Author Topic: Using Rank for Manned Gun positions  (Read 643 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Using Rank for Manned Gun positions
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2005, 02:51:14 PM »
Originally posted by MadSquirrel
So, a new player is playing the game.  He is on the front 5" gun on a CV.  He is trying to learn gunnery skills when someone that shoots buildings for score comes along and kicks him off his gun.  Hummm.  And then to top it off, the "Higher Score" player (score potato or not) can't hit squat either.  I have seen this many times.  Score does not equate to skill.  I would rather have someone new learning the game at that gun, than someone that thinks or even knows he can do better.  This game is for everyone, not just the "old timers".  Newbies learn by doing, not be being pushed aside.

I know that this isn't always the case however your plan is to make this game more of a "Members Only" game.  Gunners should remain first come, first serve.  

As for the field guns being taken out more easy than VHs is true, however 90% of the time, the VH is bombed by "Astrobuffs" and the only defense left up is the field gun.  If anything, HT should put in some REAL flak at fields.  Put in the 88s.  Allow bases to defend against the "Astrobuffs".

LTARsqrl    :aok

Anyone who can't hit squat, noob or otherwise in a 5 inch gun, doesn't need more trigger time for practice, they need to get their eyes checked...

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline crims

• Nickel Member
Using Rank for Manned Gun positions
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2005, 07:22:54 PM »
Rank Doesn't = IQ:rofl

Crims
479th Raiders FG
Life's to Short Don't Forget To Laugh 479Th Raiders FG