Author Topic: New guy question about skin-viewer trouble  (Read 422 times)

Offline VT8tbf

• Zinc Member
New guy question about skin-viewer trouble
« on: September 21, 2005, 09:53:09 AM »
I open the viewer and browse to the 'skins' folder. When I click on a plane to view I get the error message "This file doens't contain viewable information".

Can someone help me troubleshoot ? Am I missing some program needed to view the skins ?

Thanks for any help.

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 11:00:07 AM »
i had that tropuble   so do this

Open it and next to planetype click "Browse" then select "stdshape", close the skin viewer and it should work

we u reopen it it should work and let u see the default skins,it wont let u see the custom skins,like  the ones on ah skin site unless u down load them in to a folder in your  ah skins folder  eg  a p51d  u would make  a new folder p51d1 and  put the bitmap from the site in to the folder to view

hope this helps
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline VT8tbf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 11:31:31 AM »
OK, I tried that but it still doesn't want to show any skins. I'll try on my other com[puter tonight when I get home.
Thanks for your help.
VT8tbf

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 11:56:58 AM »
The latest skin viewer is v2.05 p1.  The link on HTC's website is/was pointing at an old version.  You can get the new version here:

http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/AHSKVIEW2051.EXE

Once you have the latest version installed, do what rogerdee said about clicking the "browse" button and selecting "stdshape".

Offline VT8tbf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 12:48:01 PM »
Thanks MachNix !!   That did it.  The HTC website is indeed pointing to an old version.

Thanks a lot.