Author Topic: Stick freezes  (Read 251 times)

Offline JB39

• Zinc Member
Stick freezes
« on: November 14, 2005, 05:09:59 PM »
My joystick freezes alot, and I become a lawn dart.  Before every AH game I calibrate in and out of the game.  All the sliders are at full for every dropdown, and the damper is half way up, just a tad bit deadband.  I get the "don't move your joystick so fast" error, and down I go.  It locks out a good 10 seconds.  What shoud I do/set this at?   Thanks   It's a thustmaster 2 stick.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Stick freezes
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 05:39:49 PM »
Originally posted by jon5150
 All the sliders are at full for every dropdown, and the damper is half way up, just a tad bit deadband.  I get the "don't move your joystick so fast" error, and down I go.  It locks out a good 10 seconds.  What shoud I do/set this at?   Thanks   It's a thustmaster 2 stick.

well, first try setting your dampening around 3/16th of an inch up from the bottom and do the same with your deadband,  as for the sliders all being maxed out  at the top for each axis input, that  is a preference thing more than anything else.

The Deadband is in my opinion what is getting you, unless you are flying jerky stick way and yank and twist the stick at a heavy fisted or irradict way all the time.

if you do not have a finese light touch on the stick inputs you may want to slide them sliders on the scale side down,  from left to right you will want it to look like a smooth flowing right side of the letter U

everyone holds the joystick a different way, some are heavy handed, some fly with a light touch and have better control using the settings maxed out across the top on the sliders and using a small increment of deadband  &/or dampening

you will just need to mess with to see what suits your style, or practice flying with gentle precise inputs of stick movement to get that precision control.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline JB39

• Zinc Member
Stick freezes
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 05:50:57 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I am pretty heavy handed.  I get into the game, and in all honesty have K.O'd a few joysticks since 2001.