Author Topic: 190a5 won't rip wings off  (Read 324 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
190a5 won't rip wings off
« on: October 04, 2005, 04:34:47 PM »
190a5 won't rip wings off in a straight down vertical dive from 32k with full WEP. It doesn't even start "creaking" until 600mph, which is where it tops out. I'm fairly sure that gravity, angling down, and full WEP would rip this puppy apart, but nothing until I hit water. Oh and Even at 550mph TAS the auto pilot still could begin pulling me out of it. I kept diving, though, to see what speeds the wings would rip off.

Turns out they won't.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 04:58:51 PM »
I took the 190a5 all the way up to 100k. Yes, it is possible. IAS/TAS both become TAS over 55k or so, and I ran out of gas but the wind was set to full updraft so I kept going. The plane and cockpit disappears promptly at 95k, so once I turned wind off and went down it came back. I then promptly inverted, nosed straight down, trimed myself to stay there and nose dived from 95-freakin'-thousand feet! WOOOHOOO!

only.... nothing happened. I just dived. And dived. And dived. I didn't even reach creaking until 40k, and I topped out at about 630mph there, but then it slowed down... to like 590 tops (in a nose down high speed dive) in the 20k's, and below 20K I started speeding up again but only just barely touched 600mph and had light creaking.

Something's messed up if I didn't rip myself to pieces.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 05:30:58 PM »
You have entirely too unused time on your hands:rofl
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 07:37:38 PM »
I was looking at a 190a5 skin I was working on, which is the only reason I was testing it at alts. I was checking the altimeter (which I re-did) to see if it functioned properly. At first it didn't, but then I got it working properly and had to use wind updraft to test it.