Author Topic: Non-Battle (Supply / Transport missions)  (Read 1455 times)

Offline BBGunn

• Zinc Member
Non-Battle (Supply / Transport missions)
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2001, 04:13:00 PM »
I'm thinking maybe a scenario where a C47 carries fuel/ammo to ground vehicles that have run out of fuel or need fuel/ammo to advance on the next target.  This would depend on the type of terrain and base layout in use I guess but would be fun in the gaming sense.

-towd_

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2001, 08:22:00 PM »
anyone remeber the ai auto flown planes in aw 2 hehe they were a hoot.

Offline RASTER

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2001, 10:20:00 PM »
Lephturn, up high at 20fps it counts for nothing when the frame speed drops and drops until planes strobe past like traces from a drug overdose. However, if a player has expertise, he can at least land on the runway at 5fps without having "the common" computer assisted cheat on. But if a player is inexperienced, I am certain the slow processor speeds would prevent a simmer from learning. I agree, a long learning curve is most desirable, however, learning is easier when given credible examples and not flashing uncertainties. As for Ghost42, I would not suggest he give up on commanding respect in the air sims, but to accept defeat and continue to learn. Sometimes, but not often, a good simmer will give you some excellent points to increase your survivability which exceeds the rhetoric some trainers will feed out.

RASTER.

[This message has been edited by RASTER (edited 01-20-2001).]

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2001, 06:20:00 AM »
Good idea ghost42 . Many times I would just like to be online flying after a hard day at work etc and that sounds like fun without the extra strain . Right now I man the CV 5 in gun when tired but still want to be online . Or I did the gooning too  

Just remember some of you , that even if some practice till "hell freezes over" they won't get only so good . Having to fight a 3D chess game with guns ain't for everyone (as in too many things going on at once and overload comes into play ) and this way like ghost42 says lets them have a important and usefull place to help win the war .

I get it ( your point) makes perfect sence to me . Hopefully HTC will give it a try too ,

cheers spro

------------------
air_rules = Play fair ....Don't worry about points......Keep a sense of humor......Drink Jim Beam......and don't let the fediddlein cat walk on the keyboard.......!!!http://www.airsquadron.com" TARGET=_blank>

[This message has been edited by airspro (edited 01-21-2001).]
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2001, 08:07:00 AM »

Originally posted by airspro:
Good idea ghost42 . Many times I would just like to be online flying after a hard day at work etc and that sounds like fun without the extra strain . Right now I man the CV 5 in gun when tired but still want to be online . Or I did the gooning too    

Just remember some of you , that even if some practice till "hell freezes over" they won't get only so good . Having to fight a 3D chess game with guns ain't for everyone (as in too many things going on at once and overload comes into play ) and this way like ghost42 says lets them have a important and usefull place to help win the war .

I get it ( your point) makes perfect sence to me . Hopefully HTC will give it a try too ,

cheers spro

Yes it would be nice to have something alternative like that to do when you want to be on line but not in the middle of a fur ball all the time.