Author Topic: So, I'm in the CT...  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 01:16:28 AM »
I wouldnt take much if anything of what KONG has to say to heart Tbar,tankman, and N7 are some of the funnest fights in the CT.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2005, 02:44:36 AM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser

but I forgot it is the JG54th's Arena and they say what goes..........

Wow I didnt know someone could be so....so............ omg that one line was so stupid I cant find a word to discribe it. Kinda sounds like Lazs coming in saying the only way I can get kills is to have 3-4 buddies taging along and have alt adv. If only he had some comon since. Funny thing is about 30mins after that I killed shane while geting B&Zed by lazs good thing batfink came in and killed me saveing lazs right after I killed shane.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 02:49:33 AM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

storch

So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2005, 05:44:02 AM »
Gee TC, I kinda feel the same way as you do.  I spent most of the evening looking for 1 v 1's only to be be bounced by 3 to 4 every time.  hmmmm let's see. who can I blame?  do you see your sig line?  hmmm good move deleting it prior to whining.  kudos to TC.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 05:46:31 AM by storch »

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005, 07:05:51 AM »
Originally posted by storch
Gee TC, I kinda feel the same way as you do.  I spent most of the evening looking for 1 v 1's only to be be bounced by 3 to 4 every time.  hmmmm let's see. who can I blame?  do you see your sig line?  hmmm good move deleting it prior to whining.  kudos to TC.

Well, Storch, I didn't name each individual, I gave a ~S~ to those I thought deserved it, to add ALLMETAL ,  your gang is ok group when working together as a team, just never understand the justification why it takes 3 to 4 on 1 individual. Always thought that was over kill, team work is a good thing, and I am not bashing that aspect of it, just the thought of being told by one of your members that what took place last night is frowned upon in the CT< yet the same squad in which the individual that said it was doing the same thing he said was frowned upon.

furballing 3 on 4 or 4 on 2 etc...is straight up justifiyable, but to blatantly continue to pick off people upping from a base or having 3 or 4 trying to pivk one of while he is trying to land is down right pitiful..........

and to add. I never once actually whined, I just asked why, why do you have to ruin the fun aspect of the CT.  everyone enjoys a good fight, regardless if ya out numbered 2 to 1 , sometimes even 3 to 1, but 4 to 1 is a little much....... especially when 1 is trying to get to at least 1k alt taking off then trying to dodge 2 or 3 diving in with E and you just raising gear and trying to get out of the way.

do give kudos back for the 2 times I feel for the spiral climb to have a mach 1 speed 109 or 110 come barreling down from a 5k alt advamntage 5 k away and flying under and straight up my 6,  only if the icon distance could show these invisiable planes :D

as for my sig, yes I remove it when expressing a personal view , so I am only representing my self and not anyone else.

oh btw, fell out of my chair laughing when you came hauling tail in to pick me off in your 110 as I was trying to land to rearm,  had I had any ammo left I would not have made the detour through that opening in the trees, and cause you to auger at the field I was trying to land at.....

again,  no hard feelings,  and for most part I enjoyed myself, even said so to the others, said thanks for the fun fights, and even ~S~ everyone, guess you was just to pissed to acknowledge the fun we all had.........:aok  it is ok, I understand

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 07:17:41 AM »
I about fell outa my chair when I logged on last night to find 19 !! ppl in CT!!

I tried to up from a capped base and was repeatedly vulched by a horde pf 110's ....

I did not care as there were 19!! ppl in AH!!

hope to see numbers like that more often with or without the ch200 jibberish
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

storch

So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 09:35:07 AM »
TC, sorry if I gave you the impression that I may have been angry.  The truth is I find the game much more enjoyable by not tuning to Ch 200 except if I need to comment briefly then wait for a reply.  perhaps my lack of replying could be attributed to that.   if indeed that was the case then let me assure you that for my part it was great to see you there and I hope you will return.  I had a blast in the CT last evening, even though I don't believe I landed a kill.  The fights were competetive and under 8k for the most part and since I don't usually tune 200 and made a point of de tuning 200 after Shane logged on I personally enjoyed a fun time.   I stayed on way longer than I should have,  I'm working 7 days a week in the hurricane relief effort here.  I don't recall attempting to vultch you, I generally don't do that though last night I did vultch two players as a return of courtesy, as it were.  perhaps I confused you with one them as so many of you were in woobiecanes.  I will agree with Lazs' comment that the 110 might be severly over-modelled.  To that I would also add that if the real items performed in WWII as they do here in AHII then both the FW190 and Bf109 projects would have been cancelled in favor of the Bf110.  I would also venture to guess the Spitfire may have been cancelled as well, in favor of the Hurricane.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 10:40:42 AM »
SunDiver my advice would be to fly what you like. Who cares what others say or think.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 11:10:44 AM »
truekill.... I'm sorry for shooting you down whenever I got near you and you didn't have help... you have a good move but it is predictable and depends on the overmodeled 110 and you not stalling and spinning or... the other guy not knowing much.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2005, 11:44:52 AM »
Originally posted by Shane
actually the f4f would be a better sub than the fm2, despite 6 guns vs 4...

Agreed.

It's been traditional to use the FM2 ever since we had this wonderful FinRus map.  Originally there was a core group of people who persuaded the staffers that the Buffalos used by the Finns were lighter weight than those used by the USN, and hence had superior performance.  Perhaps that's true, but I doubt it was THAT superior.  I'd use the F4F if we were starting all over, but the map and plane set has taken on a life of its own (and a good one at that), so we stuck with tradition.

And, as others point out, the FM2 v. the Hurri II is a pretty good fight.

- oldman

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2005, 11:46:24 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
I about fell outa my chair when I logged on last night to find 19 !! ppl in CT!!

I tried to up from a capped base and was repeatedly vulched by a horde pf 110's ....

I did not care as there were 19!! ppl in AH!!

hope to see numbers like that more often with or without the ch200 jibberish

CT has been doing much better over the past couple of months.  Lots of new faces, and lots of old ones returning.  Warms the cockles of my old heart, so it does.

- oldman

storch

So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2005, 12:12:16 PM »
the Brewster model B239 was very much lighter and did have much better performance than the F2A-3.  The reason the Navy selected the Brewster B239 over the Grumman F4F initially was the Brewster's better performance.  Of course the Navy immidiately instigated changes to the design that added to it's overall weight without a corresponding increase in engine H.P.  In Finnish hands the Brewster more than acquitted itself in combat.  It may have actually been a challenger to the A6M2.  It would be nice if one day HTC would model the B239.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2005, 01:18:18 PM »
brewster top speed 320 mph.. rate of climb for best brewster was 2600 fpm

f4f-3 topped out at 335 and 3300 fpm climb

fm2 was 325 and climb of about 3200 fpm climb

f4f-4 is about 320mph and 2500 fpm climb..

The later f4f-4 wildcat would be a better substitute for the brewster.

lazs

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2005, 01:43:06 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
The later f4f-4 wildcat would be a better substitute for the brewster.

lazs

As I have said many times, even with the extra firepower of the 6x .50 cal the F4F-4 is a far more accurate sub for the Brewster than is the FM2.

storch

So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2005, 03:04:14 PM »
are those B239 numbers or are they the overweight F2A?  :aok

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
So, I'm in the CT...
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2005, 03:17:37 PM »
Please do not believe anything you hear over the global channel.  95% of the muttonheads yappin on there have NO idea what they are talkin about.
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.