Author Topic: IL-2 Beta  (Read 2164 times)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
IL-2 Beta
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2001, 06:54:00 PM »
I'm not criticizing anything, IL2 looks great. Offline I'm sure it's gonna be a blast, that's what I look forward to (a good solid campaign for once... haven't had one of those since... AOTP!!)... but to assume that it will have an excellent MMP interface, well I can point at past examples that thought that too.
-SW

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
IL-2 Beta
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2001, 08:18:00 PM »
In addition to the Beta-news, two new videos was just put up on Sim-Arena's IL-2 page:
 http://il2.sim-arena.com/vids.html

:eek:

------------------
Ltn. Snefens
RO, Lentolaivue 34
My AH homepage

Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
IL-2 Beta
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2001, 01:26:00 AM »
S!

Listened via RW on some testing yesterday and must say from what I heard that IL-2 will kick competition and HARD!And not to forget the green face I had listening to all the praise when couldn't play it myself.September will relieve us from pain,demo is then released(latest info from BB Forum).

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
IL-2 Beta
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2001, 04:38:00 AM »
I hate you all!  :D

I second that!  ;)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Checksix

• Zinc Member
IL-2 Beta
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2001, 07:20:00 AM »
Originally posted by SWulfe:
but to assume that it will have an excellent MMP interface, well I can point at past examples that thought that too. -SW

past examples?

don't think these guys ever did anything else.

if ur talking bout wb or ah which are the only other past examples of true mmp, the 32 player vers is as good as any of them.

nothin stopping 200 player vers except a sever with badnwidth.  there's a secret in the files that tells a lot but it lets just wait and see.  ;)

sw... not sure why u and a few others here are always bashin on everybody and evrything with this contol freak stuff.  :(

sorry thats the rest of us aren't as smart as you or have any opinions of our own.  :D

maybe we shud all just shudup and let you post opinoins for all of us.  ;)

anyway... Il-2 is stable, fun, high fps, excellent fm's and generally a great game and nothin like the junk that u might be referring to.

if u and a lot of fans don;t want to here bout somethin new that might (note might) be better than ah, then i understand that but at least pretend to be a little objective.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
IL-2 Beta
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2001, 07:29:00 AM »
You obviously didn't bother to read anything I said... Offline I'm sure it will be great. I guess the 32player servers will be fun too (although that's a limited experience)..

However, 32player servers is a lot easier to code for and track than 100, 200, 300 or 400 people servers. Which is my point, it may work fine now, but you shouldn't speculate about something they currently don't even have working. (large player servers)

How does the 32player format work on 56Ks anyway?
-SW

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
IL-2 Beta
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2001, 07:46:00 AM »
How come the same couple of guys are so quick to criticize anything new besides AH?

Dunno.. could be that we are tired of seeing the same couple of guys come to the Aces High general forum and post about other sims and how great they are... er... will be.

past examples? don't think these guys ever did anything else.

LOL!  I'm quite sure he meant past beta releases in general.. you know.. the way he cited 2 different sims?  The way he could have cited another 10 just from the past 3 years?  Kinda boils down to "beta does not an mmp game make".

if ur talking bout wb or ah which are the only other past examples of true mmp, the 32 player vers is as good as any of them.

Don't you mean "will be as good...."  Kinda think that's the whole point.  Most are still waiting for the standard rhetoric from beta testors to actually be true.

nothin stopping 200 player vers except a sever with badnwidth.

Um.. how about client bandwidth?  If you're saying doing a 32 player game is no different than a 200 player game... wow... might as well stop there.

sw... not sure why u and a few others here are always bashin on everybody and evrything with this contol freak stuff.

1.  Who did he bash?
2.  Who did he tell what to do?

if u and a lot of fans don;t want to here bout somethin new that might (note might) be better than ah, then i understand that but at least pretend to be a little objective.

I love hearing about new stuff... but would apreciate it if it stayed in the O'CLUB.  It seems to be such an impossible concept for some to grasp... but this isn't the forum where this should be posted.

AKDejaVu

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
IL-2 Beta
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2001, 07:56:00 AM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu:

I love hearing about new stuff... but would apreciate it if it stayed in the O'CLUB.  It seems to be such an impossible concept for some to grasp... but this isn't the forum where this should be posted.
AKDejaVu

Also, they aren't supposed to be telling us much.. well really anything at all since they are under NDAs... so I'm not quite sure WHY they are posting anything here about IL2...

I mean it's nice that you all think it's such a great game already and that it has.. heh... potential to be the best thing on the market, but aren't you supposed to be.. uhm... you know... kinda... beta TESTING the software?

Or are you just playing to have fun and don't really care about actually finding bugs unless they happen to pop up inadvertantly while you are playing?

-SW

Offline Checksix

• Zinc Member
IL-2 Beta
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2001, 08:13:00 AM »
predictable  :(

always same bunch.

it does wear thin after a while.  :D

sorry for respnding to your thread cleaner.

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
IL-2 Beta
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2001, 08:15:00 AM »
Could it be that they are beta testing real hard and searching diligently for bugs and finding few?

Could it be that a beta looks more like a well done demo than a beta?

I wonder?

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
IL-2 Beta
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2001, 08:17:00 AM »
What's the matter? Distorting what someone says so it suits your mood and hiding behind a handle other than what you are commonly known as is easy... but when you get called out and are handed the truth you simply back away?

I'm sorry you even bother typing.
-SW

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
IL-2 Beta
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2001, 08:19:00 AM »
Originally posted by Sunchaser:
Could it be that they are beta testing real hard and searching diligently for bugs and finding few?

Could it be that a beta looks more like a well done demo than a beta?

I wonder?

I'm sure that's it Sunchaser. The only person that I'm directing my comments towards are that Checksix person.
-SW

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
IL-2 Beta
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2001, 09:20:00 AM »
Beta testing sucks, peroid.

Boy do I wish HTC would expand their airfields graphics to give them a feeling of size and large area.

They just don't have the massive feel a real airport does.

IL2 appears to have it nailed-

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: Creamo ]

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
IL-2 Beta
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2001, 09:24:00 AM »
I have a feeling it's another gameplay concession... I mean our "large" airfields are pretty big, but since everything is so clustered it appears to be very small.

BTW Creamo, did you notice something about those 109s?

Other than the fact they are gay LimpWristed LeatherWearing LispWaffle planes... One of them has a 3 and the other has a 4.. I read sometime back that each aircraft in formation has it's unqiue number (wonder about colors though)... that seems pretty cool to me.
-SW

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
IL-2 Beta
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2001, 09:25:00 AM »
Ah just 2 more to show the scope and size of the airfields. They pull it off nicley...

Oh, and I thought it was odd they have a baseball field diamond with all the bases on the tail...yes.

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: Creamo ]