Author Topic: 51D/Dora action (kink-ay!)  (Read 561 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
51D/Dora action (kink-ay!)
« on: September 14, 2005, 03:47:53 PM »
wish the film viewer gave you more leeway. I almost miss the in-game viewer (almost).

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 05:31:32 PM »
Always fun whippin' a dora with pony :D I wish the would make a new film viewer. (more effects) better views.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 09:10:25 PM »
IK3 had a HTH room up (his small britain/french coast one, with 6 fields) and it was just ponyD vs Dora. Got a few demos. I think the Dora performs fine, mind you, and in a 2v2 or a 3v3 (or 2v3/3v2) the action is really balanced and knuckle-whitening, but unfortunately I was in a 2v2 that turned into a 2v3 and then my wingman bought it so it was a 1v3, and.. well.. dora isn't THAT good.

On the other hand when I switched teams to balance 'em, the pony can really make tight evasives (compared to the dora) to the point that the doras really had a hard time getting me (again in 2v2 and 1vmany situations). I was in a 1v2 that turned into a loose 1v3 in the ponyD and I don't think I was really in that much danger, because I knew the doras couldn't turn well under 170 and I was going down to 150 (not even that slow, when you consider it).

Then I reviewed my sorties via film viewer, paused a few and hit full screen, and took a screencap, pasted it, saved it, viola!

The two you see are the same plane, in the same fight. The first one did no damage but I pinged him (no sprites vis in this still). After some rolling scissors that I was starting to lose so I stopped scissoring and started rolling into the enemy's path, I got a good killshot and took it. I nailed him good, but what you don't see is a split second after the second screenshot, the wing falls off :P

Something about AH's damage model is that it always takes a second for damage to apply, even on low latency connections.

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 07:34:52 AM »
The A-5 is what you want for the job

Amazing how well it handles in a low-level dogfight! I couldn't believe how much energy it keeps during turns!