Author Topic: My 9th kill and other pics.  (Read 2523 times)

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
My 9th kill and other pics.
« on: June 20, 2001, 12:29:00 AM »
The first pic is just general beauty.  

The second pic shows how detailed land battle can be.

The third pic is my 9th kill in one sortie. Notice how there is fire and smoke billowing out his rear.
 http://corn555.tripod.com/pic.html

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2001, 01:27:00 AM »
tripod sucks.

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2001, 01:33:00 AM »
S!

Looks You got some pretty good FPS there fscott.How is the game now after these new patches released?

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2001, 06:19:00 AM »
Whats with the grainy low res pix?

You can download Paintshop Pro demo for free, converting them to .jpeg and not have to reduce the quality of screenshots. I can get good ones at 1280X1024 to post at 71K.

I can see your enthusiasm to post WWIIOL stuff, but low res screens just make it look goofy. I can't even read the guages in the aircraft.

Good luck-

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2001, 06:50:00 AM »
mmmphh..  :D

yer evil.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2001, 09:21:00 AM »
Umm.. ahh... how to say this gently so no hearts are broken...

Creamo, that's what the gauges look like in the forward view.

If you want a more defined view, you hit keypad 0 and your head drops vertically to your navel and you stare directly at the instrument panel. You can read them then but you can ONLY see the panel.

Another keypad 0 and you pop your head back up to the top of the spine. This is called "realism".  ;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Jammer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2001, 09:30:00 AM »
You can argue all you want about periphal(SP?) vision and focusing, you can argue that having to switch view to get exact readings simulates the fact that you need to shift focal point of your eyes to read the instruments...

In AH you can keep your focus at the con and read the instruments perfectly fine without shifting focus...and they call that realism *LOL*

I guess you know this, but you blatantly disregard it, because it's fun to dis the 'other sim', maybe because you're a 'AH lemming'?

;)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2001, 09:35:00 AM »
How ironic that it's ok to "pop" your eyes down to your navel all for the sake of realism, yet you cannot look behind you.

Hehe, gotta love it!  :D

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2001, 09:48:00 AM »
Hey I just wanted to show some cool pics. Yeah they are garbled but I tried jpg then right.  Uhmm, it's much cleaner in the game.

banana, there is no check six in many planes, especially the 109.  Yeah you can look behind you, but all you see is the seat.  It's possible they may implement a check 6 so you can turn around and see the seat, if that's your thing.

Persaonlly, I wouldn't go back to a check-6 game.  I simply love the fact that people cannot just turn their head 180 degrees.  Yeah you can do it while sitting in your computer cahir, but have you ever been strapped in 109? I have. Small cockpit, you can HARDLY turn around 180 degrees. And when you do you see the seat.

Offline Jammer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2001, 09:48:00 AM »
Oh...but the Linda Blair head swivel (TM) isn't that realistic either.

There are different opinions on 'realism', a concept that is ridiculos in the context anyway.

Just because two sims take a different approach there's nothing that says that one is wrong, and the other is right.

Remember the everlasting pad-lock arguments (read: flame fests)? Gimme one arguments for, and I'll give you two against.

However, if a WWII vet says he could check his six, ok so be it. Could everyone check their six? Was it cumbersome? Did it require you to strap in a bit loose?

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2001, 09:50:00 AM »
Originally posted by Jammer:
In AH you can keep your focus at the con and read the instruments perfectly fine without shifting focus...and they call that realism *LOL*

Probably because in an airplane you can look at any instrument you want by simply shifting your eyes quickly, getting a reading and focusing your attention back in front of you.

You do know this is possible, don't you?
  :)
-SW

Offline Jammer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2001, 09:59:00 AM »
Yes but on a computer screen your eyes don't have to shift focus...they remain on the same focal point, while IRL going from close distance focusing to 'infinity' focusing take up to a full second...

You know that, don't you?

;)

Do a simple test...hold a book out low on arm lenght distance...focus your view on a distant object (>500m)...try to read the text in the book without shifing focus back to the book...let me know the result.

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: Jammer ]

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2001, 10:11:00 AM »
My point is, to view an instrument you have to shift your focal point (move your eyeballs) to view a single instrument for it to be worth any salt, then you go back to focus on the plane.

Now IRL, I've had no problems focusing on an instrument then focusing back on a companions plane. Eyeballs focus in a matter of milliseconds....

-SW

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2001, 10:14:00 AM »
from my experience in ww2, limited as it is, I don't think you need to look at the gauges as flying the planes in there is pretty simple. I really like the way you can kick in the aileron trim and scoot around in a turn like you are turning on a dime. Full speed in a 109 no less.  :)

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fscott

• Banned
  • Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2001, 10:28:00 AM »
I don't think it's prudent comparing WW2OL's fm to AH's fm and I assume that what's you are doing by stating "you can kick in the aileron trim and scoot around in a turn like you are turning on a dime."

FM debates can go on and on forever with no real winner.  It would be too easy to dish AH's numerous fm flaws, as in easy mode takeoffs just to name ONE, but wait..I don't wanna go there.  Because it's a pure waste of time.

Instead I like to focus on the combat environment.  For me, the better environment is what gets my vote as the better sim.  And this will be different for each person because we all like different variables in our environment.  I don't mind a few short-cuts in the fm as long as the combat is good.  That's why I enjoyed AH for 7 months straight.  But I think WW2OL has a great combat environment. It is the most fun I've ever had flying in a furball.