Author Topic: Fellow Americans what do you think.....  (Read 5322 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Fellow Americans what do you think.....
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2001, 10:04:00 PM »
Mx, why should the US be embarassed?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

jato757

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2001, 10:11:00 PM »
i dont know about, if i was doin my job, and was taken prisoner, i would want them to get me and whoever i was with out of there! how would you like it? and the U.S.A has no reason to be imbarased,

------------------

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2001, 11:29:00 PM »
Toad you're right on.

I say:

America needs to start acting like we should.  Start acting like we say we are.. lead by example and not words.

Confront the problem with a neutral stance and do not bring up events that happened in the past and complicating the matter.  Example:  We accidentally hit their embassy, toejam happens ya know?  That shouldn't change the situation at hand one bit and there isn't any use trying to argue that fact.  What happened has happened, blaming others wont solve anything.

The first thing Americans as citizens need to do is realize that other cultures and parts of the world aren't all going to be like America!  And they arent going to conform to some foreign nation that has no ancient traditions and whatnot (like, who doyou think you are coming into my homeland of2000 years and telling me what to do?)  Oh well.  China by far looks at life and values completely different than our western way of thought.  

Anyway, enough babble on that..

We, as citizens, don't have the knowledge of what the US government knows.  Obviously there is much more to this story than we know.  This situation could simply be an excuse to let each side know that they are still in the game.  

China wants Taiwan.  USA could care less about Taiwan, but they dont like China so they take away it's fun (Taiwan).  USA wants to let its presence be known to China through Taiwan.. so we help and support them.  China gets mad.  China wants it's toy back.  So China decides to play the game too, and they refuse to admit their fault and aren't allowed to play.  China scratches and schemes like a little stubborn child for any support or attention possible.  They dont have the means to hurt the US in a non-militaristic way so they look for every little thing to make them look like the victim.  They deal out their "We're poor and in poverty, have pity" card when its their own damn fault for letting things get like that in the first place.  They'll get no sympathy from the US (or me for that matter) because of their poor and stubborn decisions.  

I hope you get the idea.. I read through this post again and I confused myself  .  

Thanks,
Oct

------------------
-=///Octavius\\\=-
VMF-323 "Death Rattlers"
MAG-33

Maz203@aol.com
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2001, 11:48:00 PM »
 This is another one we can put on Slick Willy's bill.  He cut the military up (I think they might have noticed). And his deals with the Chinese were just this side of a complete sell out. I think they might have gotten a taste of hi tech from Monica's boyfriend.

Offline newguy2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2001, 12:21:00 AM »
Hey, they gave Czechoslovakia to Hilter...
Look how well that worked out.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2001, 12:28:00 AM »
Oddly Octavius, your post is the one that makes the most sense here.

You'd have to be a complete retard to get in conflict with China OR the US anyway. If these 2 go at it, it will get very ugly, especially for those nations that would get dragged along or caught in between.

Worst of all, I wont have the chance to replace my TM stick if it breaks. Dangit!

Offline Suave1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2001, 12:31:00 AM »
We are still at war with China . The Korean war was never ended on paper, only a cease fire .

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2001, 12:36:00 AM »
Was never a declared war, was it?

Didn't they call it a UN "Police Action" or something?

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2001, 12:43:00 AM »
According to International Law, as I understand it, China had no right to board and inspect that aircraft

If you see it as just an emergency landing, i believe you're right.

The Chinese, however, are pretty smart. Since one of their planes allegedly went down, they are treating the US plane as part of the crash investigation, i.e evidence and are (can and is being argued by the Chinese) allowed as a sovregein nation to inspect the evidence.

Just love politics :/

Talking about nuking or starting war over this incident is a serious overreaction. The Chinese haven't kidnapped anyone, they're detaining US personell for a bit, part because they want to and in part because Chinese red tape is thicker than in most places.

And I don't buy the idea that it was an intentional ramming.

Starting WWIII over a plane with some senitive gadgets on it is not the way to go.

------------------
Baron Claus "StSanta" Von Ribbentroppen
9./JG 54 "Grünherz"
"If you return from a mission with a victory, but without your Rottenflieger, you have lost your battle."
- D. Hrabak, JG 54 "Grünherz"

[This message has been edited by StSanta (edited 04-04-2001).]

MrSiD

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2001, 12:56:00 AM »
Toad:

Recon is a risky business, even if there are unwritten 'rules' how to do it.

If you didn't notice, communist dictatorships have had a bad reputation with following the rules..

As long as it's their backyard, they do whatever the damn pleases them. Tapping on their cellular calls etc. should piss them off.. Like you said, crews were lost on a regular basis during the cold war. The only difference now is that they made it public.

Now don't take me wrong, I'm not saying what they did was justified, no. I'm just saying that these encounters come as no surprise to anyone involved in the business.

And they will go to war if necessary. Simply put, theyre mad. The only hope lies in the US ability to be above their madness. I'm pretty damn glad that Eagler is not (I hope) George W writing in disguise LOL.
Thank God most of the government have more brain than likes of him..

Eagler: balls (_)(_) - brain .

When dealing with madmen its wise to keep a certain distance.. This crew got in too close and got bit.

They knew the risks involved and signed the EULA of this game.

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2001, 01:26:00 AM »
S!

Maybe a too strong term "bullying around and use military action".But this has been the way US handled many situations and every president since Bush Sr.(and some before him) has had a war of his own   It is the politics that will do the trick here,not the war machine.Ain't the safety of the crew more important than a piece of replaceable hardware?And I can put up a bet,that we don't know a squat what REALLY is going on behind the scenes or what really happened there.The media tells what they are told by the officials,but nothing more...

------------------
DB603
3.Lentue
Lentolaivue 34

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2001, 03:36:00 AM »

BUT how do you think Russia would react if we nuked their neighbor? They'd probobly nuke us in return.
Yeah... And Russia is soooo pally with China - best flipping friends they are./sarcasm mode off/

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2001, 03:55:00 AM »

According to International Law, as I understand it, China had no right to board and inspect that aircraft

Hmm.. I seem to remember a certain Mig 25 Foxbat which landed in Japan a few years ago.

No doubt, the US (which ALWAYS acts in accord with International Law), made no attempt to inspect the aircraft at all?  

------------------
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
Chapter 13, verse 11

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2001, 05:01:00 AM »

Originally posted by Jekyll:
Hmm.. I seem to remember a certain Mig 25 Foxbat which landed in Japan a few years ago.

that's different jekyll, we had a very good and patriotic reason for disassembling that mig, after all it was russian and russians are evil so bending the law is ok - this is entirely different, the chinese are also evil so bending their bending of the law will not be tolerated.  

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2001, 05:38:00 AM »
"If they rammed us, it's an act of war..."

And if it was vice verca?

------------------
AH : Maniac
WB : -nr-1-
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac