Author Topic: Houston  (Read 1658 times)

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freebirdshome.us
Houston
« on: September 21, 2005, 10:24:32 PM »
I am in Houston and since I can't find a hotel within 500 miles to head North, I guess I am going to ride the big wind Friday night. Heck the main highways are so packed with people evacuating, I couldn't go if I wanted to now. To all others in this area, good luck, and God be with you. It's going to be a big one I hear:aok

BTW, Skuzzy, HTC, Can we come stay at your place in Dallas? Got two kids and a dog, but we will bring groceries and wine :D

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: Houston
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 10:27:34 PM »
Originally posted by FBRaptor
I am in Houston and since I can't find a hotel within 500 miles to head North, I guess I am going to ride the big wind Friday night. Heck the main highways are so packed with people evacuating, I couldn't go if I wanted to now. To all others in this area, good luck, and God be with you. It's going to be a big one I hear:aok

BTW, Skuzzy, HTC, Can we come stay at your place in Dallas? Got two kids and a dog, but we will bring groceries and wine :D

lol G/L Sir.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Houston
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 10:37:00 PM »
Goodluck...but seriously try and get out....You know what happened with Katrina....

Do we have any AH members who live in northern texas or surrounding states that can take him in?

I really would advise leaving....goodluck

<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline SkyChimp

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Houston
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 10:41:34 PM »
<-lives in lubbock if u wanna come this far ;)

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Houston
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 10:52:32 PM »
You have time dude, Get the F out of there.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Houston
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 11:07:29 PM »
Mars.. go pick him up with your plane, you wuss. Then go on a tour of the hurricane, and post some pictures.

Pick me up some Taco Bell too please... :p

Offline Fry

• Zinc Member
Houston
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 11:10:16 PM »
You guys take care.  Fortunately (I guess you could say that), you're above sea level. from what I remember.  So you'll mostly have to contend with the wind and debris....not flood waters.

Keep in touch and keep down;)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Houston
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 11:26:39 PM »
Its not due to hit till saturday! I dont wanna have to talk poorly of ya if you stay! :P

~AoM~

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Houston
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 11:40:51 PM »
Seriously Raptor...Get out man.....do you really think your house can stand 100+ mile per hour winds for a sustained period?

be smart man...get out
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
Houston
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 11:47:33 PM »
Be safe!!  Your kids are not replaceable, your house is!

Offline sullie363

• Nickel Member
      • Birds of Prey
Houston
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 01:28:36 AM »
It drives me up the wall how all these cookie cutter houses have their roofs built with 1x4s spaced as far apart as possible.  No wonder roofs fly apart.  Hell we built our roof with 2x10s and the only threat around here is forest fire, go figure.  Oh yeah, and Raptor you should get as far away as possible.  Rita is having sustained winds of 175mph and gusts up to 195.  Time we invented a Catagory 6 I think.
Birds of Prey Raptors
Birds of Prey Film Making Team
Birds of Prey Trainer Corps

<S> PaulB

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freebirdshome.us
Houston
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 01:33:43 AM »
Thanks guys but at this point all major highways are blocked bumper to bumper for hundreds of miles. Just drove out to 290 and I-45 to see, and neither is even moving. There are no hotels, within 500 miles (beleive me I checked) and a gas station with gas in its tanks is hard to find. I would imagine it will be even harder as you go North or West. Remember, Houston and Harris County has a population of over two million people. The chance at this point of getting stuck on the highways with no gas or just not moving are very high. I believe it is most likely safer to remain put than to venture into an uknown. I am on the Northwest side of Houston about 60 miles from the coast. There will be no storm surge of water this far in. We will have to contend with high winds and the possibilities of tornadoes, but...well, anyways, were here, we can not get out, no where to go if we did within driving distance, so we prepare, pray, and then prepare some more. Anyone else in the Houston area? If so,...got any D size batteries? :)  All the stores are out!!

Will keep you guys posted. Thanks for your concerns, would appreciate your prayers as well. Raptor (Tom)

PS...Moil, please do not send any more pics like that, it's hard enough as it is
;)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Houston
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 02:01:46 AM »
Do we have any private pilots in the gulf region that would be willing to fly into houston and pick raptor + dependants up?

seriously
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Central

• Nickel Member
Houston
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 02:24:40 AM »
Atleast you can get rid of that 20watt fan and feel the real deal now, as if your canopy was back while flying AH:D

Be safe:aok
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 02:26:41 AM by Central »

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
Houston
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005, 03:24:32 AM »
Sorry bro,

Guess just tryin to shake ya to move and be safe that's all

Prayers are with you