Author Topic: Furball islands on Island Maps  (Read 381 times)

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
Furball islands on Island Maps
« on: August 03, 2005, 02:23:47 PM »
This has been probably brought up on the BBS and alot on during the game, but can we get the furball island on the island maps that have them indestructable/untakeable.  Maps suchs as the one we just had which is I believe is called Okanzas and the other island maps.  Really with these island maps its hard to find a good fight and really the only real good fights can be found on furball island.  It was even mentioned to tell the enemy where the goons/m3/lvt are otw to the particular field on furball island to prevent the field being taken and keep the fight going.  

For those who want to win the so called war, make these fields excluded from the field count so those who would like to win the so called war wont have to worry about furball island.  Its just boring to see that furball island has been taken and the fights are hard to find.

I know with others that we arent really into taking bases and just want to find some good fights/furballs to make the night good and dont enjoy loggin on and finding no fights and having to attack fields that there is nothing to kill.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 09:37:44 PM »
Agreed.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 01:47:24 AM »
Well I know the Bish didn't take furball island, you know who to blame.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 09:26:24 AM »
If it becomes undestructable then the war is unwinnable.

I still think we need to set furball island as an early war planeset only island.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 12:48:05 PM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
If it becomes undestructable then the war is unwinnable.

Like said above, make furball island untakeable/indestructable but exclude the fields on the island from the field count list on the fields needed to win the war.  So basically saying that if a country is down to 3 fields excluding the 3 fields they have on furball island they would lose even with having 6 fields if they included those on furball island.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 12:55:18 PM »
Originally posted by Hoarach
Like said above, make furball island untakeable/indestructable but exclude the fields on the island from the field count list on the fields needed to win the war.  So basically saying that if a country is down to 3 fields excluding the 3 fields they have on furball island they would lose even with having 6 fields if they included those on furball island.

Not to dampen your enthusiasm ... but this has been suggested many times before and was championed by Lazs for a couple of weeks in a thread.

Bottom line from HT (If I remember correctly) ... the current gameplay architecture does not support that type of setup. All fields on a map have to me made capturable inorder to win the war.

You might then say ... well change the code. Easy enough ... if you don't have to put out a new version of the Graphics engine (ergo AHII) and then have to code TOD from scratch. Maybe someday ... but I wouldn't count on it in the near future ... too many other and bigger fish to fry.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 12:31:27 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
I still think we need to set furball island as an early war planeset only island.

that is a great idea.

Offline TrueKill

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 02:14:22 AM »
The only was to make furball island's fields untakable would be to take out the towns/maprooms when they are making the maps.

Offline SMIDSY

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 06:28:28 AM »
or better yet, you could have their towns and map rooms right next to the HQ. so when the HQ is over-run you soon lose furball island.

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005, 08:41:10 AM »
whats next ? indestructable tanks so people dont have to waste time respawning?

dont want your base taken...protect it

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 01:30:50 PM »
Originally posted by AmRaaM
whats next ? indestructable tanks so people dont have to waste time respawning?

dont want your base taken...protect it

When people start porking yoru field and start swarming its gets kinda hard or when you are outnumbered 2 to 1.  Ive had to defend a furball island when it was just me and 3 other knights against 1 full dar bar of rooks.  Its just that on these island maps with furball island, it is really the only place where us furball pilots can find a fight.  I would just like to see the fields on furball island indestructable/untakeable and make the fields excluded from the fields that need to be taken to win the war.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2005, 10:43:32 AM »
Always a YES vote to this one.