Author Topic: Do we want Perks or ....  (Read 714 times)

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Do we want Perks or ....
« on: January 18, 2001, 05:19:00 PM »
Does AH need perk planes or a more complete base planeset?

I have no idea how much development time is spent on an aircraft for introduction into AH, but personally I'd like to see at least 1 NEW (not just a variant)non-perk ride added for each perk aircraft.  If not more non perkies per perk.

The community has been howling for aircraft with which to build scenarios around, the perkies don't fill those holes in most cases at all.  There are soo many non perkies needed, that i couldn't care less about perkies  
IL2/Il10, Russian attack Aircraft as well as fighters
Japanese attack aircraft, NAVY URGENT
German attack AC
British Attack AC

I'd rather see development spent on the base planeset, its probably Ace's only weak area in comparison to the competition.  Sure it will be interesting to fly a Tempest 1x a month, though I'd have much more fun flying a Mosquito or Judy as much as I want.

My Thots...

AKskurj

Offline metronom

• Copper Member
Do we want Perks or ....
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2001, 05:23:00 PM »
Yup, totally agree.

Sailor

PakRat

Do we want Perks or ....
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2001, 07:09:00 PM »
Seems to me that plane/vehicle development is plane/vehicle development - whether it is for perk planes or stock planes. I don't see the beef. At all.

Who's to say that perk planes/vehicles won't be available in the scenario arenas?

All this is is just another squeak thread about perk points and perk planes. It sure gets old guys. Give it a rest.

------------------
Rape, pillage, then burn...

Offline RAS

• Copper Member
      • http://flyingaces.bizland.com/54sq/main.htm
Do we want Perks or ....
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2001, 08:17:00 PM »
If I read it correctly, I don't think Skurj was knocking the perk system.  I think he was simply stating he would like to see the folks at HTC concentrate more on getting us a larger aircraft set to choose from so that we could advance the development of scenario's within Aces High.  

I, too, would like to see a larger (non-perk) set of aircraft to choose from.  I doubt, with the limited amount of time I get to fly, that I will earn large numbers of points towards flying perkies anyway.  Regardless, am having fun refining my skills in a YAK this tour.  Will probably pick the La-5 next tour, then move on to the German Iron after that.  

But I do not think Skurj was knocking the perk system....believe he just wants to see the advancement of the non-perk set....nice idea :-)

RAS

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Do we want Perks or ....
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2001, 08:33:00 PM »
Well you'll get both sides of it, so don't worry.  We can't do everything at once but give us a little time.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Do we want Perks or ....
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2001, 10:56:00 PM »
Pyro.
We have been waiting days if not weeks since a new plane was added. How patient do you expect us to B?

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
Do we want Perks or ....
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2001, 03:38:00 AM »

We have been waiting days if not weeks since a new plane was added. How patient do you expect us to B?

Is this a joke?

Folks flying Warbirds haven't had new plane in a year! We have it good over here, believe me!

------------------
jochen Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey I/SG 5

Sieg oder bolsevismus!
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Do we want Perks or ....
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2001, 03:53:00 AM »
What Pyro?

Give you TIME?

That's the stuff LIFE is made of!

I ain't giving you diddly!

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

"I am the light at the end of your sorry little tunnel." - A. Eldricht

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Do we want Perks or ....
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2001, 06:02:00 AM »
I think the onus of this post is that Skurj would like to see more non perk planes added to make scenarios more viable and realistic. I agree.

Warbirds already has a well rounded planeset (for the most part), so I don't think the point of them not having added a new plane in over a year applies here. JMHO.  

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Do we want Perks or ....
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2001, 06:44:00 AM »
I agree SKurj. Bingo Aztec  
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Do we want Perks or ....
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2001, 08:04:00 AM »

Originally posted by Pongo:
Pyro.

ROTFLOL, point well made Pongo...MISS YOU,when you come back, join us Knightheads!