Author Topic: tattoos  (Read 989 times)

Offline gavor

• Nickel Member
      • http://users.senet.com.au/~shanga
tattoos
« on: December 18, 2001, 06:08:00 PM »
I got this idea from the daughters thread. Who likes tattoos, who has one, what is it, will anyone even respond to my thread?

I've got a largish tat of a cartoony girl holding a smoking pistol and winking. Al la the cover of the green day album Kerplunk. Oh and its on my left shoulder.

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: Gavor ]

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
tattoos
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2001, 06:43:00 PM »
I have a small one on my left shoulder.  It says "Kim".  I got it when I was 18 and I keep it to remind myself how young and stuipid I was.  :p

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
tattoos
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2001, 06:50:00 PM »
3 here that I consider scars, 16 yrs old homemade stuff. One of a spider, 2 of Crucifix.

Offline gavor

• Nickel Member
tattoos
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2001, 07:18:00 PM »
It says "Kim". I got it when I was 18 and I keep it to remind myself how young and stuipid I was.  

i assume youre wife/girlfriends name is not kim?  :D

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
tattoos
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2001, 07:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by Gavor:

i assume youre wife/girlfriends name is not kim?   :D

My wife's name is Roberta and she's extrodinarily understanding.    :D

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
tattoos
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2001, 08:30:00 PM »
on the back of my neck i have yggdrasil (upside down peace sign with a wreath) its a viking rune symbolizing the tree of life.

on the sides of my neck I have a Raven under each ear wings spread and beaks pointed as if whispering in my ear. Their names are Thought (on the right) and Memory(on the left)

On my right arm starting at my elbow and continuing to high on my shoulder I have a graveyard at the base. Out of the the graves smoke rises and turn into ghostly figures that into form the upper torso of a man holding a batton in his left hand and Drawing a sword in his right. Behind his head are clouds and a sun that wrap my entire shoulder.

On the inside of my right forearm (underneath the fold of the inside of my elbow) I have 4 hammers pointed n, s, e ,w joined in the center by a ring. It measures about 4 inch by 4 inch. Under it I have a Skull on the inside of my wrist and a "design that wraps around the wrist its self.

My next tatoo will be to fill from my actual elbow  to the back side of my forearm to my wrist with a dragoon. Probrably next month or so.

On my left inside forearm I have pinhead from hellraiser. Its a head shot. under it on the inside of my wrist I have a "ghostly head" set to compliment the skull on the other arm.

On my calve from my ankle to me knee I have a grim reaper with all sorts of skulls and crap.

On the backs of both my calve I have words running down in ole english lettering.

Blood on my right
Honor on my left.

Thats all fer now.

If I get a camera fer Christmas I'll post pics.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
tattoos
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2001, 08:34:00 PM »
Send Him a camera, somebody please send him one.  :)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
tattoos
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2001, 08:37:00 PM »
i have one of Elmer Fudd on my bellybutton holding his shotgun with the qoute "come out you sqweewy wabbit"

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Gavor:
I got this idea from the daughters thread. Who likes tattoos, who has one, what is it, will anyone even respond to my thread?

I've got a largish tat of a cartoony girl holding a smoking pistol and winking. Al la the cover of the green day album Kerplunk. Oh and its on my left shoulder.

Offline gavor

• Nickel Member
tattoos
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2001, 08:41:00 PM »
Cool Wotan, please post. The next two on my wish list are a dragon curled around the bone that sticks up on top of my wrist and a symbol for honour/integrity at the top of my thigh or somewhere sorta different.

Offline gavor

• Nickel Member
tattoos
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2001, 08:42:00 PM »
lol NUTTZ, really?

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
tattoos
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2001, 09:54:00 PM »
One tattoo,  black widow spider right shoulder, about 3" across.  Why the black widow?, P61, Black Widow squadron, one of my favorite car models when I was a kid in 68 or 69 (black widow was a '26 t-bucket) and last because its just a kickass evil little spider that can make grown men cry.

I always wanted another couple of tattoos but didnt know anybody I trusted to do it.
Only reason I got the one I have now was because I knew the guy, I knew his work, and I trusted him to sterilize his equipment and use new ink.  But I got orders and left Idaho and never got the chance.  

One tattoo I wanted was a rattlesnake,  starting on my left arm just above my forearm, with it's mouth open, fangs bared, wrapped around my bicep, over my left shoulder, across the back and neck, down the right shoulder, and its tail wrapped around my right bicep.

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
tattoos
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2001, 09:58:00 PM »
I've got blackwork down the backside of my right forearm from elbow to wrist - black rectangles, with a band that wraps below my right elbow, and a wide band at my right wrist - tons of black ink in there... above that on my outside bicep I have a cover-up I'd rather not talk about.  

On my left forearm is 6 line band with the side of man's head in a 4 segmented (like a window) box.

On my right chest is a black flag logo (whoo hoo! punk rock!)

Down my left shin, from the knee to the ankle, is a bunch of sorta celtic designwork with a ton of different stuff, sort of in the shape of a shinguard - that was all done with a homemade gun by myself, hunched over it in a dorm room when I was 18.  :)

Then I got married, and suddenly I had less money to spend on tattoos... hmmmm... the next thing will be B17 nose art, a blond chick in a red dress on a blue disc on my left bicep - the first color other than black I'll have had.

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
tattoos
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2001, 10:00:00 PM »
Oh, and what I want to know is who is good enough with a pen to draw stuff for us?  :)

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
tattoos
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2001, 10:06:00 PM »
btw mine are all blach and grey wash

the ghostly head on my left wrist is from a band Black Market Babies local Wash. DC punk rock band from the early 80s.

They were the drinkin and fightin punk rockers the others in DC were the Minor Threat str8 edge studmuffins. with the black magic marker x's on their hands   :rolleyes:

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
tattoos
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2001, 10:09:00 PM »
My Uncle is 81 years old, he was a Marine in WWII and fought in the Pacific, he was wouned twice and has all sorts of commendations.  Last time I saw him, I noticed his forearm had what appeared to be a pineapple for a tattoo.  Smiling, he explained he got it in 1944 and stretched the skin tightly, revealing a pretty woman in a hawaiian grass skirt.  hehe...so, make sure your tatoo survives the again process...