Author Topic: Rubber Bullets  (Read 3532 times)

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Rubber Bullets
« on: July 25, 2005, 09:56:47 AM »
I am aware that i will get a bunch of crap for this but they do exist!!! i have about 4 films where my spit 5 bullits are rubber. And i also had a bunch of sorties i didn't film with rubber bullets. Can this be fixed or should i just continue to be ticked off sortie after sortie?

Also what is with assists? Is it who does the most damage because i got films putting that in the trash as well. Don't want to be a troll just want answers. Thanks MegaDud :aok

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 10:07:32 AM »
My throttle was spiking and my hit % went from about 5% to less than 2% in a matter of a few days. I wasn't hitting anything. I fixed the throttle spikes and got my bullets back. Now one may have nothing to do with the other. But I'd check my controls to see if anything is spiking.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 10:52:53 AM »
Would love to see the film.

HiTech

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 10:54:14 AM »
If this were poker, Hitech would be telling you "I call".

Send him the films, show him your cards.  ;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 11:59:04 AM »
Can I play, because I raise 5.

I have a film of Traps (ki84) and I(spit9) fighting in fightertown.
I can't tell you how many times I pinged him (1.7% hit only fight I had a CT). I do know he leaked fuel from the begining of the fight till *I* ran out of gas and ammo. The fight lasted about 10 minutes. Wanna see my rubber bullets? I'll be glad to send it.

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 12:09:43 PM »
I have seen it as well, but the film wasn't rolling.  Anyone know if the hits still count as hits if they show up on your screen but the other guy never feels them?

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 12:20:48 PM »
Call it rumor, call it conjecture, but there has always been the belief that not having V-sync on caused at least the appearance if not the actuality of rubber bullets. Often people would leave V-sync off to attain the appearance of very high framerates to make them feel better about their rig. In reality it is much better to have V-sync on as those reported framerates with it off are illusory. Make sure your V-sync is ON.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 12:31:59 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
Call it rumor, call it conjecture, but there has always been the belief that not having V-sync on caused at least the appearance if not the actuality of rubber bullets. Often people would leave V-sync off to attain the appearance of very high framerates to make them feel better about their rig. In reality it is much better to have V-sync on as those reported framerates with it off are illusory. Make sure your V-sync is ON.

Zazen

And that may well be. If v-sync is off and your monitor refresh rate is say 80, frame rate higher than 80 will cause frames to be thrown away as a result of excess rendering. One of those frames may have been the one where your bullets hit the other plane.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 12:38:19 PM »
I thought 'rubber bullets' have to do with lag. Getting hits on your front end or he taking hits on his FE.

I have had so called rubber bullets (ie missing shots that i *know* should have hit -  even set up ones).

But ive also had the opposite lately (dont know if thats on film somewhere):
I shoot my 8 303s at an F4U from d150. No hit sprites whatsoever. Huh? How could i have missed that one? Strange. Suddely, maybe two seconds later he looses his tail. I get kill awarded (no previous damage to plane, no one cutting in). Maybe the he was hit only on his FE?

Im no comuter crack. Dunno if that makes sense. But it sounded logical to me.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 12:41:49 PM »
Where exactly should I send the film? Support or somewhere else?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2005, 12:50:35 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure if you label it "rubber bullets" and send it to support it'll get where it needs to go.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 01:19:03 PM »
I'm betting .303s, not rubber bullets.

:p
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 01:35:54 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
I'm betting .303s, not rubber bullets.

:p

could be but i put alot of .303's into the planes if it was. I wish the filmviewer had a way to decipher the cannons and BBs.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by Howitzer
I have seen it as well, but the film wasn't rolling.  Anyone know if the hits still count as hits if they show up on your screen but the other guy never feels them?

or why i would take invisible hits (no sprites on my film) from a guy shooting a good 75+ yds behind where i am?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
Rubber Bullets
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2005, 01:55:44 PM »
In the hanger when you choose your gun package, stop picking the RB one,  RB- dont stand for real bullets, it means rubber bullets.  gezzzz mon!    In ww2 they made some planes outa rubber, so if you try to kill a RP-rubber plane, with RB-rubber bullets the result is obivious,  bouncey -bounce.   hehe!

Ive shot down some of these RP's and seen them bounce on the ground only to have them go to tower and I get No kill and they get a ditch!    oh and there Is rubber trees too!  bounced tanks off of them SOB's  :eek: