Author Topic: Beta Registration Test!  (Read 2536 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Beta Registration Test!
« on: August 21, 2005, 01:58:03 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are opening registration for our BETA TEST of our new Registration, if you would be so kind to help us out and register. This Registration is the creation of ForHim and Jordi and the CM Team, It will be used for all our future Scenario's and other events.

By helping us test this, we can iron out the kinks and any other problems that may arrise.

By clicking on the link below, it will take you the Information pages of our BETA TEST Scenario. Please read and follow the directions as written. Please post all feedback in the Scenario General Forum as there will be a post to follow up this test there.

Thanks for all your help!

http://events.hitechcreations.com/scenarios/scenario_list.php

Click this link too read more about our beta test. Follow the instructions in the Scenario Briefing to continue!

Nefarious
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Beta Registration Test!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 02:07:26 PM »
You have done a Fantastic Job Jordi and ForHim.  Site turned out just great, well done!
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Nomde

• Nickel Member
      • Web Master
Beta Registration Test!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 02:28:44 PM »
I signed up, but wasn't able to register my squad. I figure that's just because you're testing the layout initially.

The menu/sub menu format is easy to use once you get the hang of it. Just make sure you keep the directions clear so that first time users won't get confused. I like to have buttons right in front of me as opposed to sorting through a menu system tryin to find the right selection.

I understand it's hard to convey on one page all the options we have in AH. I think the first draft is looking good though :aok

Nomde
56th Fighter Group "Zemke's Wolfpack"
nomde@56fg.net

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Beta Registration Test!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 03:10:29 PM »
Thanks - we did not have time to dump all the MA Squad names into a table as of yet.

That will be incorporated for the next LIVE run.

This will help the CO's sort out the rosters and put squad mates together that want to fly together.
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Beta Registration Test!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 03:14:46 PM »
Done, looks ok... I assume you'll have an automailer notifying someone via e-mail when they have registered, I didn't receive any mail this time.

Making a quick link to register on the main screen may make life a little easier as well.

Works fine tho, no problems.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Beta Registration Test!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 03:18:36 PM »
Didnt see any problems.   Everything worked pretty smoothly.

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Beta Registration Test!
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by Delirium
Done, looks ok... I assume you'll have an automailer notifying someone via e-mail when they have registered, I didn't receive any mail this time.

Making a quick link to register on the main screen may make life a little easier as well.

Works fine tho, no problems.

Email confirmation is next on our list.

We want more people to go to and do stuff through the events server. Therefore we need to jump through some hoops with the disclaimer since that server is part of the HTC system. The Disclaimer clears HTC of any emails we may be sending as a volunteer group to keep people updated on current and furture scenarios and other events that may use the ahevents site.

By going through the events site it les people READ more about not just Scenarios but all of the other evetns we host.

Nose art

Offline wasq

• Silver Member
      • Photos
Beta Registration Test!
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 04:19:29 PM »
Seems to work fine, I didn't notice any problems.

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
Beta Registration Test!
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 04:48:08 PM »
looking good....no problems on this end

Cheers
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Beta Registration Test!
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 06:35:27 PM »
I did have a comment sent to me about what w ill be done with the info that is collected.

We will clarify that in the disclaimer.

"How ever; seeing as a) there's a very well marked disclaimer saying the site is nothing to do with HTC; and b) there's a line saying " By using this site, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information by the AH Events team" and c) there's no indication what my personal information will be used for nor to whom the information will be passed; I declined to click further.

I'd need a "we won't send you any spam nor pass your address onto others" line before I'd go any further with it."

There was also a question as to why it is on a non HTC site.

This was done to eliminate any problems with people getting future  emails about Scenarios and thinking it was coming from HTC. Some people may think they are getting spammed when the fact is they are getting emails from a source they signed up to voluntarily.

None of the info will be used outside of the AH Events site.

Nose art

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Beta Registration Test!
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 12:55:13 AM »
If this isn't the topic you want it posted in, please let me know, and I'll put it in the correct place.

Note the following are not complaints.  They are just suggestions or bugs found.  I very much appreciate all the work that goes into this and am grateful to all the folks who work on it.

-- Feedback and bug testing on the registration system --

I'd change two of the menus to be easier to understand.  If "Event Description" is supposed to be information about scenarios in general, I'd change it to "What is a scenario?" or "General Information About Scenarios" (or something like that) so that a user knows it's not a description specificly of the current scenario.  If "Scenario Briefings" is supposed to be about current and upcoming scenarios, I'd change it to "Current and upcoming scenarios".

After registering, I didn't get an e-mail back or click on any link in such an e-mail, but the system allowed me to log in with the information I provided initially.

"If you continue, you will remove your existing slot registration."  This is confusing.  What is an "existing slot registration"?  What are the implications of it being removed?

It seemed that my registration ended with step 2 when the instructions said there were 3 steps.

It allows me to register for the scenario multiple times.  Does each new one erase the old one, or does that mess things up?

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Beta Registration Test!
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 12:56:25 AM »
Do you folks want extensive testing of the site (like not putting in required information and making sure the site doesn't allow continuance of registration, and so on)?

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Beta Registration Test!
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 06:35:21 AM »
Originally posted by Brooke
Do you folks want extensive testing of the site (like not putting in required information and making sure the site doesn't allow continuance of registration, and so on)?

Yes if you have time.

We also want to see what happens from the user side when a squad fills up.

Thanks,

Nose art

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Beta Registration Test!
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 06:44:14 AM »
Originally posted by Brooke ]If this isn't the topic you want it posted in, please let me know, and I'll put it in the correct place.

Note the following are not complaints.  They are just suggestions or bugs found.  I very much appreciate all the work that goes into this and am grateful to all the folks who work on it.

Jordi - THANKS for the comments - see my answers below.

-- Feedback and bug testing on the registration system --

I'd change two of the menus to be easier to understand.  If "Event Description" is supposed to be information about scenarios in general, I'd change it to "What is a scenario?" or "General Information About Scenarios" (or something like that) so that a user knows it's not a description specificly of the current scenario.  If "Scenario Briefings" is supposed to be about current and upcoming scenarios, I'd change it to "Current and upcoming scenarios".

Jordi - I will pass these along.

After registering, I didn't get an e-mail back or click on any link in such an e-mail, but the system allowed me to log in with the information I provided initially.

Jordi - That has not been turned on as of yet.

"If you continue, you will remove your existing slot registration."  This is confusing.  What is an "existing slot registration"?  What are the implications of it being removed?

Jordi - It will remove your old Scenario Squad reg info ( IE What squad did you select - Allied / Axis and which Group ). So if you were the 2nd h person to register for Allied 8th - 61st - P47D - GL Drano  and you continued on it would remove you from that spot and open it up for someone else to fill. You would then select the same or diff spot.

It seemed that my registration ended with step 2 when the instructions said there were 3 steps.

Jordi - I think that is a mis numbering of the steps on that page. We will fix it.

It allows me to register for the scenario multiple times.  Does each new one erase the old one, or does that mess things up?

Jordi - Yes - each new reg erasest the old info - but that is NOT a problem with the reg system.

Nose art

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Beta Registration Test!
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 07:01:14 AM »
I filled all fields but I still get this error message:

"Error: one of the required fields was not properly completed."

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34