Author Topic: FAA warned about possible Al Qaeda hijacking in 1998  (Read 296 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
FAA warned about possible Al Qaeda hijacking in 1998
« on: September 14, 2005, 09:17:44 AM »
Lets see, the logic according to some on this board is as such:

FEMA=Fed Govt Control=Bush's fault.

Using that same logic...

FAA=Fed Govt Control=Clinton's fault.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/14/politics/14terror.html?ei=5094&en=5bc807ff8787b4c3&hp=&ex=1126670400&partner=homepage&pagewanted=print

So? Should we even out the blame, and say local, state and federal gov't fault? Or just blame the administration like so many are happy to with a similiar catastrophic event like Katrina? Can't have it both ways ya know...

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 09:19:23 AM »
sand

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 09:20:03 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman

Better upgrade the sarcasm account, Sandy. :rofl

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 09:22:15 AM »
How's this?

Nice troll.
sand

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 09:24:49 AM »
We here at Jackal Inc. are an equal opportunity blamer. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 09:27:16 AM »
Can you specifically note the names of some posters that you think are saying it's Bush's fault?
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 09:32:07 AM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
Can you specifically note the names of some posters that you think are saying it's Bush's fault?
Have you not been reading any replies on this BBS?

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 09:38:18 AM »
Sure, but put your money where your mouth is.  Give specific names so they can respond.  It'll be a better conversation, and definately less 'tilting at windmills' on your part.  As long as you play the part of 'coquetishly vague saddened citizen', there's no profit for anyone who disagrees with you to defend themselves, and that equals a boring soapbox.  In my opinion.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 09:52:34 AM »
Sure, but put your money where your mouth is.  Give specific names so they can respond.  It'll be a better conversation, and definately less 'tilting at windmills' on your part.  As long as you play the part of 'coquetishly vague saddened citizen', there's no profit for anyone who disagrees with you to defend themselves, and that equals a boring soapbox.  In my opinion.

I'm sure you know that any response with "This Administration" or "The federal Gov't" is just the same as saying "Bush's Fault" by reading the replies within the posts.  Maybe I should have said this so that you'd understand more clearly:

FEMA=Fed Govt Control=Bush Administrations fault.

Using that same logic...

FAA=Fed Govt Control=Clinton Administrations fault.

Now, go back through ALL the posts regarding Katrina. Check out the editted posts with various rules editted into the responses..do you think I can show you ? Nope. But to pretend to be blind to the known fact is amazing at best, Chairboy.

Now, lets examine a few posts, and why don't you tell me that these replies don't have the intention of laying blame on this administration?>>>>>>>>>

No Rip - Hurricane Andrew was met with the forces that Bush Sr. built. FEMA was by then a joke. '92.

Clinton called it as such. Vowed to rebuild it, and did. Turned it from the worst agency into what many called the best.

Bush JR. then gutted it.

And here we are.....Nash

In a nutshell: war monies took priority over levy reinforcement..

The current admin better have another faux.news Aruba because once the majors pick up on this there is going to be some political fallout (maybe even rioting by those who's lives have just been destroyed) anyway you look at it..

Doctor Yo

""The American president has closed his eyes to the economic and human damage that natural catastrophes such as Katrina -- in other words, disasters caused by a lack of climate protection measures -- can visit on his country."

MMM now I wonder ? --Skydancer

The common defense"

From What? Isn't one of the main reasons for a Federal government to provide a means to protect the people? Shouldn't we expect at least competent response from our Federal govt. in times of crisis? Is the Department of Homeland Security just there to respond to terrorist attacks?

We were promised in the aftermath of 9-11 that our Govt' would improve the command and control, communications and disaster response mechanisms so that the "common defense" would be provided for in a fashion that was better than before. It didn't happen.

The investigation needs to start NOW, while the horror is still fresh and the bodies are still being collected.--Midnight

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 09:58:01 AM »
Thanks, rip, that's all I was asking for.  No need to get catty, you'll probably live a longer happier life if you assume good faith.

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 09:58:04 AM »
LOL Rip...

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 10:01:13 AM »
Sure, but put your money where your mouth is.  .

No need to get catty, you'll probably live a longer happier life if you assume good faith.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 10:08:23 AM »
You missed something:

Chairboy: Can you specifically note the names of some posters that you think are saying it's Bush's fault?

Ripsnort: Have you not been reading any replies on this BBS?

Hey, I asked, you got all shifty.  You needed a nudge, and I'm happy to say that I was able to assist.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 10:27:30 AM »
Umm yeah everyone since the first attack on WTC knew another was comming.

Problem is Clinton did nothing and then when Bush to office he did nothing as well.