Author Topic: Gatt, what is going on with these Italian hooligans?  (Read 1270 times)

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Gatt, what is going on with these Italian hooligans?
« on: December 20, 2000, 09:47:00 AM »
I'm seeing in the news that Serie A games will start 15 minutes late in player protest to growing fan violence.  Is Italy getting as bad as England now???
ingame: Raz

Offline qts

• Nickel Member
      • None yet
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2000, 03:46:00 PM »
OI!

Be careful or we'll send the Millwall fans over.

<g>

------------------
qts

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2000, 12:44:00 PM »
Italian football violence is miles worse than in England. It used to be bad in the 70's and early 80's, but things have changed immensely.

Sheffield Wednesday fan here, going to games since the age of 5. I've never seen any trouble in a football ground, and rarely any trouble outside. Go to Brasil if you want to see some extreme football related violence.

qts - Millwall eh? Southern nancy boys.  

[This message has been edited by Dowding (edited 12-21-2000).]
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2000, 02:49:00 PM »

Originally posted by Dowding:
Italian football violence is miles worse than in England. It used to be bad in the 70's and early 80's, but things have changed immensely.

Dowding, now say the truth.

I recall your Prime minister saying in public and by TV, on Press, everywhere, that he was ASHAMED of English soccer supporters (AKA Hooligans).

I dont recall of any happening that forces the Italian president to do the same thing.

I recall that EVERY and EACH time an english soccer team plays in Spain (FCBarcelona supporter here, recall many matches against Newcastle, Chelsea, Leeds. Manchester Utd...) the police has to put hundreds of policemen to keep the security in hte streets of the city where the match is played.

I never recall that same thing done with an Italian soccer team.

English hooligans are the worse European soccer supporters, BY FAR. So stop your braggin on "now we aren't that bad"...its clear that you wont be the motive of another Heysel, again...

But if to be good is to go on the streets of a foreign nation, with 6 hundred of your friends, drunk like pigs and breaking shop's glasses, thumping cars, and throwing things because your team has lost, excuse me but you need some civic lessons.

Sheffield Wednesday fan here, going to games since the age of 5. I've never seen any trouble in a football ground, and rarely any trouble outside. Go to Brasil if you want to see some extreme football related violence

My god. Maybe you haven't seen the violence first-hand...but for sure you need to check for amnesya problems, man...

Recall Marseille on France'98? and the hooligans in marseille?...

Recall The Eurocup last summer?...recall that the UEFA was about kicking England out of the competition because your hooligans' attitude?...recal your Prime Minister declaring that he was ashamed of having people like that in his country?

You need a memory check, dude. You do really need it. Excuse my harsh words but I cant believe that I read what I read from you, after what has happened in Euro'2000 and France'98. Not to count the endless incidents your hooligans cause in team matches on foreing nations, of course
[/rant off]

To be true nothing in this world compares with the South american ultra groups...Argentina soccer is almost more known for its violence than for their soccer teams.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 12-21-2000).]

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2000, 03:38:00 PM »
Q. How can you tell RAM has been posting from your computer???

A. There is spittel all over your monitor.

Sorry RAM, I couldn't resist that one.

Cobra

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2000, 04:51:00 PM »

Sheffield Wednesday fan here

[This message has been edited by Dowding (edited 12-21-2000).]

Hey Dowding Birmingham City Fan here     (Sorry about the Worthington Cup quarter final NOT! )    

Mind you your dead right about the Millwall fans though    

And sorry to bite RAM but.....
You said "English hooligans are the worse European soccer supporters, BY FAR."

Wrong!!!!! "English hooligans are the worsed European soccer hooligans, BY FAR,"

I am a soccer supporter and take exception to your comments.

TTFN
snafu

------------------
  snafus Homepage

[This message has been edited by snafu (edited 12-21-2000).]

Offline niknak

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2000, 05:20:00 PM »
Don't confuse the wextremist right wing groups who use football matches as a congregation point for violence to football supporters.  

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2000, 05:49:00 PM »

Originally posted by snafu:
  Wrong!!!!! "English hooligans are the worsed European soccer hooligans, BY FAR,"

Sorry snafu...but a hooligan is a extreme soccer supporter.

I dont like it either, I am a fanatic of soccer.

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2000, 03:51:00 AM »
Sorry Leonid, I've not seen this thread till this morning.

Well, there is fan violence in Italy. What we dont do is to *EXPORT* violence into other european countries. Like hooligans do.
What happened in Belgium (Eiselle Stadium, spelling?) some years ago and what is still often happening when an english soccer team plays abroad its a shame for the whole europe.

Its a sad thing.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2000, 04:50:00 AM »
Last post on this.......

Ram, Hooligans are not extreme soccer supporters. They are just a sad bunch of !"£!"%&* who have chosen football to get their "Kicks".

As with other countries There are many matches in the UK with far more "passion" evident (Local Derbies we call them) - Manchester UTD V Manchester City, Sheffield Wed v Sheffield Utd, Birmingham City v Aston Villa. The list goes on, and yes there is of course trouble (As in other countries). But the level of violence can not even be compared with the organised attacks seen in Marseille for instance. They should be treated as what they are and dealt with accordingly.

and as for quoting Tony Blair Oh dear...... (Nice to know people in other countries listen to him because no one over here does)  

In all my 43 years my team has only reached the top flight once in the 70's for a period of about 5 years. The rest of the time has been spent in Div 1 or 2. Neither me or the other 20,000 who go to watch them feel the need to maim and kill after yet another 5 -0 loss. Like you Ram we are supporters (I am an extreme supporter if you like). But don't confuse me with the Hooligans.

Flame away like I said this is my last post in this thread.

TTFN
snafu

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2000, 05:52:00 AM »

Originally posted by snafu:
and as for quoting Tony Blair Oh dear...... (Nice to know people in other countries listen to him because no one over here does)    

LOL!...we have no other choice than to listen to him carefully last months...but that says nothing about what we think about him... (HMS Tireless problem, has anyone seen a glowing nuke sub on Gibraltar??   )

On the subject, OK, point taken. I still think that a Hooligan is a soccer supporter. I also feel the need to qualify them in other cathegory than me   .

Anyway we agree on one thing: they plainly suck!

(BTW FYI, my favorite team in England is Liverpool.   )

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 12-22-2000).]

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2000, 12:08:00 PM »
RAM - you are a complete arse. And what's more, everyone knows it.

English 'fans' aren't the worst in Europe.

Not to count the endless incidents your hooligans cause in team matches on foreing nations, of course.

I also remember the two Leeds United fans stabbed to death by Gallatasaray fans in Turkey last year, or the Leeds United fans stabbed (without provocation - they weren't wearing any football kits, and were having a drink in a pub) in Italy this year.

Check out the story behind Leonid's post, by the way.

...English soccer supporters (AKA Hooligans).

Absolute toejame and you know it. Going by what you say, I'm a soccer hooligan, yet I've never been in a fight in or around a football ground in my life. Your statement is akin to me saying,

"All Spanish blokes are limp-wristed lady boys, with the intellectual capacity of the winner of 'Dimmest Village Idiot of the Year' award."

Equally ridiculous, you see?

True, there is football related violence due to English fans at tournaments.

But the same goes for German fans.

And Dutch fans.

And Italian fans.

And Turkish fans.

Ad nauseum.

You mention World Cup '98. Check out the story about the French police man beaten so badly by GERMAN fans; he is now a brain damaged cripple.

You see, if you actually open your eyes, you'll find soccer related violence in every country.

Maybe even Spain. Heaven forbid.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2000, 12:49:00 PM »

RAM - you are a complete arse. And what's more, everyone knows it.

Buh-bye dowdiiing  

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2000, 06:08:00 PM »
Merry Christmas.  

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2000, 07:51:00 PM »
Heh......what is with you soccer/football fans???  I'm a Canuck and IMHO ALL soccer fans are hooligans.

And just read the above posts and TRY to tell me I'm wrong

BTW it's not a flame here......you folks are FIGHTING over who FIGHTS more  I'll go watch a hockey game where we can get drunk and watch the PLAYERS duke it out.