Author Topic: early war planes in AH?  (Read 2574 times)

AKSeaWulfe

early war planes in AH?
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2001, 03:03:00 PM »
Lazs, except for 1940 isn't there pretty much a P51 in every "year" set? P51 MkIII, P51A, P51B, P51C, P51D, P51H etc? Each P51 in it's respective year offers the pony guys enough of a speed difference to run away so I don't think it would be much different than what they do right now.

I have no problem with an RPS, so long as it's implemented properly. The perk system would also allow for a guy to buy himself a P51B when it's a "BoB" planeset and then the next planeset evolution would allow him to buy a P51D thereby affording him his running space that he craves.

Does that make sense at all?
-SW

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
early war planes in AH?
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2001, 03:10:00 PM »
Yeah lazs, I see yer point.  Bad idea to provide an incentive for the point-n-kill planes to go after the early war stuff.  Guess there has to be some isolation, like canyons and clouds.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

lazs

early war planes in AH?
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2001, 08:46:00 AM »
sea... we have enough animosity now with just slight percieved differences in the most popular planes.   I don'd want a P51b to be screwing around in my P40/spit one/109e/wildcat/zeke fights but .... I have resigned myself to the fact that people want to have a bigger club than the next guy and that the idiotic perk system will have to run it's course or simply force me out.   I really see no place for me in a perk arena that is not frustrating.   Any RPS will bore a lot of people... P51 guys won't like having p51's only as a "perk"  for however long.   What I think is funny tho is when there will allways be a stupid perk plane that will run down the 51... Then we will hear how "idiotic" the perk system is from someone besides me!

Bet a lot of people like myself, plus newbies plus early war fans would love a haven away from the rest of the late war planes and the perks in particular.  I won't fly the perks.  I will sell my points on EBay.   even someone as sleazy as me feels guilty beating on newbies with a perk ride.

I think the area I am talking about would only impact the majority that likes latter and latter planes and tiered class "perk" system by... They would notice that someone was having fun without them.   The good guys would either ignore it or join in...  There would be a place for any type of fighting except those who wanted parity in a mid war set.... They would still be screwed by the idiotic perk system.   I am just looking for a haven away from em.
lazs