Author Topic: Has anyone seen Lord of The Rings?  (Read 2332 times)

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Has anyone seen Lord of The Rings?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2001, 01:22:00 PM »
I saw it. AWESOME.
3 hours and I wanted to see more.
Only problem was three kids sitting behind me, who kept yapping during the movie. I told them to shut the hell up two times, the third I was gonna smack em Stryder style. When I stood up and turned around, they quickly moved pretty far away.

Cant stand people who talk in movies.

I think Ill go see it again next week. Its such a great movie, so well made, each character is like I imagined them, and each location is like I imagined them in my childhood. It was magical.

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2001, 04:07:00 AM »
I think I could watch all 3 in one sitting.
What a torture we have to wait 2 years to see all 3,and knowing they`re all done locked away is even worse.  

BTW I had to see it from the 3rd row,and sometimes during the film someone threw up behind us.
I`ll go see it again when getting good seats won`t be a hussle.

Offline Daff

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2001, 05:27:00 AM »
All 3 films are not done. Principal photography is done on all 3. Big difference.
There's probably still tons of 2nd unit stuff to be done as well.

Daff

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2001, 10:49:00 AM »
Originally posted by ~Caligula~:

BTW I had to see it from the 3rd row,and sometimes during the film someone threw up behind us..

lol

smell-a-vision  :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2001, 11:12:00 AM »
Saw it last night.  There wasn't a single open seat in the theater.

It was well worth the crowd and the wait.

AKDejaVu

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2001, 09:08:00 PM »
I saw it this afternoon.I have only read The Hobbit and had great expectations for TLOR...It was great!!!Better than I thought it was going to be(I ignored the hype).The personas were very well done and the "Evil" side of the plot was scary as hell(pun intended).I'm not going to mention the special effects(you have to see them to believe how someone finally got the compu-creatures to be real) or the Led Zepplin/Rush references(Misty Mountain/Rivendale)...Kinda left me out to dry when it ended though...Felt like less than two hours though it was over 3!Well you know what they say about time flying.. :)..Warning..The pre-movie commercials/previews are over 20 minutes long.Conserve your popcorn like you would a Tempest on 1/4 tank gas...  :D
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2001, 10:22:00 PM »
I don't know all the intricate details of the trilogy... but didn't Bilbo only have 9 fingers after a run-in with Gollum?

AKDejaVu

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: AKDejaVu ]

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2001, 10:26:00 PM »
seen it friday, very well done.  
and even at 11:30 am the theater was packed

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2001, 11:16:00 PM »
At the risk of giving the plot away it was Frodo, and it hasn't happened yet DejaVu.

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: Tah Gut ]

Offline Broes

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2001, 02:14:00 AM »
Saw it yesterday... it...is....a.... GREAT....movie... read the LotR 3 times and the movie is prettyfaithfull to the story... Sauron's eye, Saruman, gollum, Gandalf are all very well put down... A+!

Broes

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2001, 05:39:00 AM »
Peter Jackson just rules..

If you haven't seen his pre-hollywood productions (Bad Taste, meet the feebles, braindead..) you don't know what you're missing.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2001, 03:54:00 PM »
Saw it yesterday and was very impressed. I dont know that it could be done better without doing it in 7 installments instead of 3. There is no way to give the movie the depth of course. It is targeted at a person that has not read the book or has read it once or twice.  but for a pathetic sap that is nearing or in the double figures I dont think the book can be done justice. I know that the makers of the movie are total fans of the book and did the absolute best that could be done. And they have indeed made an excellent movie and paced it so that it works as a movie.  I cant imagine a fantasy movie that comes close to it. They can be proud of themselves for sure. I will probably see it again this week.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2001, 06:46:00 PM »
Just saw it, Oscar material here. While it didn't necessarily follow the book blow-by-blow, it remained ever faithful to the content and spirit. A truly epic and excellent film.  :D

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2001, 07:58:00 PM »
btw, never saw such a high consentration of 30-40 year old guys in a single movie.
deffinatly a 'guy film' for some reason most women just don't enjoy Tolkin

Offline snafu

• Silver Member
      • http://www.btinternet.com/~snaffers
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2001, 09:07:00 PM »
Went to see it yesterday, Having read the books several times I was expecting to be dissapointed, but left wanting more. The mines are exactly how I imagined them and Hobbiton is perfect. I think Sean Bean has the best line in the film (Peering out of a doorway) "Oh great... they've got a cave troll". There are a few gaps from the book but nothing worth mentioning.

As a side note, I work (And used to live) about 3 miles from the place where Tolkien spent his early years and the Shire is apparently based on the area (Although you would not think so now). The house he lived in is still there and a small mill (Sarehole Mill - is just over the road). Which became "Tom Sandymans mill in the LOTR. See http://www.bplphoto.co.uk/TolkiensBirmingham/TolkienSarehole.htm

TTFN
snafu