Author Topic: CRS bans outspoken critic...  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
CRS bans outspoken critic...
« on: June 19, 2001, 02:34:00 PM »
Reposted:

"This is the email I received from Tongue

I really am an even mannered person, and I feel I have more than tolerated more than enough of your grating personality. It's one thing to be a critic or a spirited debater, which is what I had hoped all you were, but more and more you just prove to be someone, that needs to try and bring the worst out in people.

It's fine to flame, criticize or say whatever you wish to demean this company, even tell bald faced lies, when you feel the time calls for it. What isn't fine is to make the intention of each and everyone of your posts, to completely upset our community. That's just not healthy to force people to keep being subjected to.

You even call yourself "Grandmaster Troll", well this forum was not made for Trolls.

It's fine to be that type of person for the rest of your life, but our forums are not for this type of person to run rampant in, so I have turned off your ability to post for the time being.

Isn't it too easy to be a Troll anyways, I can never fathom how people find that entertaining, one the oldest "truths" in the world, is that is extremely easy to screw with people, but far harder to get their respect.

If you want this ability given back, then you need to agree to accept reason in your activities on our forums, and become a real member of this community rather than someone that just gets enjoyment, from constantly picking at other people's scabs. There just not your scabs to pick at.

---
Zee Tongue
Playnet, Inc.

I responded with this

You just prove to be someone, that needs to try and bring the worst out in people."
- I have said time and time again, if you dont like my posts, you dont have to read them. Simple as that.

"It's fine to flame, criticize or say whatever you wish to demean this company, even tell bald faced lies, when you feel the time calls for it. What isn't fine is to make the intention of each and everyone of your posts, to completely upset our community. That's just not healthy to force people to keep being subjected to."
- Again, if people dont like my posts, nobody is forcing them to read them. My topics give clear indication as to what the post is about. I have never told a bold face lie about the company, even though I have been critical of it.

"You even call yourself "Grandmaster Troll", well this forum was not made for Trolls."
- The "Grandmaster Troll" thing is to poke fun at people who call me a troll. As far as I'm concerned, a troll is something from fantasy worlds that live under bridges.

It's fine to be that type of person for the rest of your life, but our forums are not for this type of person to run rampant in, so I have turned off your ability to post for the time being.
- That is your decision, but rest assured, I will be posting this email up in my defense on the SF forums with my reply.

Isn't it too easy to be a Troll anyways, I can never fathom how people find that entertaining, one the oldest "truths" in the world, is that is extremely easy to screw with people, but far harder to get their respect.
- I have no intention of screwing anybody. Just calling them as I see it. As far as I'm concerned, since I have purchased this game, it is my right to say whatever I feel about it as long it is not a bold faced lie

If you want this ability given back, then you need to agree to accept reason in your activities on our forums, and become a real member of this community rather than someone that just gets enjoyment, from constantly picking at other people's scabs. There just not your scabs to pick at.
- If you are asking me to make lie about your product and praise how great it is all the time. If that is what you mean. then sorry. I cant do that.

Tongue countered with this

That's fine and a fair statement, however due to the fact that 99% of the world is doomed to be followers, much the reason for AOL's success   :) ... It's far easier to ask the ONE person to not be such an aggregate, rather than ask the THOUSANDS not to be aggravated.

Makes sense to even you, I'd think.

---
Zee Tongue
Playnet, Inc.

So basically, he said because I am way too negative on these boards, I am banned. :P"

Right/wrong? Irrelevant since it is a private forum and not publically owned.

But I find it strange that they ban a person who has never used profanity, bigotry and has always made reasoned, if not always correct, posts about WW2OL - yet they fail to even recognise/comment/address the fact hat people with the handle 'jewkilla' are running around in their game world!

If I remember rightly, this guy called Blair correctly predicted that WW2OL was in a bit of shambles and was inevitably flamed for it.

[ 06-19-2001: Message edited by: Dowding ]
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2001, 02:43:00 PM »
Not sure of the content of your posts, but if indeed you were simply posting the pitfalls of the game, then clearly Tongue is out of line.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2001, 02:47:00 PM »
Obviously, I only posted what was written in the 'Off-Topic' forum of the WW2OL website.

This Blair guy might be lying, of course.

I just thought it was interesting.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
Oh, sorry, thought this was all referring to your posts!

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2001, 02:55:00 PM »
I kinda see CRS's point and in the same manner HTC's....

Once someone moves to the purely negative damaging mentality... regardless of vocabulary... their presence in the forums needs to be evaluated.

Of course.. how things became so extreme is another topic for debate.

AKDejaVu

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2001, 03:05:00 PM »
BTW... the thread Dowding is quoting from is located Here.

I think Katya (played AH?) said it pretty well.

AKDejaVu

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2001, 03:13:00 PM »
he's just protecting his own ... same as I think we'd all do when placed in the same situation. He's right about 99% of the world are followers, but I believe 90% of them choose to be as it is easier...

Eagler

[ 06-19-2001: Message edited by: Eagler ]
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2001, 03:20:00 PM »
...And Dowding copied that post here because... uhm... I dont really know  :D

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2001, 03:27:00 PM »
While I agree with most of the points that Blair has made. I also understand why CRS did him in.

Strangely they're not doing anything similar to the large group of rabid like, fanatical fans who are doing just as much, if not MORE damage, by badly flaming every poster that says anything resembling an unkind word or negative commen towards CRS or the WW2O program.
 It's an easy thing for someone to ignore a guy like Blair who's constantly crying wolf, while most folks are aware of the problem while standing in the wool remains, and yet another to let a pack of retarded hyenas run rampant and unchecked to chew up and drive off your frustrated customer base. They have valid frustrations to post about. When they ask or complain about somehting .... well, with the replies they do I don't blame many for saying ekk it and walking off for good. CRS has had an abysmal customer support operation going the last week and it's forcing people to find fixes in the web boards which are in complete anarchy right now.

Westy

[ 06-19-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline Spitboy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2001, 03:37:00 PM »
Once someone moves to the purely negative damaging mentality... regardless of vocabulary... their presence in the forums needs to be evaluated.

And that's pretty much what happened, without going into the gory details. Free speech has nothing to do with it; the issue really is accountability. CRS allows quite a bit of negative info to exist on their boards, actually, and addresses negative comments form time to time in a pretty reasonable manner.

The individual in question was and is a crusade of posting inaccurate/outdated negative information in every possible thread, on every board pertaining to the game. He is not new to this - he's been doing it for 6 months. He was the most vocal critic of the game pre-launch.

Cie la vie. If you hate it that much and feel it's your duty to inform consumers of the scourge that is WW2OL, make a web site. Take out an ad. Write a letter to the editor. Stand on the street corner with a placard. That's free speech. Spamming a private BBS over and over is just trolling.

I'd say the same thing about a person doing similar here, or on AGW.

Spitboy -SW-

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2001, 03:56:00 PM »
Staga - WW2OL seems to be the topic of the moment, in case you hadn't realised. I'm sure not everyone wades through the crap on that board. It was something that caught my eye, that's all.

I personally see it as an odd decision; there has been nothing but silence regarding certain players taking things 'a bit too far' and calling themselves 'jewkilla' - who would you consider to be most offensive, and more importantly, the most damaging to their enterprise?

Spitboy - the question is, was what he posted before release correct? From what I read on the old forum, it wasn't far off the mark. His comments were the only thing even close to an objective opinion on the game - that board was full of sychophantic rubbish topped with wishful thinking.

Once or twice he went over the top, and ended up ranting a little. Most of the time, however, he posted sensibly.

Offline Spitboy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2001, 04:04:00 PM »
Oh, you're right on the "jewkilla" stuff, dowding. I agree there. I have said my peace on this one to the Rats several times now. They are screwing up royally by not having the tools in place to police their game. They should stop darn near everything on the player services side until they get that straightened out.

I can excuse a lot in a rough release if I see the potential in a game, but this failing boggles my mind, because it would have been relatively easy to combat. A simple naughty word filter on handle and squadron creation would have gone a LONG way for a few hours work.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2001, 04:19:00 PM »
Well at least couple persons in AH have a nick which could also be seen quite offensive if you think that way...

Koba:
Iosef Vissarionovich Dzhugashvili who also was responsible for about 7 000 000 people death. Also known as Stalin.

Jihad:
Islamistic radical organization; Man slaughters, Assassins etc...

Now while were at it I propose HTC should ban these guys both from AH's UBB and from game.

Dam this was too easy...  :D   :p

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2001, 04:58:00 PM »
Jihad:
Islamistic radical organization; Man slaughters, Assassins etc...

Islamic Definition:

The spiritual struggle against evil. There are four ways to fulfill a jihad: by the heart, the tongue, the hand, and the sword. These refer to the inner, spiritual battle of the heart against vice, passion, and ignorance.

You got the ASSASSIN part right though.  ;)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2001, 05:05:00 PM »
Koba - Georgian 'Robin Hood' folk legend, pre-dating Stalin or Soviet Communism.

It's also the name of a French lingerie shop (thanks again, Straffo    :D).

And one of my tutors had Koba as a surname.

That was even easier, staga.     ;)

Care to tell me where 'jewkilla' comes from? And how can that be construed as anything other than the obvious? Thanks in advance.