Author Topic: So, I'm in the CT...  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Sundiver

• Copper Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« on: November 12, 2005, 05:47:29 PM »
And overhear on all channel how the Hurri IIC has no place in the current setup. Aside from the fact that the Russian did indeed fly them explain to me how it has no place in a setup where the Germans have turning rides like the FM2 and 109-F4?

To me it seems fairly balanced. Really the IIC is the only turn fighter the allies  have since if you up a LA5 you get accused of flying in "easy mode".

Machhi.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 05:49:34 PM by Sundiver »

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Re: So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 06:01:53 PM »
Originally posted by Sundiver
a setup where the Germans have turning rides like the FM2 and 109-F4?
In this setuo, the Germans have 109F-4's, but they do not have FM2's. And neither do the Finnish Air Forces, what they have is the Brewster model 239. But since we don't have it in game, it's been subbed with the FM-2 (it's been substituted on this map for a while...)

But yes, Hurri2c does belong to this setup as well as the Brewster (err, FM2 ;)) does. In reality the Friedrich should be limited to the Northern fields, and perhaps on the fields on the south side of the Finnish Gulf since the FiAF never had any F's.

edit: While at it, Finland never had any 110's or 190's either, some of German 190's and Stukas were based in Finland during the Soviet assault in Summer 1944 (109's and 110's were based in North Finland from '41 onward). But keep the setup as it is for playability, this is just history. :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 06:05:36 PM by Panzzer »
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 06:09:38 PM »
To me it seems fairly balanced. Really the IIC is the only turn fighter the allies  have since if you up a LA5 you get accused of flying in "easy mode".

Take note of who is saying that and use the .squelch Storch command. Problem solved. :)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 06:43:31 PM »
Hurri is a easymode plane in this setup. And since it takes 3+ 20mms it wings and tail and keeps flying Id have to say its over modeled as well. Yes CMs use historical setups but they also make them even sided. Hurri can keep up with most the axis planes it can out turn all but the hurriI, the f2m is an even match up and it has the best gunpackage in the setup. Before you even say something like well the 110 has 4x 20s and 2x 30s, to have a chance of staying alive for more then 2 seconds you have to only take the 2x 20mm and 2x30mm even then the 4x 20mms on the hurri are way better then the 110s guns.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 06:51:28 PM »
planeset is fine
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 07:02:28 PM »
Hurricanes are meat on the table for the majority of the LW aircraft. The planeset is fine like Eagler said.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 07:04:35 PM »

Nobody said anything about the La5 being an easymode plane the hurri is the easymode plane and since when did the P40 become a B&Z plane since you said the hurri is the only turn fighter again with the La5 that is a hell of a turner, but most people dont know it because they run in it.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Sundiver

• Copper Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 07:38:37 PM »
The P40 at least in my experience cannot stand up to a FM2 or F4 in a turn fight.

As for the Hurri IIC being a "easy mode" plane, in the hands of most pilots it's anything but. It is underpowered and very easy to stall with anyone but an experienced stick flying it. Is it easy to kill in? Yes. IF you manage to saddle someone. Most of the German rides that cannot outrun can at least turn with it.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 07:57:19 PM »
actually the f4f would be a better sub than the fm2, despite 6 guns vs 4...
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 07:58:27 PM »
If you are getting beat by a IIc its your own fault.

storch

Re: Re: So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 10:55:03 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
Take note of who is saying that and use the .squelch Storch command. Problem solved. :)
I never made that comment

Offline Sundiver

• Copper Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 11:02:50 PM »
Actually it wasn't Storch. Was a cohort.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2005, 11:04:32 PM »
Well, I had a 50-50 chance, it had to be either you or TK. :)

I have never squelched you Storch, I actually find you rather entertaining most of the time. I used your name in my example because you were someone I knew would not take it personally.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2005, 11:06:19 PM »
I said it and mena it hurri is a easymode plane and is almost as bad as the old spit5.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2005, 12:53:42 AM »
flew the P40E against the C202 and the 109f4  had no problems,
flew the P40E against the 109f4, and 110 and hurri ( was mostly 3 on 1 and 4 on 1 ) and had no chance at all.

especially when was only get near 1k out off of field from take off before being pounced.

same thing flying the hurric2 3 or 4 pouncing , they always coming with an alt advantage or getting me just taking off with less than 2k under my wings.

so  1 on 1 or 2 on 1 the P40E or the Huri2c can handle the 110s, Hurri1 and c202 or 109F4, maybe the 109G2 will give a bit of a fight.

but the P40E nor the Hurri2c can do anything when you are pounced from people on a perch or being waxed as soon as you try to take off or try to land.......

does that about sum it all up? JG54 squadron? if people claim that the pilots in the CT are so much superior to those in the MA< why must you have to fight in  groups of 3 or 4, or is that what everyone means by being superior?

I have enjoyed 2 great nights of flying in the CT this week, outside of KONG blantantly accusing me of vulching a JG54th when infact I was under the impression I was still after the 109 I smoked that ran, when infact it was another 109F someone else had pinged up. in which I apologized to Tbarone for taking him out. KONG was the one who tryed to pick me off , got smoked then ran........after certian people logged out me, Tbarone, and a few others had some good fights, JAkerat and 3 of us had some fun on a previous night, and it made me think that maybe the CT is worthy of flying there again

Then I have KONG talk down to me like I was a tard, I did not belong in the CT, the CT doesn't kill wounded planes, they let wounded planes land, they don't vulch people taking off or landing. All this smack from someone I tryed to help when I first saw him come into the game about a year ago, funny how some have so much influence on someone to lead them down the wrong path of how to act toward their fellow community players.......

but I forgot it is the JG54th's Arena and they say what goes..........

same freaking reason I stopped flying there in the past, thought it might have  changed , but guess it is still their little play ground........

all in all, to Tbarone, JAkerat ( <---hope I spelled that right ), tankman2 and a few others.....................ha d some fun times this past week........

as for this post, this is my personal view and in know way has anything to do with  my squad, the Training corps or anyone else.......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC