Author Topic: Extra fuel for the JU88  (Read 571 times)

Offline syncrII

• Zinc Member
Extra fuel for the JU88
« on: September 26, 2005, 12:07:26 AM »
Moin

in real life it was posible to carrie extra fueltanks instad of the small bombs. it would be nice if we get this option in AH too. Because a maximum range of ca.: 300 miles is sometimes not enougth.
cu chris3

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Extra fuel for the JU88
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 12:35:13 AM »
Hell Mate Your Keen.....

Dont get me wrong it has its merits but I would fall asleep flying 300+ miles in a JU88...

Offline syncrII

• Zinc Member
Extra fuel for the JU88
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 05:38:06 AM »
Originally posted by mussie
Hell Mate Your Keen.....

Dont get me wrong it has its merits but I would fall asleep flying 300+ miles in a JU88...

hehe i knew but 300 miles is only a range circle of 6 sectors thats raly short for a bomber if you want to start a spezial mission. We want to atack a HQ but with all tricks we tryed to use it was to far away so we need to swith to ki 67 but she didnt have enouth bomb loud so ouer mission was fun but not susesful :-(. You can say we have enouth other bombers but we want to try it with only axis plans we failed becaus we didnt have enough fuel :-(.

if you try to handel a ju88 right in MA you need to klimp to 17k because her best perfomance (nearly 300mph). than are 300miles range not enough becaus you didnt want a one way mission.

cu chris3

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Extra fuel for the JU88
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 10:50:42 AM »
What you really want is a Ju188A-2, the speed and defensive firepower of a Ki-67 and the bombload of a Ju88.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Extra fuel for the JU88
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 11:02:05 AM »
Well don't forget that MA has 2x fuel burn.

Also don't forget that there are cruise settings which can literally double your flight time if you follow them.

Offline syncrII

• Zinc Member
Extra fuel for the JU88
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 06:00:49 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Well don't forget that MA has 2x fuel burn.

Also don't forget that there are cruise settings which can literally double your flight time if you follow them.

jes i know and i used all tricks to get this range of 300miles more range is inposible. on the other hand i think you dont want to hit enemy HQ at max cruise setings. than you dont have a chance to get away.

cu chris3