Author Topic: AC3D files of the Arace6b7  (Read 477 times)

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
AC3D files of the Arace6b7
« on: August 30, 2005, 06:27:58 AM »
Hi,

There were some wonders how I could get Startgate object operational.
Actually nothing  big. Just playing with living and dead shapes.

If somebody is interested how it is made up, you can download it with all other Arace6b7 AC3D files and textures.

AC3D_Shapes.zip 322k

Maybe skilled AC3D users can give some design and texturing advices to me:)

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 06:57:46 AM »
I dont know what kind of advices you would require... they seem perfect for their purpose  :)

About those walls.. IMO you would not need more than just 1 or 2 different sized walls. You can then make object groups in TE, save and re-use them.

The hard sky could maybe be textured with some "metal wire mesh" etc. so that no-one would hit it by accident. On the other hand it might look a bit weird :)

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 08:58:48 AM »
wow thanks alot.I'll learn alot from this.

Offline Xjazz

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 11:40:34 AM »
Hi Blauk,

Oh thanks!

I was playing with different hard sky texture ideas and only two feel good. Invisible or small clouds. Well, I'm not too good with PSP8 and clouds did appear as blobs... "Invisible it is!" :)

Great idea this wall grouping. The first build take same time to get wall ends match but thats it. Also longer walls could have little bit random shape, instead dead straight 1mile wall. There is one but. If terrain is not dead flat, then single long wall object has it advantage.

(edit)
Zip file contain also "StartG1.obg" file. It's a startgate object group (2 pole1+ start1). Save it to the Group folder.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 11:49:34 AM by Xjazz »