Author Topic: Rowan's Battle of Britain ... ehm (2)  (Read 648 times)

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Rowan's Battle of Britain ... ehm (2)
« on: December 11, 2000, 11:24:00 AM »
The old MigAlley stuttering with older graphics, almost (still) unplayable on my system. Blue screen of death and CTD's. Not bad after 1 hour testing ... lol  

Beware ....
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2000, 11:44:00 AM »
I swore Rowan off along time ago.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2000, 02:36:00 PM »
I gave them one more chance with MA. Then saw they STILL used the same sounds from way back (older DOS games, cannot recall which). Huge bugfest and stuttering bug.

Rowan have managed to sneak in at around the lowest place a company can go in the game/sim world for me.

Not again.

------------------
StSanta
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2000, 05:34:00 PM »
It seems really sad. So does B17...Man box games suck...

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2000, 06:29:00 AM »
OK gents, can we get a consensus here?

B17II IS worth the money
B17II ISN'T worth the money

Apologies for HJ the thread and thank you .

p.s. What's the deal with "seeing hundreds of planes in the air at once" anyway? Apparently, it's the main selling point for BoB . Hmmm...  

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2000, 02:11:00 PM »
Hi Lynx,
B-17II is a good strategic game about WWII bombing raids and crew management with nice graphics. It is not a flight simulator, fighters fly like F16s. If you are not lucky, it is a nightmare of CTD's and stuttering. Just my humble opinion. Its already out of my HD.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown