Author Topic: Back in the game: best way to upgrade from 2.01 patch 2?  (Read 161 times)

Offline llama

• Silver Member
      • http://www.warrenernst.com/
Back in the game: best way to upgrade from 2.01 patch 2?
« on: November 11, 2005, 02:43:13 AM »
All (but really Skuzzy),

So after a hiatus, its time to get back in the game.

My system still has version 2.01 patch 2. I would love it if I didn't have to redo my joystick and all my gunsights.

Can I just download the current version and install it over the old one? If I must uninstall the old version, will it leave all my config files?

If I must start from scratch, can I copy over old config files from my old installation?

Any other tips?

Thanks,
Llama

Interesting server at 69.12.181.171

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 06:26:52 AM »
save a copy of your settings folder  and gunsites folder in the AH folder....just to be safe, then install a full DL of the game. Old ver can't find the new server locations, so yas got to start over. After you install the new ver, replace the settings folder and gunsite folders with the one you saved before you started ... the one with all your old head positions and gunsites.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 07:22:12 AM »
You can safely remove the old game using the "Add/Remove Programs" ICON llama and install the full version.  Removing the game does not remove the "settings" folder (if there are other folders you have custom stuff in (sounds, skins, gunsites..., then rename them before removing the game),

Using the "Add/Remove Programs" cleans up any registry entries placed there during the installation of the game (we only have one entry).
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline llama

• Silver Member
      • http://www.warrenernst.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 12:39:49 PM »
Thanks a bunch, guys. I'll hopefully see you up there this weekend...

-Llama

Interesting server at 69.12.181.171