Author Topic: I'm on a mission from god.  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
I'm on a mission from god.
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2005, 07:21:01 AM »
So, G.W.B. is ready to end it all on earth so it will all be as it is in heaven?

Hawlo be thy name, thy kingdom come he won't be done, when Jesus his Christ is born.

:lol

;)
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2005, 07:28:23 AM »
the bbc is the brits cnn
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Momus--

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2005, 07:57:47 AM »
Originally posted by Godzilla
The first time I read this BBC story, I couldn't believe what I was reading. The story is FILLED with assumptions, yet they are careful not to state that the BBC is presenting it as fact. Thery know it's BS, but they want it out there anyway. I was so struck by it that I easily recal it today, and present it to you for review.

What follows is a BBC story fillled with BS of the highest magnitude.

They quote this bow-tie wearing, jew hating "expert" who has ZERO evidence of a massacre......only his misguided hatred.

Of course, there was no massacre and this guy was as full of **** as anyone could ever be, but the BBC ran the story with no problems. I wonder if the BBC ever did a follow up and appologize?

If the BBC never reported the opposing view then your whines might have some currency. However, that is not the case, as there have been a number of subsequent articles from the BBC detailing the findings of inquiries into the events in Jenin that clearly undermine the case for a large scale massacre of the kind claimed to have occured by the Palistinian side. Here is an example.

Statements such as "Thery know it's BS, but they want it out there anyway" from you presupposes that you know the intent behind the publishing of the said article, when that is clearly not true. Likewise, referring to the academic in question as a "bow-tie wearing, jew hating "expert" speaks volumes about your own biases.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2005, 08:51:01 AM »
Never met an athiest that wasn't crazy... it has nothing to do with their toching faith in their unsupportable belief...I don't think...

just seems that they are all crazy.. you peel back the layers and you find that they are crazier than a **** house rat.

lazs

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2005, 09:26:32 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Never met an athiest that wasn't crazy... it has nothing to do with their toching faith in their unsupportable belief...I don't think...

just seems that they are all crazy.. you peel back the layers and you find that they are crazier than a **** house rat.

lazs

Being a person who does not believe I beg to differ.

I have "Faith" but do not believe in a "God".

I believe if you do the right thing and help others when you can you will have a better life.

Does that make me crazy?:huh

BTW I would rather follow a man who believed he was following the will of God than someone who followed the will of Liberals. Which by definition is a godless heathen with no moral compass.:aok
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 09:31:23 AM by Mighty1 »
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2005, 09:38:27 AM »
Originally posted by BluKitty
it's hearsay and the BBC clearly says that...  

is Bush ever Quoted no ... did I claim it no ...

LOL, now you deny what you posted.

It is IN quotes, or are you so blind that you can not see that?
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Godzilla

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2005, 10:08:22 AM »
Originally posted by Momus--
Statements such as "Thery know it's BS, but they want it out there anyway" from you presupposes that you know the intent behind the publishing of the said article, when that is clearly not true. Likewise, referring to the academic in question as a "bow-tie wearing, jew hating "expert" speaks volumes about your own biases.

Look up this guy's name on the internet and look at his agenda and background. The bbc reported his words without one shred of evidence to back any of it up. It was a 100% biased article and completey baseless and wrong. I thought the BBC was supposed to be some great, fair news outlet?

Look up Derrik Pounder on the internet and see if you think he might have an agenda against Isreal.

It doesn''t matter if the bbc reported an opposing view, this article was a slanted and unsubstaniated attempt to convey that a massacre had occured without even a shred of proof.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 10:15:28 AM by Godzilla »

Offline Momus--

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2005, 02:02:46 PM »
Pounder is a respected forensic pathologist; you are a low grade bbs troll (yes I just realised who you are.) The only references to Pounder on the internet in respect of Israel are in relation to the events in  Jenin. That does not amount to anything that substantiates the predictable smear of systemic anti-semitism that you are making. Now join your other ID on my ignore list, Nuke. :)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2005, 10:23:01 PM »
wrong on the ID, momus.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2005, 11:29:19 PM »
I thought the god thing was already known for years, from different occasions.
I don't know so much about the backgrounds of this story but already before it I've distrusted Bush also because hes said to have acted on gods will.
Even that one time is enough for me..  I can't stand leaders whos approving their actions by god.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2005, 07:09:56 AM »
Never met an athiest that wasn't crazy...
Would you have let tomato and me shoot your guns, knowing that we were both crazy? :eek:

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2005, 08:53:51 AM »
Aint religion great.
Love the people who get fanatic.
And at one point they believe themselfes just all thanks to religion.

Would be stupid if he did say that, very stupid.
So the president get schrizofrenic (or whatever spelled)
great!!

Whats next ?

Elvis offcourse

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2005, 09:11:54 AM »
mighty... not having faith in god would make you an agnostic.... Having totally unsuported faith that you knew for certain that there was not a god of any kind would make you an atheist.

beet... not all crazy persons are of any immediate danger.  most are realtively harmless.   If they can't vote they are even less dangerous.

lazs

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2005, 09:49:24 AM »
mighty... not having faith in god would make you an agnostic.... Having totally unsuported faith that you knew for certain that there was not a god of any kind would make you an atheist.

My, my, where did you get those definitions?

Agnostic is one who believes that it is impossible to know whether there are any gods. root word gnostic (of knowledge), agnostic = no knowledge. No stance on belief either way. There are agnostic thiests, they don't profess to know but believe anyway.

Atheist is one who dosn't believe any gods exist. root word theist (god belief), atheist = no god belief. No stance on knowledge either way.

Agnostics dont know, atheists don't believe. One can be both.

I'd wager most atheists are agnostic atheists. If you find one that states they have totally unsuported faith that they know for certain that there was not a god of any kind, I'd like to meet him or her. Sounds to me like you're trying to define atheism out of existence (since we are crazier than a **** house rat).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 10:15:05 AM by Booz »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2005, 10:35:41 AM »
booz.. I would wager that most atheists were agnostics too.   To believe that there is no god takes every bit as much faith as to believe that there is.   Agnostic is the reasonable course for those who doubt.

by the very defenistion... if you totally lack a belief in god (atheist) then you are a believer.... you believe there is no god even tho you have no proof that is true.   It is simply faith that makes an athiest.   Faith that there can be no god.

lazs
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 10:37:42 AM by lazs2 »