget that Bin Laden was funded by the U.S. when fighting against the U.S.S.R. in Afghanistan.

Just another in the list including Noriega & Kaddaffi etc.
You are right, time to re-think policy.

[ 09-15-2001: Message edited by: Snoopi ]

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2001, 11:48:00 PM »
I dont think Americans have a real feel for security. No doubt the result of growing up in a free society. However freedom is sweeeeet and going the other way would be a bad trade.

Offline SnakeEyes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2001, 01:35:00 PM »
Remember, it appears that identity theft is SOP for these guys.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2001, 01:58:00 PM »
i think it's time we take a hard look at our policies of training and funding any military group (nation or guerilla)
IMO if it's not important enough for us to get involved personaly we should stay out of conflicts.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2001, 06:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by Snoopi:
Let's not forget that Bin Laden was funded by the U.S. when fighting against the U.S.S.R. in Afghanistan.

Just another in the list including Noriega & Kaddaffi etc.

I agree 100%!

Before we help anyone with money or arms we should look deep into their eyes and judge the quality of their soul. We need to KNOW if these guys are going to turn out to be bad apples later.

I think a little check in with Miss Cleo is the way to go. She can check her crystal ball and taro cards on the guy or organization.

Once we get Miss Cleo's reading on whether or not the candidate is going to turn out to be good for human civilization or a step back... we can decide to fund or not.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2001, 11:01:00 AM »
What, nobody in favor of a Cabinet post for Miss Cleo? Department of Foreseeing Human Intentions or maybe Department of Soul Classification? Few billion in funding to cover the cost of a new crystal ball or two?

"Cleo, Cleo ! She's our Girl! Give her millions, let's give it a whirl!"
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!