Author Topic: Personal Responsibility  (Read 941 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Personal Responsibility
« on: October 28, 2005, 08:40:47 AM »
"My hope is to change the culture from one that has said, if it feels good, do it; if you've got a problem, blame somebody else — to one in which every single American understands that he or she is responsible for the decisions that you make." President G.W.Bush

BUahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahah!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 08:44:00 AM »
actually, I agree with that statement.

although I'm less than charmed by the little weazel, he does have lucid moments when he works from the prepared text.

'hehehheheheheh'
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: Personal Responsibility
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 08:52:09 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
"My hope is to change the culture from one that has said, if it feels good, do it; if you've got a problem, blame somebody else — to one in which every single American understands that he or she is responsible for the decisions that you make." President G.W.Bush

Don't take it too personally, he is, after all, speaking of your culture that you grew up in, and are quasi-responsible for...I've been saying this very same thing for years on this BBS.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 09:28:33 AM »
I agree!

I don't care what the left or the right say about him. He does what he says he would do and he blames the people who deserve to be blamed when things go wrong. Not who the left wants him to blame.

I don't agree with him on some things but I can't help but like him for sticking to his word. (as best as you can in politics)
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 09:38:39 AM »
IMHO he is correct.
He has also done something that hasn`t been seen for quite some time here.......that being showing some cajones instead of bowing to wants and snivelings of other little cowardly nations. His actions have been a great effort in protecting our country from future attacks that were most certainly to come and esclate if we continued to hold hands and bow to the olive branch wavers.
  When some threat comes to you, you do not wring your hands and say "Gosh, I wish you old meanies would stop it". You kick their *** back to last week and don`t wait for them to build strength and backing.
  He has been a real pain in the posterior for the sqeamish. That`s a good thing.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 09:41:16 AM by Jackal1 »
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Personal Responsibility
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 09:40:56 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Don't take it too personally, he is, after all, speaking of your culture that you grew up in, and are quasi-responsible for...I've been saying this very same thing for years on this BBS.

What culture is that?
sand

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 09:45:32 AM »
I agree with the statement too.... It just is patently clear that Bush doesn't.

And which Country did you grow up in Rip?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 10:28:14 AM »
I agree with the statement too.... It just is patently clear that Bush doesn't.

And which Country did you grow up in Rip?

Did not Bush take responsibility for Katrina recently? Turn off the Democratic underground once in a while and actually see whats happening in our country for a change.

What country did I grow up in? "The" country. Farm country. Apple pie, mothers and fathers that raised kids responsibly and value work ethics. We had no knowledge of the "Berkeley Culture" except for what we saw on the news in the evenings. Sorry to hear you may have been a part of that "Peace, Love and Dope" culture.  Seems the mothers and fathers of that "Berkeley era" gave birth to higher school drop out percentages, abortions, increased divorces and lower the overall academic architecture of America....its very evident today, don't you agree?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 10:47:52 AM »
Seems the mothers and fathers of that "Berkeley era" gave birth to higher school drop out percentages, abortions, increased divorces and lower the overall academic architecture of America....its very evident today, don't you agree?

Oh, that's rich.
sand

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Personal Responsibility
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 01:01:58 PM »

This is one of the definitions of Stalinism. The thing they have been fighting since 1956 and finally succeded here: no noone is responsible for anything any more.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 04:06:21 PM »
Did not Bush take responsibility for Katrina recently? Turn off the Democratic underground once in a while and actually see whats happening in our country for a change.

What country did I grow up in? "The" country. Farm country. Apple pie, mothers and fathers that raised kids responsibly and value work ethics. We had no knowledge of the "Berkeley Culture" except for what we saw on the news in the evenings. Sorry to hear you may have been a part of that "Peace, Love and Dope" culture.  Seems the mothers and fathers of that "Berkeley era" gave birth to higher school drop out percentages, abortions, increased divorces and lower the overall academic architecture of America....its very evident today, don't you agree?

First of all.... Bush taking responsibility:

"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government and to the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility,"

If that isn't backhanded enough for ya... how exactly did he take that responsibility? By saying it? LOL. He's STILL got Brownie on the payroll.
How about taking responsibility for that lousy Supreme Court nomination.....

NOpe! He's blaming the Democratic minority in congress for asking for too many papers. Heheeeee. Dude! This is rich!

And as for me being in the peace love dope generation..... you don't know jack.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 05:07:37 PM »
LOL.. yah; look at us all dodging the responsibility bullet.

This sorry bellybutton state of affairs happened on OUR watch gents. You, me, all of us are responsible.

Think about THAT on election day.

I know I sure as hell will be and I will never again shirk my duty as an American to vote, to speak out and stand in line at the polls.

Remember, politics starts in your home town, with your school board, with your county and town's elected officals.

Do yer damn duty, beiatch, moan, make a scene.. but lets all agree to do something besides watch the news and shake our heads.

Make the news happen. Don't sit on your helpless fat bellybutton and just watch it.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 05:10:37 PM »
Amen brotha Hang...

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 05:18:55 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime
This sorry bellybutton state of affairs happened on OUR watch gents. You, me, all of us are responsible.

You can't pin this on me. I didn't vote for the current clown.
sand

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Personal Responsibility
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 05:43:28 PM »
at least yah voted, sandy.

That's a big plus.

I don't give a damn if folks beyatch.. as long as they vote. Bless yah. Keep exercising the franchise. Find somebody you know that doesn't vote and get his bellybutton registered and make sure he gets to the polls. Lever the bastards outta the recliners.

Hum a few bars of 'Alices Restreraunt'.. I doin't give a tinkers damn what it takes.. but lets get the folks on YOUR block, MY block, every damn block in America to stand up and be counted.

You want the war over? You wanna Escalate? Don't give a damn. Find the guy that sings yer tune, get him or her registered, get 'em to the polls.

For once, lets see what a mandate looks like when the PEOPLE vote.

...at home, or abroad.