Author Topic: New pilot reports in  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Eagle Eye

• Copper Member
New pilot reports in
« on: August 06, 2005, 02:43:55 PM »
Hey everyone. Just got here gonna DL game a few questions. How much is this game? Is it a monthly charge or a one time. And how realistic is the handling of the aircraft.

Offline Shaky

• Nickel Member
New pilot reports in
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 02:54:22 PM »
First two weeks free, then $14.95US monthly. Download of the game is free, as are any updates.

Flight model is best I've seen in any stand-alone or on-line sim. Damage and shooting models are equally excellent.
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline TheThang

• Copper Member
New pilot reports in
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 03:12:21 PM »
and aisde from a few bad apples (shane and jetb come to mind) it has a great community =)

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
New pilot reports in
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 03:42:21 PM »
Check out the http://www.netaces.org/. Tons of Aces High info

Offline Eagle Eye

• Copper Member
New pilot reports in
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 03:48:45 PM »
Thanks for info. 1 more question.

does everyone use any voice comms such as TS

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
New pilot reports in
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 03:59:29 PM »
AH has built in "vox" so you don't need stand-alone voice comm software.

Offline Eagle Eye

• Copper Member
New pilot reports in
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2005, 04:02:02 PM »
gREAT AGAIN THANKS FOR THE INFO

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
New pilot reports in
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2005, 06:07:37 PM »
Originally posted by TheThang
and aisde from a few bad apples (shane and jetb come to mind) it has a great community =)

outside of being a direct flame type message, over look this bad apple theory Eagle eye,

each and every player of AH has his/her on character..........some just let certian individuals get to them mentally :D

come join us all for some good fun  under the AH sun!  cya up.........

if you are looking for any help feel free to drop the trainers a request at

trainers @ flyaceshigh.com

or just pop in the Training arena at your leasure........ welcome to Aces High
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
New pilot reports in
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 06:16:35 PM »
I have to agree with TC there... There are some absolute newbies, there are some absolute masters, there are 9 year olds that pretend they're tough by swearing every bad word they know (and they only know a few, it seems) and then there are seasoned old farts that know some more selective (and original) swearing, and then there are the silent ones (and some that don't even speak English too well!) and then there are the ones that won't shut up.

What you have to do is figure out how you're going to deal with the bad ones (that is, the ones you don't like, whichever ones they are). The best way is "live and let live" or ".squelch " :)

I don't totally buy the "bad egg" argument. Everybody is a bad egg to somebody else, somewhere. I do buy the "child that needs more parental supervision" idea, as that's readily clear in many cases, but the best you can do is be patient and set a good example.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
New pilot reports in
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005, 07:13:52 PM »
Yep.  You may not like Shane's mouth, but he's helped alot of folks along the way too.  To truly enjoy being here, you need a bit of a thick skin.  That said, this is a pretty good bunch of folks to get to know.  Enjoy, and welcome!  

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
New pilot reports in
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2005, 07:36:20 PM »
I think Thang's remarks were tongue in cheek - i dunno - there's no tongue in cheek smiley :D

Offline Eagle Eye

• Copper Member
New pilot reports in
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2005, 08:06:01 PM »
Well my gameplay will be delayed. After a 2 hr DL(I HATE AOL DIAL UP) Igot the error messageAHWHATEVER THE #S ARE is not a valid win32 file.

After i threw a few things i have decided to re download overnite and try again in morning.

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
New pilot reports in
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2005, 08:45:08 PM »
Why dont you get that download program "getright" or whatever. It manages downloads and can resume if you get cut off. You'd think AOL would provide a download manager to compete these days.

Offline Eagle Eye

• Copper Member
New pilot reports in
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2005, 10:08:12 PM »
you'de think that, But we are refering to Absolutly Over priced AOL

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
New pilot reports in
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2005, 07:36:32 AM »
Your going to want to lose that A O Hell and get yourself a real ISP at some point.

BTW Creator of the game has flown real warbirds, he wants to get it as "right" as he can, and still make it fun for everyone.

Learning curve is steep, don't get discouraged! This is something that can take years to master.  Like TC said there are trainers here to help. There is also a very good community that will answer questions, etc.