Author Topic: WW2OL a whole new game for many... patch 111 released.  (Read 3851 times)

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
WW2OL a whole new game for many... patch 111 released.
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2001, 04:58:00 PM »
"im getting very good fps. i havent had the fps go below 20 fps yet, even in the biggest fights. this was at the "medium" graphics settings and 1024x768 32 bit"

Whats your rig (er, system)??

-Westy

[ 06-16-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2001, 06:45:00 PM »
i have a 1ghz athlon oc to 1.2 ghz with 512 megs of ram (just upgraded)

i got the cpu for 140 and the ram for 110 shipped so it was pretty damn cheap  :) i hadnt upgraded in a year (had an athlon 700 with 256 ram) and i hadnt realized how cheap ram had gotten!!]

with 256 megs of ram now costing under fifty dollars, ram really cant be considered a restriction imo. i mean cmon going out with your friends to a club you blow 50 bucks on rum and cokes alot quicker than it takes the ups man to deliver your ram.. and the ram doesnt give you a hangover  :)

i agree tho that they still need to bring the FPS up more. id say if they could systain 25 fps on my old system (700 mhz 256 ram) thatd be a good target. for me tho it doesnt matter much since im smooth where im at FPS wise, i just wish they would fix the damned clipping!

btw anyone wanna buy an old athlon 700 with heatsink, fan, 256 megs pc100, and a asus k7m? ill sell it cheap, and it will give you more 50-60 fpos in AH with a geforce  :)

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2001, 07:33:00 PM »
"i have a 1ghz athlon oc to 1.2 ghz with 512 megs of ram (just upgraded)"

CC. Twice the recommended system. I can see whay it would work better for you.

Thanks Zigrat

-Westy

[ 06-16-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2001, 08:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by Zigrat:
i mean cmon going out with your friends to a club you blow 50 bucks on rum and cokes alot quicker than it takes the ups man to deliver your ram.. and the ram doesnt give you a hangover   :)

Honestly, at this moment, I would go with the rum and  cokes, 2 sticks worth  :)

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2001, 08:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by StSanta:
Heh WWIIOL even at 100fps will still have a FM like FA.

Santa, short and simple: no.  :)

BTW, 20-25FPS in a close air combat over a battle zone with 1.11...In 1.10 over a combat zone the FPS never raised over 8FPS.
In my most RAM-ish style I got involved in a 1-vs-3 fight and I got out unharmed, during a sortie where I killed 4 enemy planes  :D.

Kieren, I tested WWIIOL with 256mb and 512MB of RAM. I know that most people will say that it is unnacceptable (while to an extent I agree). But with 512 is a completely different world.

Either that or you wait for a couple of patches more to come out. I know, I know. WWIIOL Is beta, and I agree. You know what?...I'd rather start with a Beta WWIIOL wich needs lot of work than have no WWIIOL at all.

So far I'm having bunch of fun  ;)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2001, 09:17:00 PM »
In my most RAM-ish style...

For a minute there, I thought you were going to say you accused them of cheating, threw a toejam-fit toddler tantrum, flamed up the BBS, and quit to go play some other new beta sim.

Glad to see you found a home.

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2001, 11:05:00 PM »
:D

In my most RAM-ish style I got involved in a 1-vs-3 fight and I got out unharmed,  

Yep Ram they seem to "lose sight" alot easier     :)

[ 06-16-2001: Message edited by: airspro ]

[ 06-16-2001: Message edited by: airspro ]
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2001, 11:10:00 PM »
Well, thanks Creamo... time to wipe down the monitor again.

;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2001, 11:19:00 PM »
It's sad that we've come to this:

I have a mid-range system (PIII 733, 256 MB SD133, GeForce 2GTS 32MB).
sand

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2001, 11:24:00 PM »
"Yep Ram they seem to "lose sight" alot easier"

YES! I love that so much!  I love the fact that there is no direct check six view! This is so realistic too in many WW2 birds, except the later bubble style canopies. It really adds a new tactical variable when your on the offense as well as on the defense.  There's new meaning to the word "check 6".  

Just two things in the fm that needs worked to make it believable.

- Loss of E in flat turns. No E loss except in hard turns.

- Stalls for 109e.  I cannot get it to stall at all.  The Spit however will start to roll when you pull too far back.

Looking forward to the Hurricane (OMG!)

fscott

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2001, 12:04:00 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM:
It's sad that we've come to this:

quote:
I have a mid-range system (PIII 733, 256 MB SD133, GeForce 2GTS 32MB).

Yep, I'm remembering how my brand new P200 with 2,4gig HD was the fastest PC on the block

;)

[ 06-17-2001: Message edited by: Staga ]

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2001, 12:29:00 AM »
Faster cpu's means the potential for bigger, better gaming.  Not always better, but definately bigger. The Bard's Tale was the best game ever, but I'm glad we've moved on.

You gotta stay at the forefront. I try to stay just on step behind, that's why I'm running 1533 mhz (<--gloat), but not 1.7ghz.

fscott

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2001, 03:34:00 AM »
Originally posted by Creamo:
For a minute there, I thought you were going to say you accused them of cheating, threw a toejam-fit toddler tantrum, flamed up the BBS, and quit to go play some other new beta sim.

Creamo, you are sad. Same about all those who have the restless need to bash people at the first chance possible   :)

BTW and now that I'm out for good. You smart stupid, I have hard proof (Wich was promptly emailed to HTC and was aknowledged by Pyro) about hacking in the MA wich included ways to get infinite ammo, hacking of the G-effects, change of weapons and arcs of fire,etc. I got 1st person films sent to me from people with hacked FM showing 109G10s online firing its 30mm in the MA for 3 minutes, I got another of a Chog with infinite Rockets,and another of a Chog with 8 hispanos, 4 firing forward...and 4 backwards. Does that sound familiar to certain typhoon we both know? <finger> to you, m8.

Uh, another reason I like WWIIOL and another reason I'm glad I'm there is that there is no Creamo nor Toad, either. And no #1 channel. And I hope it remains this way forever. One can only hope. (hehehe now I know Creamo WILL buy WWIIOL and will be there soon, just to make me unhappy. But mate if you want to talk to me you have to fly germans  :p   :))

[edit]HTC was not the only receiver of the proof of hack. Certain respected individuals of this community received one of the films I am talking about aswell.

You know what, I love when I'm right and I can bash your face with facts i've kept in silence for months while you smartguys were calling me from lier to stupid.  :) [/edit]

[ 06-17-2001: Message edited by: R4M ]

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2001, 05:12:00 AM »
Hiya Ram... I'm just curious with yer take on WWII's FM. I know you were an ardent critic on various things wrt to AH's FM, so it'd be interesting to get your perspective.

Are you:

a) satisfied with the FM?
b) Not satisfied but are enjoying it nonetheless?
c) Not satisfied, not enjoying it exactly, but can see the potential?

[ 06-17-2001: Message edited by: Nash ]

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2001, 05:23:00 AM »
Originally posted by Nash:

a) satisfied with the FM?
b) Not satisfied but are enjoying it nonetheless?
c) Not satisfied, not enjoying it exactly, but can see the potential?

[ 06-17-2001: Message edited by: Nash ]

the third. E-keeping is too good and rudder authority is lacking. There is no structural damage at high speeds, and no prop drag. Mostly the problem is a too good E-keeping wich makes overshooting a really serious problem.

Its fun nonetheless, and It will get better as time goes by and more patches come around. For a start is not as bad as people were claiming it to be (109s outturning spits------> absolutely false, at least not if they pull the same movements. But the 109 can turn inside a flat turning spit toying with the vertical)

I have lots of issues with WWIIOL FM, but its not FA. Its FAR from being it. And in any case the restricted views makes for a much more interesting game where good SA is a "work", and not spotting a billboard icon at 6km.