Author Topic: The Stock Market Wants You!  (Read 558 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
The Stock Market Wants You!
« on: September 17, 2001, 08:44:00 AM »
Do the patriotic thing this week - BUY!

At the very least HOLD em, don't sell!

this is the first battle we are fighting, one we can all partake in directly..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2001, 08:50:00 AM »
While I agree with you in theory Eagler...

The people reading this forum should stay well clear of the stock market.  If you own stock, have faith and hold it.  If not... avoid it.

Right now is the time for the no-soul markateers to do their thing.  They've had almost a week to plan strategies.  Any private money that goes in will be sucked up by them.

I was really hoping the major investment backers would take a risk and show their support.  I know it was a bit too much to ask.

AKDejaVu

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2001, 12:59:00 PM »
Airlines and Insurance certainly took a hit. The consumer is probably feeling a bit shaky.

I still think the underlying US economy is pretty solid. Not to mention the amount of Government dollars that are about to be force fed into it.

I'm looking at the S&P Index funds and thinking this might be a good time to buy and hold a while. Not that long ago, it was dancing steadily in the 1100-1200 range. Today you can get in probably under 1050.

Just my thinking. It could get worse of course... but I rarely ever time it so that I buy at the "bottom" anyway. Guess it depends on whether or not you have the time to hold it and if you believe it will come back nicely before you need the money.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2001, 01:01:00 PM »
The day that Micheal Jackson opens the stock market, I fear for our economy...

Didn't that just happen today?
-SW

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2001, 01:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by SWulfe:
The day that Micheal Jackson opens the stock market, I fear for our economy...

Didn't that just happen today?
-SW

That was last week, might even of been Tuesday..

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2001, 05:05:00 PM »
Actually, it is a pretty good time to buy.  If you buy smart you could reap a nice profit in the next couple of years,....if you can afford to sit on the stock.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2001, 07:06:00 PM »
Yep
what Skuzzy said!
You do realize that was the goal of this attack..not to kill all of us, that's impossible. But they can kill our way/standard of living by throwing us into a depression ppl!
Time to stop yaking and grab em up America .. while we still can.