Author Topic: Keep Furball Away From The Puter!  (Read 400 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Keep Furball Away From The Puter!
« on: December 13, 2000, 10:15:00 PM »
I stopped by my friends place today, and on the way up the walk, noticed his monitor sitting on the porch with a burn mark on the top, a small pile of unidentifiable something on it, and a distinct electronics burn smell in the air.

So, puzzled, and already somewhat amuzed at the possibilities running through my head, knocked on the door and immediately asked him about it when he opened the door.

Apparently, his cat puked on the monitor, which caused it to short-circuit and actually catch on fire.  Unfortunately...but today fortunately, his sister-in-law is staying with him and his wife for a month, and she caught the fire before it could cause any collateral damage.  He was was at work, and wouldn't be home for a couple of hours after it happened!

I advised him, as I do often, that it's time for the cat to die (generally likes to bite without warning, and often leaves little surprise puddles on the hardwood floors), and he agreed, but the wife veto'd that as usual    So, from now on, the computer room door stays closed.

SOB

BTW...this belongs in the off-topic forum.  

[This message has been edited by SOB (edited 12-13-2000).]
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!