Author Topic: what is the differencce between  (Read 260 times)

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
what is the differencce between
« on: October 30, 2005, 08:54:22 AM »
XP and XP pro

and is it worth the price for home use?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 09:27:14 AM »
thanks, not worth the 75$ difference in price.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 09:53:39 AM »
For the home user, there is really no reason to bother with the pro version. While I am not a "fan" of MS stuff, at least XP seems to be very stable. I haven't had to reformat and install once since I upgraded. When I upgraded I did a format with a clean install of 98 then immediately upgraded to XP. I just wish the darn thing wasn't so freaking expensive.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 10:26:04 AM »
I just wish the darn thing wasn't so freaking expensive.

tell me about it, 125$ CAD for home and 202 CAD for pro, at least it's tax free :D
Benefits of living 10 minutes from a reservation, cheap smokes and cheap PC hardware ;)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 11:42:07 PM »
Yeah I know what you mean about the tax free idea. I can buy it on base at the PX and it's tax free too.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2005, 12:13:52 AM »
Just remember whichever  version you choose to go with. So long as you have an old Windows instalation CD Do NOT get the full version of either.
Buy Windows XP Upgrade.

You get the same exact thing as the full versions at about half (or less) the price

But you NEED an windows instalation CD (windows 98/ME) As it will prompt you to put in one of these disks before proceeding with thei nstalation of XP
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty