Author Topic: Thank you...  (Read 1025 times)

Offline Nightshift82

• Nickel Member
Thank you...
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2005, 08:07:15 PM »
middle kicks tail hardcore
Night5  
First tour: 55  (If anyone cares.......)

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Thank you...
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 11:18:03 PM »
.levi steal a kill? musta been lag

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Thank you...
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2005, 11:31:18 PM »
It was more fun when it was the alternate MA. Better quality fights.

But it is clearly the very best MA map available, even with the timid cherrypickers the lake fight attracts.

WTG map makers!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
Thank you...
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 11:51:56 PM »
Well, It was fun before all the cap/vulchers and bomber dorks (all 3 sides, BTW)  decided to hit FT.  WHY, just why???.......

Good map tho!:aok

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Thank you...
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2005, 12:33:25 AM »
Originally posted by FBBone
WHY, just why???.......

Good map tho!:aok

Here's a couple of guesses:

1) The Generalissimo types HATE people that don't play "win the war". They take action by themselves or by sending their loyal lemming minions to stop the waste of resources and make folks get back to toolshedding.

or

2) They either a) don't know how to fight in co-alt/co-e situations or b) don't want to fight in a co-alt/co-e situation.

Still, any map is going to have all the same behaviors. THIS map, however, has at least one place where the fights are close and pretty much constant.  I like it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Capz

• Zinc Member
Thank you...
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2005, 02:05:06 AM »
Yea the middle is alot of fun, I also like how its easy to find a fight when its not peak :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Thank you...
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2005, 04:21:53 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
Here's a couple of guesses:

1) The Generalissimo types HATE people that don't play "win the war". They take action by themselves or by sending their loyal lemming minions to stop the waste of resources and make folks get back to toolshedding.

That's how it was tonight.  SgtDibs started to spawn B-24s and hit the Knight and Rookie bases to take out their fighter hangers.   He wanted to "stop our scoring" because after all, the game is about winning The War and not about furballing.  And they wonder why we mock the Tool Shed Warriors.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Thank you...
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2005, 09:13:39 AM »
I think this map pretty much ends the debate over whether it's the toolshedders or the furballers that are trying to make people play "their way".

;)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Thank you...
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2005, 04:13:48 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
I think this map pretty much ends the debate over whether it's the toolshedders or the furballers that are trying to make people play "their way".

;)

Ouch ... how quite this thread got after Toad's enlightening words (something that "we" have known for quite some time but now it's come to light).

I'll never forget the day, after I first joined the 13th, Toad asked repeatedly and nicely for some toolshedder/fluffer to not kill the CV off the coast ... "we are having a great furball here". Needless to say he was summarily ignored.

It wasn't more than 20 seconds after the CV sunk that Toad suggested that we switch sides and hammer the crap out of the insensitive toolshedder/CV killer ... boy that was alot of fun.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Thank you...
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2005, 04:18:54 PM »
This map is for dweebs!   I gues thats why I love it!  :-)

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Thank you...
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2005, 05:57:52 PM »
two words..re set.......wtg:rolleyes:

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Thank you...
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2005, 06:04:41 PM »
i liked the map. you didnt have to climb 10k for a fight. the only thing that was terrible was the toolshed bombers, pick dweebs, and pt boat dweebs who tried to ruin the fun.

:huh

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
Thank you...
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2005, 06:11:01 PM »
Reset before the weekend? :mad:

Toolshed